StarMade v0.19624 Big Bugfixing Round & Fleet Mining

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    - When having two ships in your fleet both with mining drones when recalling them they drones will all try to dock to the mothership. Not the original pickup point from the ship they departed from.
    I can't have a mining-carrier-carrier?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    - When having two ships in your fleet both with mining drones when recalling them they drones will all try to dock to the mothership. Not the original pickup point from the ship they departed from.
    19590 Release Notes said:
    Keep in mind that currently only one carrier (the flagship) per fleet is possible

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I haven't read all the posts here, so my apologies for repeating anything.

While playing with the fleet mining, I noticed a few possible bugs.

When ordering my ships to mine the sector, they tend to crash into the Asteroids and then proceed to mine where the asteroid was and not where it is.

Plus, I thought we would be able to enter coordinates for mining. It's more practical than ordering them to move and wait for that to complete and then order to mine.

Oh, and does anybody else still experience the twitchy mothership when you order Idle Formation?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I made a fleet with mining vessels, ordered them to mine a sector filled with asteroids, and they just sat there looking pretty. I had to mine it all myself, the other ships just mimicked my orientation.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I made a fleet with mining vessels, ordered them to mine a sector filled with asteroids, and they just sat there looking pretty. I had to mine it all myself, the other ships just mimicked my orientation.
    The ships have to have both AI modules and the Salvager Computers have to be linked to a storage with enough cargo space. Otherwise they'll just sit there and do nothing.

Reaction score
    The ships have to have both AI modules and the Salvager Computers have to be linked to a storage with enough cargo space. Otherwise they'll just sit there and do nothing.
    When the fill with cargo, will they stop mining?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I've been using my mining drone fleet just fine without AI modules.

When the fill with cargo, will they stop mining?
    I don't know... but I do know that 3200 cargo space per drone across 12 of my mining drones adds up to a lot of cargo space. Plus the carrier they dock to is able to automatically pull the cargo off of all of them into it's own storage.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yes, I know how to use storage and linking. I also have enough storage space to fit a solar system in it.

But, fleet orders do not seem dependent on AI modules though, as every other order works with or without an AI module(including combat). They even orient with me, but won't fire. If it requires an AI module to take this command, then they need to make it so other orders require the AI module to work and show a little consistency.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Purchased!
    I agree, although I think having someone or something to pilot the ship should be mandatory. Not one or the other. With no crew member or AI on board, who's flying the ship? It makes no sense.

Reaction score
    I agree, although I think having someone or something to pilot the ship should be mandatory. Not one or the other. With no crew member or AI on board, who's flying the ship? It makes no sense.
    Using our simple ‘C’ and ‘V’ system linking though, you can link a chair to a duty station to allow the NPC to control that duty station from the chair rather than having to stand in front of the computer. Chairs will have to be either in the same quarter or a relative quarter (Bridge or Engineering), enabling your scanner crewman to be on the bridge controlling the scanner, while the scanner computer is in the engineering quarter. This enables you to create more aesthetic bridges without losing functionality.

I know what you’re all thinking. Chairs will also be able to be linked to the Ship Core, allowing you to enter flight mode from the bridge of your ship. Assigning a crewman to the captain’s chair also presents the first piece of our future Fleet Control system.

In the development direction it says that chairs and linking a crew member, a "captain," to the ship core would be a key part of fleets. I think that right now they are just laying the base layer for fleets, and will add in the mechanics for a more logical system as the crew system gets fleshed out.

Reactions: Trekkerjoe
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The drones have to have salvager computers and those salvager computers have to be linked to a storage on the drones before they'll mine. Same thing happens if they are full.
    Well this answers my question.
    I was wondering if there was a way to designate a drop off point so when a miner is full it returns and unloads.
    It would make sense if you could designate a drop point where miners could unload be it a ship or station. That way miners could travel back and forth to a station. Or for longer hauls they could use a designated cargo hauler rather than the miner stop working for the long time the cargo hauler does the drop off. Or one could create a small station that haulers go to pick up loads and miners drop stuff off at so more than one hauler could be used.

Got to wonder what their plans are on that level.

Reaction score
    i noticed this behavior as well when i was trying to attach pickup rails to a platform that is docked to the mother ship. the coords for the pickup point were 59,20,9. (in relation to the platform) but when i hit "carrier recall" the ship went to 59,20,9 in relation to the mother ship itself.

the point was to have the ship come in, dock, then lower down under the hangar floor.

as right now drone pickup points have to part of the mother ship itself. cant be on docked entities of the mothership.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Purchased!
    i noticed this behavior as well when i was trying to attach pickup rails to a platform that is docked to the mother ship. the coords for the pickup point were 59,20,9. (in relation to the platform) but when i hit "carrier recall" the ship went to 59,20,9 in relation to the mother ship itself.

the point was to have the ship come in, dock, then lower down under the hangar floor.

as right now drone pickup points have to part of the mother ship itself. cant be on docked entities of the mothership.
    That is annoying. I was going to try exactly that. Oh well. I will keep that in mind. Perhaps we can get a similar effect using some rail trickery.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I love bug fix updates. They improve quality of life a lot!

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Finally I can remove those defensive ion effect blocks from my big turrets!
    Not the fix I thought would happen, but I welcome change no the less!

Does docked entities count for the ship block % of ion modules placed? I think they should, but if they are not summed, then we have a balancing problem.
    While I am here, any word on effect computers being logic toggelable? Would still be nice to have. What about computers emitting a signal when activated? I want lights in my bridge showing main weapon cooldown dangit! XD