StarMade v0.15997 released.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Thanks, I like the new default texture alot. Looks great!:D
    Also, I spent a good amount of time today watching a battle between forge monitors and the old Isanth IV's. Needless to say, the chunks coming off of both parties made me stick around and just watch for an additional 2 hours.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Oh god YESS!!! I've been waiting for these fixes for a long long long time! Finally my missile turrets won't mass suicide! Finally my turret lazorz won't eat up my own ship's shielding!

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Are the normal maps for the new Default textures still being worked on? They appear to be almost all blank (flat) in the distribution.
    Yup. Only hull's have a temporary normal map. The rest are still being worked on. The Default pack is slowly being updated step by step as new content is added. Flora, terrain, normals etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh god YESS!!! I've been waiting for these fixes for a long long long time! Finally my missile turrets won't mass suicide! Finally my turret lazorz won't eat up my own ship's shielding!
    I'm happy with that fix too now I can build a giant missile swarm turret and without worrying about more turrets getting destroyed. raiding pirates are going to die faster now

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    little itty bitty bits of ships now get blown off when i destroy them!

now if we had text formatting for display blocks so we can render bars instead of numbers for true HUDless play

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I keep getting this error right here when the game hits 100% on startup:

I've tried a multitude of settings, but I can't seem to so much as start the game.

System Info:
    CPU: Intel i5-4670k
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770
    RAM: 8GB (can't remember the maker)

Reactions: Ithirahad

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    please make it so that explosions that don't break the shields wont damage anything docked INSIDE the ship. It gets really annoying constantly replacing shuttles after a pirate attack -_-

Reactions: Ithirahad

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    I keep getting this error right here when the game hits 100% on startup:

I've tried a multitude of settings, but I can't seem to so much as start the game.

System Info:
    CPU: Intel i5-4670k
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770
    RAM: 8GB (can't remember the maker)
    Put "Use Array Textures" on OFF. You'll have to use the advanced options to see it appear. This should fix your problem. (Thank AndyP for finding the fix)

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Try turning on VBO mode, I recall seeing somewhere that it is now required

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    I have downloaded the new patch v0.159 and the first part of the launcher is working but not the second, what is happening!!!!
    I re downloaded it but it is still not working, I get to the first stage:
    but when I press start game it just doesn't work i don't know why or how, there is no crash report it just doesn't open up the second part.
    I am using a macbook pro if that is any help. does anyone have the same problem?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Wow, too many people getting errors, i suggest clean install.

Again 1000 points for Schine team, Kupu made the textures that got me crazy looking at then, Omni help with the blocks destruction effect. the tester help many bugs get smashed in the space.

i don't think i would like a game this much

Reaction score
    Is it just me, or are anti matter cannons (now cannons) not rapid fire like they used to? Even if it us just one block, it still fires the same speed. This is somewhat disappointing if it is supposed to be like this; if it's not, then I hope it gets fixed.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Is it just me, or are anti matter cannons (now cannons) rapid fire like they used to? Even if it us just one block, it still fires the same speed. This is somewhat disappointing if it is supposed to be like this; if it's not, then I hope it gets fixed.
    Use another amc as a secondary computer and you can increase the rate of fire to 10 shots per second.

Reaction score
    I had to turn off Debris every time i fired my scatter missiles at an enemy ship it would freeze up for ten seconds

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Wow, too many people getting errors, i suggest clean install.

Again 1000 points for Schine team, Kupu made the textures that got me crazy looking at then, Omni help with the blocks destruction effect. the tester help many bugs get smashed in the space.

i don't think i would like a game this much
    I re-downloaded the game and it still didn't work for me!!!

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I had to turn off Debris every time i fired my scatter missiles at an enemy ship it would freeze up for ten seconds
    Yes they place immense load on the client computer. Some optimizing needs to be done here.