StarMade Prebuild 0.09442

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

another release cycle has started. Here is the new pre-build (up about 15 min after hits post):

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20131031_001804.zip

(as always: "dev" is username/passwd. The build will be installed to "play.star-made.org:4242". Server admins: please be careful with installing pre-builds on your live server as they can contain game breaking bugs)

This first pre-build has a lot of new features for admins and server management in general. Admins can now set their servers to require authentication (clients must use uplink to play on that server). Furthermore, admins can now manage white/back lists by star-made.org account. This will it make much easier to handle whitelists (since it's not dependend on one playerName) and make bans way more effective. Also, a history was added so admins can trace back player logins, and see what account the playername was associated to.

Also, players can now protect more then one playerName with their account. The amount of names than can be hold by one account is set in the server.cfg.

And lastly, asteroids can now be set to be full dynamic objects (they have the same physics as ships). This option is also set in the server.cfg for testing.

- added server config REQUIRE_STARMADE_AUTHENTICATION, to only allow clients that do an authentication
    - removed possible source of lag when new players log in
    - added ban/whitelist-by-starmade-account
    - added admin commands to manage banning whitelisting by account
    - added login backlog for players with time, ip, name, and starmade account (if authenticated)
    - added server.cfg option to define the size of the player login histroy back log
    - added admin command /player_info <name> to retrieve detailed information about a player (even if player is offline)
    - players may now protect multiple names on a server (amount cutomizable in server.cfg)
    - added admin commands /player_protect <playerName> <accountName> to manage playername protection from within the game
    - added admin commands /player_unprotect <playerName> to manage playername protection from within the game
    - implemented asteroid using dynamic physics (in server.cfg default of for testing)

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Awesome! Thanks for these additions, Schema. More server/admin management options are much appreciated.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sooo. Can an asteriod still be a faction home or even buildable on? With the physics there would be no one willing to spawn or build on them anymore.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Does asteroid using dynamic physic mean taht asteroids move now if you hit them with a ship with mass = or greater than the asteroid.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Schema will you add one new block a inv corner block .

New blocks need to start being added if you havent seen yet space engineers will most likely out do starmade due to graphics and physics also weapons once they activate them.

I do have another request found another user made a way to explain this but I wish there was an anchor http://imageshack.us/f/820/st03.png/

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I totally agree with what you\'re saying. Space engineers looks waaaay more attractive than starmade. The thing is...

I needed to play on extremely low graphics to get a playable framrate

There was nothing to do

There wan\'t any symmetry or anything aiding the building of ships

Starmade is so much more better, just the way it is...

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    now that asteroids can hav physics, can we get some launch able anchors to grab and drag things around? ships, stations, asteroids think of the possibilities

Reaction score
    If I could downvote your comment I would.

...User for ten hours... yet you are requesting a new block type. For shame that you don\'t have the guts to say that and show your real account,

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Please fix the Keyboard Assignment for the Free Ship Camera. I broke my hand if i give thrust and rotate the camera.

Please Fix the Admin Tool. You can provoke it self if you have it 5 minutes activate.

Reaction score
    Hi schema.

This is a really big nice lovely improvement <3 ;)

Thank you so much.

Cheers

Reaction score
    First of all, moving asteroids? I lik dis.

The anchors could be projected from an anchor block (similar to a beam based tool) and create either a rigid connection or a rigid rope connection. Rigid ropes would be cool, but a rigid connection might be better in terms of server lag as it would work similar to docking. But meh, I don\'t know too much of what would be best.

Reaction score
    Any ETA on when cloaking and jamming on servers will be fixed? I have lost 3 expensive ships this week alone due to cloaking and jamming randomly shutting off due to even minor client/server desyncs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Could you fix the /start_ship_ai so that it will set turrets to turrets instead of ships in the bobby? or make a new command like /start_turret_ai ? Either way this game is coming along beautifully.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    just shut up dumb guy, theres nothing wrong with suggesting :P Freedom of Speech!!!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    So if i was to turn on the dynamic astroids, would that affect astroids already generated and not just ones newly generated?