StarMade Ship Systems 2.0

Reaction score
    Yes, but if I have frontal part well armored and somewhere far beyond in space could be stabilizer part? My frontal par will protect my vulnerable stabilizers from frontal fire well :) Problem solved :)

Without having the shield, the armor won't protect it for too long. You see the same thing with floating turrets when the shields drop.
    [doublepost=1509742342,1509742246][/doublepost]
    What prevents me from scattering all my stabilizers as random blocks in space throughout the 3km cube of mostly empty space that comprises my ship, making it nearly impossible to hit them with weapons, and any hit will only result in that one block being removed?
    This is why I'm in favor of forcing the stabilizers to be conduit connected. Can't really scatter them too much if they are tied back to the ship

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    Without having the shield, the armor won't protect it for too long. You see the same thing with floating turrets when the shields drop.
    Bad explanation. I will build heavy shielded and armored HEAD with power reactor, I will add some plate as a physical shield in front of this HEAD and then I will build STABILIZER block 980m beyond this well protected HEAD. The frontal plate is shielded and will protect all of my ship from frontal fire ;)

Reaction score
    Bad explanation. I will build heavy shielded and armored HEAD with power reactor, I will add some plate as a physical shield in front of this HEAD and then I will build STABILIZER block 980m beyond this well protected HEAD. The frontal plate is shielded and will protect all of my ship from frontal fire ;)
    If you have something nearly 1km behind your armour plate:
    1. Turn rate will be horrible
    2. A small change in angle will expose it to fire (even ignoring vertical launch missiles and other ships)

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    If you have something nearly 1km behind your armour plate:
    1. Turn rate will be horrible
    2. A small change in angle will expose it to fire (even ignoring vertical launch missiles and other ships)
    AD1: U R right, but I can have soooooo much power like death star and I'm not going to dogfight with this. Planets dont move, stations don't move, titans hardly move. It's made for anihilating these objects of enemy's pride :)
    AD2: Let's say I will put 200x200m single block thick hull plate and other 10 layers will be made by shield blocks. My STABILIZER part is 1000m beyond (could be 2-3km also for extra more stabilizing effect :) ) 100m/1000m is around +/- 5,7 °, I think it's enought for protection from frontal fire from planet/station defense. If I will put two big missile turrets on my frontal part they wil ltake care about potencialy moving targets. And verticaly launched missiles don't have bigger range than my frontaly mounted horizontaly fired missile turrets, especiallity when they need to hit STABILIZER, which is 1km beyond my guns :)

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Floating parts far beyond the ship are extremely undesirable as a game feature. They should break off or be made unfeasible.

Requiring conduit connections with a distance-based penalty should succeed at making disconnected stabilizers unfeasible. At this point, you end up with an "ideal distance" rather than a "minimum distance." The GUI should assist in calculating this.