StarMade v0.19624 Big Bugfixing Round & Fleet Mining

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I Just did a fresh install of Starmade, I'm not familiar with the key assignments, or confusing the hell out of me. So you fixed the "Z" assignment, while mining and going back and forth from build mode to ship mode no longer puts you to a spin.
    Now for the Up's and Down's, at one point they were all the same, ship, build, and astronaut mode, you used "Q" and "E". You changed the ship mode to "Left-Ctrl" and "Spacebar". being used to the old assignments, I now see my self flying away from asteroid while mining when I try to stop [Annoying]. While trying to ascend from the planets surface in ship mode, I spin out of control [urggggg].
    Therefore, I don't like your new assignments and will reassign them back to the old style so there will be less frustrations.

And by fixing the "Z" Rolling while mining, I assigned "J" for Ship - Buildmode

All fixed and more comfortable to work with.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ok. A little testing and it seems the the mining order does not work. They move to specific points in the sector, but they don't mine. Instead they look in the direction that the flagship is aiming and osculate back and forth. I even tried messing with the AI module, and changing my flagship to a miner and mining an asteroid to see if the other miners would join in. Nothing. I will see if owning the sector helps.
    You need to connect the miner's storage to their salvage computers

Salvage computer (master) > Storage Container (Slave)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I am certain they were already connected, but I will double check to be sure, right after I finish reinstalling.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I am certain they were already connected, but I will double check to be sure, right after I finish reinstalling.
    Also, make sure you(flagship) are in the same sector as them. Mine work fine as long as I am near them. When I back off to a nearby sector they stopped mining.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Yup tested mining. Most of the time my ships just float around in circles while trying to mine. It's kinda hilarious but utterly frustrating. Crusade seems to be having luck with lots of small ships. My miners are large and have a wide span between mining outputs.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    My mining fleet test is going really well. They work fine as long as the asteroid isn't moving.

Combined with the fixed carrier recall docking, I have some new stuff to build.

Reaction score
    So in case anyone was wondering, missile slaved miners waste a lot of their beams when automining. No, it doesn't matter and yes, you can go back to your lives now.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Purchased!
    Oops. Completely screwed up my install. Reinstalling a fresh install.
    EDIT Good. My textures are no longer scrambled! And It seems reinstalling from steam let me keep my BPs as well. Good. I really didn't want to use my backups.

Last edited:

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Ok. A little testing and it seems the the mining order does not work. They move to specific points in the sector, but they don't mine. Instead they look in the direction that the flagship is aiming and osculate back and forth. I even tried messing with the AI module, and changing my flagship to a miner and mining an asteroid to see if the other miners would join in. Nothing. I will see if owning the sector helps.
    The drones have to have salvager computers and those salvager computers have to be linked to a storage on the drones before they'll mine. Same thing happens if they are full.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Damm i have a "ResourceExeption:data/./textures/block/"

If i keep trying to log in (solo play) i end up with a null pointer...

I reloaded the game to no avail

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Damm i have a "ResourceExeption:data/./textures/block/"

If i keep trying to log in (solo play) i end up with a null pointer...

I reloaded the game to no avail
    Go to the StarMade/Data/textures/block/ folder and unzip any .zip files found in the folder and any of it's subfolders. You should end up with .png or or paint.net files.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Can anyone confirm the 5x speed boost to rails, my testing seems to indicate no change. I can still walk/float faster than a rail speed controller boosted rail.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Can anyone confirm the 5x speed boost to rails, my testing seems to indicate no change. I can still walk/float faster than a rail speed controller boosted rail.
    i think the minimum speed has been boosted. As in the lowest speed possible has been increased.

Reactions: WitherFireGaming
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Fleet mining is such a game changer for survival. It’s one of the most repetitive and boring tasks. This will make it a lot more fun.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Fleet mining is such a game changer for survival. It’s one of the most repetitive and boring tasks. This will make it a lot more fun.
    lol got a carrier full of 60 drones that go through asteroids in seconds already up. The only issue is if they hit the asteroid and have the chase it, dang AI can't manage a moving mining target too well yet. >_>

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    i found i mine a lot faster than the same mining ship without me.

Reaction score
    You need to connect the miner's storage to their salvage computers

Salvage computer (master) > Storage Container (Slave)
    I seem to be having the same problem. and that's after i slaved the Storage to the Salvage Computer. i'm testing it out in creative and it just keeps moving to one point and spazzing out a bit, then occasionally moving back to the same point

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    i think the minimum speed has been boosted. As in the lowest speed possible has been increased.
    Yes this change was to the minimum speed, you should only notice it if you dock something that is "too heavy" and attempt to move it. It was originally 1% so if it got a 5x increase it should move at 5%. I have not tested it myself yet though. Increasing the maximum speed is an interesting issue with many aspects to consider. If you dock a moving entity to a moving entity you will increase the speed of the final entity. If the base rail moves too fast you get issues with clipping due to objects moving faster than the game can calculate collisions. Another thing a lot of people don't consider is all the rail systems currently built that use entity positions to handle timing in circuits. A variable server setting for rails can potentially cause problems where some ships logic just doesn't work across servers or changes to the config. It is an issue that a lot of people want and are looking into so I hope a solution can be found that everybody can be happy with.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Strange fleet movements I noticed with my new drone mining ship.

- When drones have mined in a sector recall them to dock with the mother ship. Move your mother ship with a fleet order to another sector. Release the drones (used wireless logic) and order them to mine. They will fly back to the sector they were picked up in and start mining there.

- When having two ships in your fleet both with mining drones when recalling them they drones will all try to dock to the mothership. Not the original pickup point from the ship they departed from.

- When having two separate fleets in the same sector both with a mother ship with mining drones the mining drones will fight for position around an asteroid. They don’t share asteroids very well.