StarMade v0.1721 More building options

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    When you're working in odd symmetry, a radius of any number simply doesn't work because that will always make an even symmetry.

Perhaps when the symmetry is set to odd, then it does the calculation of the sphere/circle around the centre block. So a sphere/circle with a radius of 3 in odd symmetry mode calculates as a diameter of 7.

The other way is that it doesn't use a radius, but diameter instead.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    nope, still right. The middle block doesn't get counted, and there are only three blocks outwards, so a radius of three. Very, very right indeed.

Reaction score
    nope, still right. The middle block doesn't get counted, and there are only three blocks outwards, so a radius of three. Very, very right indeed.
    No, there are very clearly not 3 blocks outwards, are we looking at the same picture?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, we are looking at the same picture. I even quoted it. You know that radius is from the center, right?

It could look a bit smoother though: there are a lot of random blocks everywhere.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The sphere guidelines are obviously not perfect, disregarding the fact that people are getting diameter and radius confused. I'm sure schema will fix everything soon. Now, for a geometry lesson.

A sphere with a with a radius of 3 cannot be done properly in odd symmetry, it has to be done in even symmetry. That sphere has a diameter of 6. It's point of symmetry is between the 3rd and the 4th blocks, OOO|OOO.

A sphere with a radius of 3.5 can be done in odd symmetry, and has a diameter of 7. It's point of symmetry is in the centre of the 4th block, OOOXOOO.

I would recommened the diameter being the main variable, with the corresponding radius shown nearby.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    No, there are very clearly not 3 blocks outwards, are we looking at the same picture?
    There are only three blocks going out from the center of that sphere. Bunny is right. Its the texture pack thats throwing you off. Four of those squares tile together on one block for the realistic texture pack. That sphere looks pretty much correct. Its not perfect, but its radius is correct.

Reaction score
    There are only three blocks going out from the center of that sphere. Bunny is right. Its the texture pack thats throwing you off. Four of those squares tile together on one block for the realistic texture pack. That sphere looks pretty much correct. Its not perfect, but its radius is correct.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

It was the texture pack, I see it now. Derp

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The radius is indeed 3 (not counting central block), but...
    The sphere guidelines are obviously not perfect
    ...which renders the whole feature unusable, at least for my standards.

Perhaps when the symmetry is set to odd, then it does the calculation of the sphere/circle around the centre block. So a sphere/circle with a radius of 3 in odd symmetry mode calculates as a diameter of 7.
    No, the diameter is always odd, not only in odd symmetry mode.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    The radius is indeed 3 (not counting central block), but...

...which renders the whole feature unusable, at least for my standards.

No, the diameter is always odd, not only in odd symmetry mode.
    err, what? you talking about maths or the ingame feature?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    It is a very new feature and it has some problems that need solving, but the same applies to every new feature. Be patient.[DOUBLEPOST=1412432568,1412432417][/DOUBLEPOST]
    err, what? you talking about maths or the ingame feature?
    The ingame feature. And it makes sense since it needs a point (block) of origin.
    As for maths, it is neither, or both.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Next hotfix deployed

I want to ask about the station contest, gonna see winners anytime or they will have to make another contest?