StarMade v0.19361 Flash Light, Ship Scores, On-Ship Spawning & Bugfixes

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Get well soon Schema! Great update. Love the flashlight and the Scoring.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    So should 16 barrels, 10 missile tubes each with 100% beam and explosive support still cost over 32mil power to fire? Because it does.
    Can you blueprint this weapon? My 200 missiles linked with 200 beams and 200 explosive effect and a total of 8 groups have the correct power consumption.
    noticed a few of these bugs aren't fixed like they are suppose to be and also some even worse ones have turned up.
    Can you name these you have noticed? We'll check it out again.
    So, what I'm reading from these changes to shield and power drain beams is that vampire ships may be viable?
    So, what I'm reading from these changes to shield and power drain beams is that vampire ships may be viable?
    Yep, that's the plan at least so any feedback is appreciated.
    Are ship scores visible to us or just a variable in the code and if its the former where are they, because i was looking forward to seeing how my ships stack up with each other
    It's a lua file located in the script folder => Starmade/data/script, it's the only lua file in there.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Can you blueprint this weapon? My 200 missiles linked with 200 beams and 200 explosive effect and a total of 8 groups have the correct power consumption.
    Actually it turns out this issue is due to the idiot behind the keyboard (me) thinking I had explosive effect when it was actually overdrive, 32mil power consumption makes more sense now although I haven't bothered doing the maths. I only just realised when I went to grab the blueprint, sorry about wasting your time. Less caffeine and more sleep required to avoid inserting foot in mouth next time I reckon.

Reactions: elantzb
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Has the pirate usage of blueprints been fixed? This bug is game breaking

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Nice as ever, and a big list of fixes what's always welcome too. :cool:

Get well soon, and don't rush, after all patience is a virtue. ;)

Greets,

Jan

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Can you name these you have noticed? We'll check it out again.
    • Turrets no longer aim at or anywhere near the direction of their target.
    • AMS Turrets still don't fire at missiles.
    • The lag storm of the executioner comes out whenever the AI turrets or otherwise tries to react to something.
    • Blueprints no longer load the AI settings for modules as active if they were saved as active.
    Still finding and adding to the list as I find them. I even started up a new world to check and these still happen.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Actually it turns out this issue is due to the idiot behind the keyboard (me) thinking I had explosive effect when it was actually overdrive, 32mil power consumption makes more sense now although I haven't bothered doing the maths. I only just realised when I went to grab the blueprint, sorry about wasting your time. Less caffeine and more sleep required to avoid inserting foot in mouth next time I reckon.
    Oh that's a relief. I tested that issue many times and was afraid I somehow messed up ^^
    [DOUBLEPOST=1438616436,1438616330][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Has the pirate usage of blueprints been fixed? This bug is game breaking
    The one where all blueprints in a new world are set to enemy usable? If you meant that one, there's a server option to disable that as default. Creating a new world will also ask you to import the permission settings of blueprints, if you deny it will use the default one.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The launcher was suposed to get out end of june ...
    Give it some time. Good things will come to those that wait. A rushed product is a poor one. Some other phrase that relates. Yadda Yadda.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    The default config for pirates using blueprints was turned from false to true, so server owners need to go back and sift through the massive blueprints catalog and manually turn each one off from spawning in the config. I think this issue popped up 2-3 weeks ago, maybe it was a month?...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    It's a lua file located in the script folder => Starmade/data/script, it's the only lua file in there.
    Nice, but can we actually see the score in game? Or is this purely server data?

The default config for pirates using blueprints was turned from false to true, so server owners need to go back and sift through the massive blueprints catalog and manually turn each one off from spawning in the config. I think this issue popped up 2-3 weeks ago, maybe it was a month?...
    I did have this problem last update, but I just created a new world (like I do every update) and the blueprints are all set properly for me. Is this just a problem with existing worlds?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    This will explain it better than I can.
    Thank you, I appreciate the link. How I missed the video, I just do not know. Looks awesome.

Unfortunately, that didn't help in any way.

It turns out that I have to spawn the ship, delete the blueprint, and then save a new blueprint to get the new scoring info to show. It isn't there by default and over-writing the old blueprint doesn't work. Now I'm going to have to go through and do this for each of the Isanths and my own blueprints as well.

FYI, this is a new made world. I always start over on updates.

Edit: What is that structure at 1:53? At first I thought it might be an updated advanced shop, but I have the same old spawn in my world.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thank you, I appreciate the link. How I missed the video, I just do not know. Looks awesome.

Unfortunately, that didn't help in any way.

It turns out that I have to spawn the ship, delete the blueprint, and then save a new blueprint to get the new scoring info to show. It isn't there by default and over-writing the old blueprint doesn't work. Now I'm going to have to go through and do this for each of the Isanths and my own blueprints as well.

FYI, this is a new made world. I always start over on updates.

Edit: What is that structure at 1:53? At first I thought it might be an updated advanced shop, but I have the same old spawn in my world.
    I have too experienced the bug where the score only works on newly saved blueprints. Hopefully this is fixed sometime. I am also not sure what that structure is but the game is in need of some new shops.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I have too experienced the bug where the score only works on newly saved blueprints.
    It is indeed annoying, but I personally do not consider it a bug. Blueprints are not modified when the game starts and loads them, but the scores are stored within them. As such, the old blueprints simply do not contain the scores, and thus the game cannot display them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It is indeed annoying, but I personally do not consider it a bug. Blueprints are not modified when the game starts and loads them, but the scores are stored within them. As such, the old blueprints simply do not contain the scores, and thus the game cannot display them.
    I suppose that makes sense. Perhaps some way we can get a way to auto update schematics either through the launcher, a in game thing, or through an external program. I think they will probably just end up doing it in game.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    BOOYAH DUDE!!! You finally added the ship-relative logout/save/spawn feature!

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    So should 16 barrels, 10 missile tubes each with 100% beam and explosive support still cost over 32mil power to fire? Because it does.
    Uh... Yeah. It should, Beam Cannons as a slaved system are supposed to be expensive.