StarMade v0.197.36 Bug-fixing Round Part 2

Reaction score
    Neat! Thanks for the hard work... and extensive patch notes. Much appreciated.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Nice, bug fixes are always important and mirror on by default is good, I always forgot to set that when it was too late. :D

Keep up the good work. :cool:

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hello players,

a new version has been uploaded. Read the full news here:

StarMade News - StarMade v0.197.36 Bug-fixing Round Part 2

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema
    I thought "Mirror Cubes" meant actual mirrors! Imagine my disappointment :(.

Nice bug fixes though. Still need to fix being able to salvage planets and asteroids that have shield regen ability. It's a b it cheaty to bypass the shields on a planetary or asteroid base with a blast from a mining ship.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hooray! We finally have sensical version naming conventions! Beta here we come!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    that explains the launcher update.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I just posted that mirror cubes should default to on in the game balance suggestion thread like 90 minutes ago... and I already have it now. AMAZING!!!!!

Thanks for patch.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I just posted that mirror cubes should default to on in the game balance suggestion thread like 90 minutes ago... and I already have it now. AMAZING!!!!!

Thanks for patch.
    You're magic!

And I also really wanted this, so YAAAY!

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Mirror cubes is now enabled by default? Good. That way I don't have to toggle that checkbox every time I build something symmetrical with slabs.

I noticed that you said tooltips work on all the hotbars again. I didn't even know that was a bug, but I did notice it. Now I don't have to list what each activator does when I upload my more... insane creations.

All the little tweaks and fixes are adding up!

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Edit design without having to go to the holoship? Oh thank science!

I've been making sure to build a transporter room next to the bridge just so I could beam into it without having to float a couple hundred meters down to the anchor point. This will make life so much easier (when I forget to transport back to the station proper and log in to find myself floating in an empty shipyard).

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I can not express how grateful i am for this update. It seems minor but cleaning up all these little annoyances adds so much to the playing experience, giving the feel of an already polished product is so important to make a first impression with new players. Especially changes like dialog windows blocking confirmation stuff, that is a no go if you want your game to convince people which are interested in your game that they actually have set their bet on the right horse to have lots of fun in their playtime future.
    So these might be minor stuff but starmade has so many of these little "inconsitencies" and "meeehhh" things that the actual playerbase here in the forum does not even recognize them anymore for we are already gotten so used to them but for making a first impression they are so essential.

What i want on the list next which is really important to me for i absolutely hate fixing it after every fricking patch is a fix for reseting configs. i am playing with an entire custom keyboard layout and i hate the game overwriting it every two weeks! Thanks for listening.

Reactions: alterintel
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    Drakkart --- you could make a backup of your setting files and copy/past - overwrite after an update. i know .. a options button like "backup settings" would be more helpful i guess.
    these files i am talking about
    Screenshot_5.jpg

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Drakkart --- you could make a backup of your setting files and copy/past - overwrite after an update. i know .. a options button like "backup settings" would be more helpful i guess.
    these files i am talking about
    View attachment 24243
    i do but i'd love to not have to anymore for i always have to check if there are not any new keybinds are missing in my old file.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    My shipyards seem to be broken now! I was going to post a bug to say that any shipyards would insist on adding a prefix of "ENTITY_SHIP_" and a suffix of "0" onto everything I build. Since the new update, this seems to be the case but I have a greater problem.

I docked a ship to the shipyard anchor and carried out some modifications. I then used the deconstruct to design command to create a new version of my mining drone. I reloaded the design and constructed it. I undocked it and moved it to a holding dock ready to construct a second one. The design didnt want to load but then I notice the "parked" drone was now in holographic mode some distance away from the shipyard core anchor. I am unable to construct it, nor can it be edited. I tried to undock it from the shipyard but this option is not available as it isnt technically docked to it.

I added some logic to automatically undock it from where it was parked and after a few seconds the holographic ship disappeared. I have also lost some of the blocks from its construction.

I wanted to field test my new design so I managed to construct another. I loaded it into my carrier and sent the carrier to a nearby asteroid field. I tried to construct a second and the same thing happened. I jumped into a shuttle and flew to the carrier which was in the next sector. The drone was in the holographic state in the carrier!