Starmade Ship Showcases

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Bench, keep up the good work, your vids are exactly what we need to promote the game: professionally done content in a good format showcasing the endless possibilities of a creative sandbox game StarMade is.

Reactions: Unnamed25

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hello Benchlet.
    Nice to see all this progressing; Now I have a burning question: How does one Submit a Thing?
    Just link me your ship and say you're submitting it. So pretty much exactly what you did, it's on the list now.

A month or so ago I submitted two ships: the Spartan fighter and the Dusk dropship. Have you received them? (I sent them to your YouTube account)
    I have a battle_station and spartan v1-1 from you jzimmerman4.

Out of interest bench, how do ships make the library\list? Is it everything submitted or is it a pick of the best of the submissions?
    Ships that are submitted with an actual file make it into the list (my spreadsheet), ships that are on servers are in a different part of the library (my folder system) but aren't on the list as I can't actually get in and do full showcases as I don't have access to stats without massive effort on my parts.

The ships that make it into the trailer will be the best out of the library.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    so im very excited for the next one to be made. the video quality is great.

Reaction score
    The graphics in these videos gives me the tingles. (In a good way)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Hey Bench, I am P3T3RSAM from youtube, anyway, I was thinking that it'd be neat if you could have a segment where you show a reference photo for replica ships, that way people would be able to see how much work went into getting details correct and evaluate the effectiveness of the creator's translation to starmade.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I just realized you have another video about a Frigate class called Evolution. Why is that not here?

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    forgot to post it, here we go

i sound super tired in this one

Reaction score
    Shall starmade live and prosper. Have I said that I love that game :D

Nice ships so far in the trailers.

Reaction score
    Hi Bench, have read the thread any Youtube page but can't seem to find a closing date for entry? Just trying to get my ship finished as best as possible before I submit so would be great to know how long I have left. Cheers

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I do believe that there is no closing date at the moment, and he'll announce it when hes thinking about recording the trailer.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    at the moment we're still waiting on the upcoming logic update to be included before starting to record for the trailer

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Good lord, how did I miss this thread xD

Well, I am glad that someone finally took my compilation on for use :) In case anyone wants to take a look at how it was back in the olden days, here's a link: http://oldsite.star-made.org/content/compilation-ship-classifications-date

I think it looks good the way you used it Bench :) A lot of people try to rigidly define the boundaries between ships to within a block - failing to understand the necessary overlap. This provides a more flexible approach to classification where ships can be just a little bit bigger or smaller than a ship 1 class higher or lower, while retaining their original purpose. And of course, nobody really bothered with civilian ships to begin with :S

Flexibility is key.

I hope people will base their ships on that to avoid the confusion of countless different systems for classification. Like a grand unified theory ^

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey Bench.

Im also assuming that waiting for the planets and factory system to be updated would be required before the trailer, as they have a large impact on how things look?

Might submit a ship at some point if I have the time.

Dont forget to let me know if you need any help.