Starmade Ship Showcases

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    looks good, definitely a unique approach to camera ships. Was planning on doing a similar release about how i shoot in StarMade. Would be cool to see all the different techniques

Reactions: Crimson-Artist

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Coincidentally, I built quite a similar camera ship for my first (real) Stamade video. Still have to edit and upload it though.

Reactions: Crimson-Artist
    Reaction score
    People should really get into a habit of forcing Supersampling for the javaw.exe (or java.exe) application, it would make their ship screenshots much much nicer with no jaggies what so ever.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    People should really get into a habit of forcing Supersampling for the javaw.exe (or java.exe) application, it would make their ship screenshots much much nicer with no jaggies what so ever.
    I would, but my computer is half toaster. :(

Reactions: Asvarduil
    Reaction score
    I went a little screenshot crazy, sorry. The only things that aren't self explanatory are the heat seeking missiles that launch vertically (look for the yellow hazard in Screenshot 5) and the red/green running lights that have a delayed alternation in the front. Both of these are controlled from my "Logic Room" shown in Screenshot 7 along with the covers for the ship's ID and the controls for both blast doors.

The name of this beast is one that follows the pattern I've started of using alternate spellings of crude words. Probably something that would get unwanted attention from a moderator, sorry.

OFW-Osirus

Owner of Orion Fleetworks
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9

lil somethin ive been working on, or should i say big ;p
    Gonna call her the OFW Betelgeuse. A slightly familiar face, dem BLT Engines, whole armada of Boop! ;p

Cheers,

Last edited:

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    have you given up on doing these ship showcases now Bench?
    He's not given up anything. He will just be releasing stuff a bit slower, if his latest video is any indication. He went on a fantastic vaction with his girlfiend, and came home with his fiancee.

Dude's getting married.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    I have a suggestion.
    Maybe you can add these cool ship class icons in the game so we can see at once what class the ship got.

For example at the ship spawn menu

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I have a suggestion.
    Maybe you can add these cool ship class icons in the game so we can see at once what class the ship got.

For example at the ship spawn menu
    They are using the current graphic to "classify" ships as they don't want to officially assign titles such as "corvette" and "battleship". Classifying ships is up to the player not the developers. Bench uses his own metrics for classifying ships for this series of videos.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can finally enjoy Starmade again! Been on an unwanted hiatus from it due to my CPU fan sounding like some sort of tiny chainsaw and no it wasn't broken, just old and loud. My i7's CPU stock fan was rather quiet but it kinda broke and started making whistling noise and the fan from an i5 was even worse with it's chainsaw like noise, drove me to the point I just didn't want to play anything that used too much of the CPU. But now that I have my new cooler and a few other new fans in my computer making the noise go down I can zen out building in Starmade.

Anyway here's how my latest doomsday seat looks like:

It's still kind of work in progress, my creations are never quite finished.

Reactions: Rumcajz