StarMade v0.19556 - New Gear Graphics and Bugfixes

Reaction score
    Why people keep saying things of the style "players shouldn't do that in a star, we need to make up something to limit that hability for these specific situations (but only the ones we can think about while we are writing this message) while ignoring the countless consecuences for the rest of the game" ???

It's like building a house from the top with its features based on some arbitrary value like the size or the price: "Inhabitants shouldn't be allowed to avoid the rain for too long unless they have a roof made out of steel. So let's make holes in all the regular and cheap clay tiles. And all houses with steel roof will need to have no windows and big support structures because of the new weight. Also the inhabitants of houses with holed tiles will need more energy to stay warm."

I think the develpers should design a game system, see the output and redesign what is necessary instead adding post-design rules/limitation like the ones some people are asking for.

BTW, I buit an station inside a star and I like it a lot, is super cool. I have a really small ship with a lot of armor to warp-in and park inside. Still doesn't make sense that stations can hold the heat with grey hull while ships are damaged even with advanced armor. I think the solution should be adding heat damage to stations and something simple and independent like a new block/shield that protects from sun heat, instead a nerf of weapons or whatever.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well it's not like they're putting holes in the roof, there is a mitigation system coming, it's just not here YET. Also, a sun burns at 5,778 Kevin. That's 9940.73 degree F. If you know of anything that should logically survive this, please let me know. There' a reason that suns are used to destroy things.
    It's like building a bridge above a bottomless pit, you SHOULDN'T jump into the pit, but let's add balloons so you float down slower.
    So that means that suns are bottomless pits, you shouldn't go in one by all means, so really no problem there. You don't jump off the bridge and you stay alive.

Reaction score
    What you say is more like filling the entire house with concrete so you don't have to worry about the rain getting inside at all. It's one option, make the stars actually too hot to stay inside. But right now the starmade stars are kind of "empty" (I hope it stays this way, it's great for strategy).

PD: You can jump safely in a bottomless pit if you have a rope. How long? It depends on your obsession for going down, and your ability to climb back and your resources to pay/manufacture the rope.
    Or a jetpack. Jetpacks are cool.

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Hello everyone, with this new update my game is really bugged !
    I can't use cargo Space (capacity always at 100), I can't build ship (if I add thruster or reactor, stat don't change like power regen and thrust)
    I've tried to delete all my game's data and reinstall the game but still bugged !
    I don't what to do ...

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Hello everyone, with this new update my game is really bugged !
    I can't use cargo Space (capacity always at 100), I can't build ship (if I add thruster or reactor, stat don't change like power regen and thrust)
    I've tried to delete all my game's data and reinstall the game but still bugged !
    I don't what to do ...
    Open a dedicated bug thread and tag AndyP