StarMade v0.189996 Fixes & Balance

Discussion in 'Game News' started by schema, Mar 5, 2015.

1. schema

schema Cat God

• Like Like x 7
    2. Jay_do

Hehe I just saw you come online and I was like "Hmm wonder what he is up to. *looks at your profile* Huh he is looking at the news. *Goes and finds new news update*" Hurrah. I was also having that flickering issue on my laptop. Thankfully its fixed now. Thanks for the fix!

3. BlisAx

YAY Ice is no longer trees!

• Funny Funny x 1
    4. Drakkart

Thanks for fixing this stuff quickly

5. Crimson-Artist

Crimson-Artist Wiki Administrator

sry to be the bearer of bad news but when it comes to the area triggers we have the opposite problem now.

before they were invisible, now they're always visible. even with Tab+G

6. SmilingDemon

In Build Mode ? or in normal game mode ?
      What texture Pack ? What texture resolution ?

7. Crimson-Artist

Crimson-Artist Wiki Administrator

in build mode. for some reason they don't disappear when you Tab+G. flight mode and astronaut mode it appears to be invisible like normal.

8. aceface

thanks schema!

9. Dalmont

As an AMD user... thank you!

10. Ithirahad

Ithirahad Arana'Aethi

Thanks a lot for the fixes, Schema, but um, you might wanna fix your version numbers. "v0.189996" is... like, not okay. "0.1.8.9(b)" and the like would make a bit more sense. Release-Version-Number.Update-Number.Minor-Update-Number(hotfix letter). Or... something. You're the dev, not me... but I'm just saying.

(Also, dev version numbers don't have to be counted in with the release builds. That just makes things confusing.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. NITRON100

many thanks! 2015-03-05_00001.jpg
      and my station loaded up super quickly!!! C:

• Like Like x 1
    12. Calbiri

Changes to the version numbers are planned after this phase (as in, 0.1.1 should be next, if i have the system right, but dont quote me on the exact new version number :P )

• Like Like x 1
    13. Viridis00

I'll be switching over to an AMD card in a month or two, so thanks in advance for the fixes.

14. Gamel

always the problem of A card:mad:

15. aceface

i dont recommend it. i have an amd care (R9 280x) and i can never seem to get anywhere close to the framerate similar tiered nvidia cards get in starmade specifically.

16. Viridis00

I'll deal with it. Nvidia will never see another cent from me ever again. Have you downloaded Omega drivers? Benchmarks taken after the initial release of their cards are significantly higher than when they were first taken.

We'll see how well AMD's cards perform with HBM when their flagship card for the 300 series comes out. If it's as good as it's cracked out to be it will be overkill for starmade at 1080p or 1440p.

17. aceface

Yeah i mean i get 450 fps at spawn, and 100-150 when an 800 meter shell of a ship is loaded. So it still can do something.

18. Cornedo

Still have a problem with everything getting blacked out if I’m more then about 200m from it. And when I turn on lighten in advance build mode most everything still goes dark no matter how close I am. Enabling or disabling MultiDraw has no effect and if I turn on FramBuffers I get a message when I try to start the game saying: ‘FramBuffers are not supported on this Graphics Card. Framebuffers are used for effects like bloom.’
      Ex:
      starmade-screenshot-0000.jpg
      Though some objects stay lit when I turn on lighten: Tiger Area blocks, glass, metal grill, probebly anything that's partly see-through. Also Display modules.

Ex: starmade-scr0.png
      starmade-screenshot-0000.png

• Informative Informative x 1
    19. Saxopi

Judging from those black areas along the wedges and corners as well Imma have to assume it also has something to do with how the shaders are rendered. Try turning off shadows and tweak with renderdistance. It could also have something do do with your screen resolution. Try switching to your native screen resolution or lower.

20. Cornedo

Shadows aren't on.