StarMade v0.1721 More building options

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes! New sorting in the shop=my idea was implemented! Not such a big deal though, it had to be done and if I was the one that caused it to change I'm fine with that, not going to boast or anything, just happy that the Id list that I'm creating will look neater.

So: Happy happy joy joy!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The build helper is really neat feature and definitely speeds up building shapes for which previously i used plotz, but sometimes there is so many ghost blocks it's hard to tell where should i place next block.
    My guess is that other players work similar as me, meaning we build row by row, so i think that adding tool to show only x row on the x/y/z axis of this ghost shape could unclutter the vision.

Or another suggestion, but less practical - the yellow box which shows us where the block would be placed could turn i.e. green if it matches position with the ghost block from build helper.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    A mod API? Now that sounds interesting... Just imagine how much gameplay experimentation will get done when players are free to put their crazy ideas to a proper test.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    A mod API? Now that sounds interesting... Just imagine how much gameplay experimentation will get done when players are free to put their crazy ideas to a proper test.
    It is very interesting indeed - it will allow people to easily access all sorts of things you'd normally have to know where find, but now it's all there in one place. A couple of functions I found:
    • Recipe editing, even refinery and micro assembler recipes. You seem to also be able to edit the appearance of the recipegraph.
    • Block properties, including but not limited to: textures, hp and armor values, appearance in shop.
    • Prices: the price for when you don't have dynamic prices enabled and the dynamic price of a certain block. Also price deviation can be edited.

Reaction score
    Great update, but I found a small thing.

Here you can see some antimissile turrets and they work great :D, with missile-cannon arrays.

But what is that? When using missile-beam combo the cannons fire ... well left, some 90° or so away from the missile.

Reaction score
    The build helper is really neat feature and definitely speeds up building shapes for which previously i used plotz, but sometimes there is so many ghost blocks it's hard to tell where should i place next block.
    My guess is that other players work similar as me, meaning we build row by row, so i think that adding tool to show only x row on the x/y/z axis of this ghost shape could unclutter the vision.

Or another suggestion, but less practical - the yellow box which shows us where the block would be placed could turn i.e. green if it matches position with the ghost block from build helper.
    Agreed, I'm using the build helper to construct half of a 60x50x200 Ellipsoid as the basis for the front end of my new ship, but there are so many blocks that each individual frame takes a real effort to see. It's an amazing tool, but the bigger you go the less useful it gets, at the moment for me it's only slightly faster than doing it by hand using plotz. Visuals definitely need work.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Circles! Ellipsoids! Space Donuts!

Edit: Wait, it just generates a grid and I still have to place the blocks manually???
    I made a Death Star just two days before this! D: What a waste of time it was, I looked more like a diamond. :P

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Circles! Ellipsoids! Space Donuts!

Edit: Wait, it just generates a grid and I still have to place the blocks manually???
    Any other way would be stupid-overpowered. Instantly placing giant 300x300x300 spherical walls around your ship, anyone?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I do think that it has to be clearer where the grid is. Eventually you'll just no longer what is the grid and what's not the grid.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Maybe we could limit the auto-placement to the size of your build area?
    Or, even better, we could have an option that, once enabled, prevents us from placing blocks anywhere that isn't in the grid.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    i think the auto fill must only be possible if we get a true creative mode where we have infinity blocks. but in sandbox it should stay as just a help hand drawing the ship

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It can be done with cubes.
    Yes, but they wouldn't be hollow and they'd be limited to a fairly small size unless the server had a crazy-high max ABM box size. If the Sphere Build Helper placed blocks instead of creating a guide framework, you could instantly erect a giant bubble around your ship if you were carrying a bunch of blocks around.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yes, but they wouldn't be hollow and they'd be limited to a fairly small size unless the server had a crazy-high max ABM box size. If the Sphere Build Helper placed blocks instead of creating a guide framework, you could instantly erect a giant bubble around your ship if you were carrying a bunch of blocks around.
    With the upcoming shipyards this won't be possible anymore.