StarMade v0.19519 Cargo & more

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    its *OLD* the generators sucked to begin with, it never went above the softcap at all, maxed out at 500k energy regen, with a stupid amount of power generators placed cause i had /no/ idea how the power system worked when i was making it!
    As i said, it needs a massive refit to be viable at all, even before this update.
    Exactly. Since your ship was UNDER the softcap before, it's received a buff in power gen. However, ships that were over are now even less efficient than they were before, compared to using reactors that are docked.

Reaction score
    So I tried out the new cargo system, and nothing happened. The capacity of the storage block hasn't increased, no crates appeared in the cargo space blocks when I put things in the storage block.

As you can see I have cargo space blocks linked to my storage module. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
    View attachment 19241
    I don't think the cargo is viosable in build mode. Try looking at it in astronaut mode.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Exactly. Since your ship was UNDER the softcap before, it's received a buff in power gen. However, ships that were over are now even less efficient than they were before, compared to using reactors that are docked.
    I dont know honestly, i loaded up my mining vessel, and its power got buffed from 1.1mill, and now its maxed out at 2.23 million, no batteries. to me thats a bit more effective, unless im missing something?(they shoulda modified the curve a little bit i think)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I dont know honestly, i loaded up my mining vessel, and its power got buffed from 1.1mill, and now its maxed out at 2.23 million, no batteries. to me thats a bit more effective, unless im missing something?(they shoulda modified the curve a little bit i think)
    The power softcap before was really closer to 1.2 million.

Let's say a ship before the update had 3 million in on-board power. With these changes, it now has 4 million. Now, let's say a ship had 1 mil + 2 1mil docked reactors. That ship now has 6 million power.

This change has buffed docked reactors, making things even worse for people who don't use them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!

Let's say a ship before the update had 3 million in on-board power. With these changes, it now has 4 million. Now, let's say a ship had 1 mil + 2 1mil docked reactors. That ship now has 6 million power.

This change has buffed docked reactors, making things even worse for people who don't use them.
    Aw! I see, thanks for explaining it that way!

Now that makes sense!

Might have missed it, but what would you have done?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Starting cash is now 50 000 credits instead of 20 000 credits for new clients and station cost price has been decreased from 1 000 000 credits to 50 000 credits
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Now You will be millionaire in 10 seconds after entering server (as long as this cost change applies to repairing derelic stations).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3

Any jam or cloak can be broken with a scanner thats has been build to spec. It is a "way to much" complex game. People will use complex stratagies to get the upper hand and that must be applauded not nerfed.

I very much like the extra max flat 1 million power. A lot of bleuprints that were broken on the previous energy nerf can now be used again.

Besides after building the perfect non battery ship. Someone will fight back with a battery powered one and offcourse i build one to to match him.

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Aw! I see, thanks for explaining it that way!

Now that makes sense!

Might have missed it, but what would you have done?
    I actually like a 2mil power softcap. The issue is, the way they did it doubled all power systems beneath the softcap. They should have halved the multiplier. Then, current ships would have the same power generation, but you could get bonuses up to 2 mil instead of it stopping there.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I actually like a 2mil power softcap. The issue is, the way they did it doubled all power systems beneath the softcap. They should have halved the multiplier. Then, current ships would have the same power generation, but you could get bonuses up to 2 mil instead of it stopping there.
    Right right, we both kinda got the same thing, the curve should have been modified at the same time, that i can agree with fully!

Reactions: Lecic

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Any jam or cloak can be broken with a scanner thats has been build to spec. It is a complex game "way to much" people will use complex stratagies to get the upper hand and that must be applauded not nerfed.
    I feel like I've said this about ten times today.

The issue is not that things can cloak and jam. Cloak and jam have proper counters. The issue is that there is so much excess power that you barely even need to think about power anymore. Nearly everything under the softcap has so much excess power generation that it can use every single system now. That is the problem.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    How to fix this without deleting stuff in trash?

I can not pick up or remove anything. If you place an empty chest on the station it to will reject your stuff saying everything is over limit.

overload.jpg

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    After playing with it some, I agree that the curve of power should be adjusted at the same time. At first, I didnt really see the consequence, but after realizing that power generation was fully doubled, I dont think that's the answer. I think the soft cap SHOULD raise to 2mil, but that the curve should also be adjusted, thus actually giving MORE strength to smaller ships (since they would benefit the most from the sharp up-tick of the curve on the lower end) while not hindering larger ships (by allowing them a 2mil line before reactors) all while not making it so that medium-sized frigates can have massive overdrive cannons, while running cloak, without needing any power capacity, running purely on recharge.

Now that I understand the issue, I feel the best answer is in the curve, not JUST the softcap.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1449346118,1449345976][/DOUBLEPOST]
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Now You will be millionaire in 10 seconds after entering server (as long as this cost change applies to repairing derelic stations).
    I dont think this is how it worked to begin with, you couldnt repair a station for a mil before, station repair is based off of the block counts and cost of those blocks, in essence you "buy" them when you repair the station. This just allows a player to pick a station as a homebase right off the bat, if they chose to not purchase any other blocks. Or, they can buy blocks to make a ship (or factory blocks or whatever), then go to a planet to start a base.

Reactions: Deserea

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    After playing with it some, I agree that the curve of power should be adjusted at the same time. At first, I didnt really see the consequence, but after realizing that power generation was fully doubled, I dont think that's the answer. I think the soft cap SHOULD raise to 2mil, but that the curve should also be adjusted, thus actually giving MORE strength to smaller ships (since they would benefit the most from the sharp up-tick of the curve on the lower end) while not hindering larger ships (by allowing them a 2mil line before reactors) all while not making it so that medium-sized frigates can have massive overdrive cannons, while running cloak, without needing any power capacity, running purely on recharge.

Now that I understand the issue, I feel the best answer is in the curve, not JUST the softcap.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1449346118,1449345976][/DOUBLEPOST]

I dont think this is how it worked to begin with, you couldnt repair a station for a mil before, station repair is based off of the block counts and cost of those blocks, in essence you "buy" them when you repair the station. This just allows a player to pick a station as a homebase right off the bat, if they chose to not purchase any other blocks. Or, they can buy blocks to make a ship (or factory blocks or whatever), then go to a planet to start a base.
    Yep, thats why I suggested a different power growth modifier in the councils suggestion thread.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Well, I guess you're forced to build in a shipyard now even if godmode is on.

Sigh...
    If you have the ability to turn on G-mode then that means you can also turn on creative mode (infinite blocks).

Reaction score
    How to fix this without deleting stuff in trash?

I can not pick up or remove anything. If you place an empty chest on the station it to will reject your stuff saying everything is over limit.

View attachment 19242
    Build a new chest using the stash you have on your person. Link them to the main chest and have them pull ... say 10000 ... of something out each tick and it should empty the storage enough to manage it. You won't really be able to shift entire stacks, but using the storage pull system, you can reduce the counts enough. Also, you can right click on stacks and type in a value of items you want to move. You don't have to move a whole stack, so you can build a storage, put 25k in it, build another storage, etc.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thanks for the reply.

However a new chest can only hold 0.1 and i have 117000.0 on me so that wont work.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i cant because i cant pick up any blocks to begin with.

Deserea said:

You have to connect a bunch of the "Cargo Space" blocks to the new chest!

That would only work if those blocks had no mass.

He a solution let Cargo Space blocks have no weight at all.

WooHoo Hot Fix thanks a lot Schema! Fixed my inventory and stash 67.000 Cargo Space blocks needed XD

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    EDITED 10 mins afterwards: LOL - Apparently Schine thought the same and hotfix the implementation...

For anyone interested in managing the phasing in of the cargo system instead of the very restrictive implementation which is it now do the following;

Before doing any change, always back stuff up!!!

Shutdown your StarMade Standalone / Server
    Goto Drive:<Starmade root directory>\data\config on your PC or Server
    Open blockBehaviourConfig.xml in a plain text editor
    Find the text between tags <Cargo> and </Cargo> replace the text with

<Cargo>
    <BasicValues>
    <CapacityPerBlocMult>10000000.0</CapacityPerBlocMult> <!-- simple capacity per block added -->
    <CapacityPerGroupQuadratic>1.0</CapacityPerGroupQuadratic> <!-- determines group behavior. calculated: (groupsize*CapacityPerBlocMult) ^ CapacityPerGroupQuadratic -->
    <PercentageBledPerMinute>0.1</PercentageBledPerMinute> <!-- how much inventory is lost per minute if over capacity (must be between [0, 1]) -->

<InventoryBaseCapacity>10000000</InventoryBaseCapacity> <!-- base capacity for all block based inventories -->
    <PersonalInventoryBaseCapacity>20000000</PersonalInventoryBaseCapacity> <!-- base capacity for the personal player inventory-->
    <PersonalFactoryBaseCapacity>10000000</PersonalFactoryBaseCapacity> <!-- base inventory for the personal player factories -->
    </BasicValues>
    </Cargo>

Save file.
    Startup your StarMade Standalone / Server
    Play the game and find you can work with your inventory/storage without the headache!

This config text changes the cargo system capacity to allow you to have the capacity for millions of items in simple storage chests, personal inventories and factories, this is not meant to be a permanent change, merely a short term change to help give players time to work in the new cargo system easily without struggling from the outset with the capacity restrictions. Remember people the default sizes is 100 for the 10mil and 2000 for the 20mil. That means you are going to have to build HUGE numbers of cargo space blocks to hold any sizeable stock piles of items.

Once you have created the necessary infrastructure for your stockpiles be sure to switch the values back or you might find things going a bit crazy next patch day. :p

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    This update had some major additions and changes within it. This next two weeks is definitely going to be a lot of teething, a lot of testing and seeing what works and what needs improvement. There's a number of things newly affected, and so the next release in a fortnight will be primarily focused on implementing balance improvements across the board, ensuring cargo is running smoothly and the transition is continuing with ease.

A lot of citizens have different opinions on different aspects of the balance of the game: power, thrust, volume, capacity, etc. I would encourage you now is the perfect time to post in the Game Balance Suggestions thread in the Council forum.

Reactions: SkylordLuke