StarMade Prebuild 0.09434: Chain docking

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    For some odd reason, it seems like Schema is beginning to just add stuff that people want to the game finally!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I don\'t know what else to say but this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Reaction score
    Will you add in a new docking block that you can put anywhere or anyway, that it replaces having to have your core exposed to dock. So lets say you put this new block on top of your ship and you rotate it so you have a red marker which tells your what the right way is, you know like on the docking modules. Anyway once its on your ship you fire your docking beam and your ship will dock using the docking block as your anchor rather than your core to the docking module. It cant take alot of work to do that but I\'m not a person to do scripting so I dont know.

Reaction score
    My turrets on my faction killed me today 3 times they were changed to pirates some how the AI system seems really buggy

Reaction score
    use the green docking modual to dock your ship then the core does not have to be exposed red is for turrets and the core faces the ship so it is not really exposed

Reaction score
    Still leaves the ships core open doesnt matter what docking module it is you need to have the core exposed for it to link up with the docking modules, plus they only link to the bottom of the core if we had a docking block we could put it anywhere and could make sure the core is well protected.

Reaction score
    Still leaves the ships core open doesnt matter what docking module it is you need to have the core exposed for it to link up with the docking modules, plus they only link to the bottom of the core if we had a docking block we could put it anywhere and could make sure the core is well protected.

Reaction score
    No You dont have to leave the Core open to dock. I have a Pretty big ship and the Core is centered about 20 - 40 blocks minimum in each direction and i can dock perfectly. the only problem is that i fire the docking beam from the core, so i had to put a cockpit on the bottom of my ship so i can aim with the beam.

Reaction score
    i know, but having an axchor block so the core doesnt have to be exposed at all would be great as in better protected core and more precise placement of turret by placing an achor which determines the spot to dock.

Reaction score
    sweetmotherofgod, chain docking... the THING ive been waiting for!

Q tho, will turrets on ships docked still function as normal?

Reaction score
    Apparently, chain docking of turrets is still bugged/not implemented, but you can still add a turret to a turret by making a small, slab ship that docks to the turret (using a docking module NOT a turret module), and the slab ship has a turret.