StarMade Prebuild 0.09434: Chain docking

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

this version has a first test of chain docking. Get it here:

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20131020_124053.zip

(as always: "dev" is username/passwd. The build will be installed to "play.star-made.org:4242". Server admins: please be careful with installing pre-builds on your live server as they can contain game breaking bugs)

At the moment the length of chains allowed is 3. Simple tests work, but it has yet to be checked in a real multiplayer environment. One thing that isn't checked yet is the additional docking area needed if you dock with a ship that already has ships/turrets docked to it.

Thank you for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    ...what is chain-docking? is it docking multiple turrets at the same time?

Reaction score
    Chaind docking allow you to dock a ship with turrets or other ships docking on it.

Reaction score
    ALL HAIL HTE CODE GOD :D

no ,seriously, this is the best news ive heard/seen in ages.

thank you very much schema.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    cool, thanks. this would be usefull to first dock shields on your ship and then add turrets to them

Reaction score
    I like the new reinforced hull texture, although glass seems to be a bit broken. The texture is totally white at the moment.

So far chain docking has been behaving rather weirdly. I have a very large gantry with a frigate docked to it. Attempting to dock the frigate with turrets attached throws me a \'target not compatible\' option when attempting to dock (Gantry has more than enough room for frigate + turrets). If I jettison the turrets, I\'m then able to dock normally.

Attempting to dock the turrets works, but they get docked in mid-air above my station at weird angles. Really happy you\'ve started work on chain docking though! I\'ll play around with it and report back with different ships.

Reaction score
    I\'ve just noticed that the docking boxes on my ship aren\'t showing until I undock. Not sure if this is intentional, but it might be related to the odd docking positions on docked ships. Also just noticed that when undocking with a turret docked (in the odd position), the turret teleports back to where it should be on undock, but you\'re still prevented from redocking.

Also screenshot of odd docking positions if I was being unclear.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    as you can see the shops somtimes spawn with parts missing or with extra parts

and the mouse change is awkward maby ad the option to set what places and brakes in the options menu?

didnt get round to trying the docking yet as the above annoyed me so i have to change that

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Good to see a new update. I wonder though how\'s the process with changing the shields/AMC/hull/etc balance. For example, I know of some people not overly fond of tying rate of fire with damage. I also, personally would rather have energy costs per every additional block to be x+1/3x and connected cannon to go even higher so simply nothing but a really big and powerful ship would be able to sustain even decent sized cannon array.

Also, given how discussion about such things progresses, wouldn\'t it be better to have reddit discussions in threads? Except of \'liking\', it seems that both places work the same.

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Nice feature but outher things must have a higher priority

AI is broken. So we cant make good wepaontests. Factionbug when non faction attack an faction the faction set all outher factions to enemy and so on. Hotfix must be.

support youre tester !

Reaction score
    Did you update the test server yet schema? Nobody seems to be able to connect and the disconnect message isn\'t giving me any info on what\'s going on other than it\'s EOF Exception, and I\'m no coder.

Reaction score
    not too sure what you mean ai is broken my ai turrets accidentally killed 2 players cause for some reason they were auto labled as enemies I could not stop my turrets in time and they made quick work so the AI seems to be working I too am waiting for the test server to come back online

Reaction score
    the plex glass with the new texture pack now shows as a solid grey not transparent and yay for chain docking