StarMade v0.15997 released.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Is normal planet cores being indestructible and home planet cores being destructible bug fixed?
    EDIT: the home planet core being indestructible part was fixed

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    There was an inverted variable; that was fixed.

...Anyway. This stuff is really awesome... But erm, schema , what about the crafting? That's all in, right? Oh, and the particle system. When will that be properly implemented?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8

...Anyway. This stuff is really awesome... But erm, schema , what about the crafting? That's all in, right? Oh, and the particle system. When will that be properly implemented?
    I knew it.
    I always guessed that the value of destructibility was inverted.
    Seriously.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8

I knew it.
    I always guessed that the value of destructibility was inverted.
    Seriously.
    EDIT:
    Lag be trolllin

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    So much awesome in this one, I turned off the lights on my ship, and i genuinly went blind!

small suggestion for the new stats in display blocks, 2 new variables [power%] and [shield%] :)

Reaction score
    [...] Oh, and the particle system. When will that be properly implemented?
    Debris is only phase one of my evil and extensive plan to make things blow up. (Well, that was more Schema's magic with my help to make it possible.) When particles are implemented, my unholy crusade to cause satisfying explosions will truly begin. Mwahahahahah! >:3

Oh, right, you asked a question. Err, you'll have to ask Schema about that.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Debris is only phase one of my evil and extensive plan to make things blow up. (Well, that was more Schema's magic with my help to make it possible.) When particles are implemented, my unholy crusade to cause satisfying explosions will truly begin. Mwahahahahah! >:3

cant wait for that! :P i need them soo baaaad

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor

will you by any chance make sounds for the explosions? :3

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Yes, I am only the beginning of the wrath of dark lord Omni.

Reaction score
    will you by any chance make sounds for the explosions? :3
    We already have some sounds for use, but I may not be satisfied with their "punch". As I have some experience with audio editing, I will likely tweak and mix these sounds until I feel they're satisfying enough. So in other words, expect some satisfying and powerful explosion sounds. ;) Even though there's no sound in space, because physics isn't as important as awesome.

Yes, I am only the beginning of the wrath of dark lord Omni.
    Yes! Consider this worthless haphazard collection of mutilated metallic chunks to be the harbinger of my wrath!

...err, no offense. Ehh... hehehh... yeah... that kinda came out wrong. Don't worry. Know that I love you just the way you are. (Floating aimlessly through space as all that remains of my fallen enemies while I bounce you around with my ship for endless entertainment.)

Reaction score
    Am I the only one getting EXTREME lag from the destroyed block physics?
    (specifically when large missiles hit enemy ships)

*Edit#3*
    A fresh install of Starmade seems to have fixed performance issues

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Speaking of blowing things up, I just found a bug: was using an activator module on 4 disintegrators on an asteroid to test the break-off particles. When I activated them, the game crashed. Reported the bug. Here's a pic:

Reaction score
    Am I the only one getting EXTREME lag from the destroyed block physics?
    (specifically when large missiles hit enemy ships)

*Edit*
    Is there a way to disable the block destruction animations?
    The game is virtually unplayable with them (for me at least)

i too am getting extreme lag when ever destroying blocks. i have a fairly decent system so i deff should not be getting lag from this. it seems to be in the creation of the fragments. as once they are made my fps goes back to silk smooth and tons of fragments are floating all around me without any issues. but as soon as i fire my weapons and destroy more blocks i get serious lag until i stop shooting again.

Edit: i have to say tho this is an awesome update, those fragments are simply beautiful, makes everything feel more "Space" and hurray for the new lighting, simply awsome :)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I saw that you guys posted the bug with the missiles penetrating shields and killing players and turrets. Is it true? HAS IT BEEN FIXED?!?!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm liking the changes to lighting. Before, having a white room with white lights somewhat close together would make the walls blinding to look at. The way they are now, everything is illuminated without going overboard.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Are the normal maps for the new Default textures still being worked on? They appear to be almost all blank (flat) in the distribution.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The new textures are amasing. and the new light system i love. Nice work guys! I love this game. It is better and better every update. :)
    thanks for this game. :)

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Speaking of blowing things up, I just found a bug: was using an activator module on 4 disintegrators on an asteroid to test the break-off particles. When I activated them, the game crashed. Reported the bug. Here's a pic:
    I'll check this out and report it.