StarMade Prebuild 0.09433

Reaction score
    You don\'t need a flying barn for ridiculousness with shotgun AMC. Just take a look here at a 9x9x9 cube of death: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SqIDboUPsc

mou

Reaction score
    thats how acm need to work, but maybe you should *2 damage per shot

Reaction score
    would like to see all amc get a slight nerf and a boost in shield regen during battle. Why the shield regen during battle? Because it worked before but was just hit to hard.

Would also like amc to scale differently. Making smaller ships weapons weaker because they can not group as many as a large ship even more so then it already is. Smaller ships or even corvette sized ships should not have such powerful guns on them. If your going to nerf massive ships, nerf the smaller ones too. Becuase right now, a melenium falcon can easily take out a deathstar. And thats just not realistic, Han solo never had the force only luke did.

Reaction score
    (sniff)... You lads have made me proud. I was just about to post a link to my topic here, but I see two of you already did.

(http://star-made.org/content/my-take-new-amc-system#comment-65231 in case somebody missed it)

This update, at least in it\'s current state would only make multi-line \"scattercannons\" yet again more effective compared to same mass single-line cannons (less damage / line = less reload penalty, while keeping a greater overall damage due to having several such lines.) and didn\'t actually do anything concerning the shields vs antimatter cannon balance.

Reaction score
    As they are right now, in the pre-release, it\'s not good. Right now, the highest DPS is a single unlinked AMC. So far, you\'ve only increased the efficiency of single blocks, because the damage still goes up at the same rate. So 3 single unlinked AMCs would be dealing more damage than 1 3-linked AMC. Now, that\'s even more so.

Reaction score
    Large numbers of factions on a server also cause an huge drop in fps from 200+ to 3 fps.

All I get in the log is

[FACTIONMANAGER] updated news on Client(41) for factionID 11708
    [FACTIONMANAGER] put relationship offer RelOffer[a=11771, b=11708, rel=NEUTRAL] on Client(41)
    [FACTIONMANAGER] Faction Offers Changed
    [PlayerFactionManager] reorganized offers in 0, out 0 on Client(41)
    [CLIENT][SHIELD] Ship[MOB_MOB-Stolen-YCM-Negotiator_1382138836687_0](54187) received power update: 14979 -> 16010
    [PlayerFactionManager] reorganized offers in 0, out 1 on Client(41)
    [PlayerFactionManager] reorganized offers in 0, out 2 on Client(41)
    [PlayerFactionManager] reorganized offers in 0, out 2 on Client(41)
    [PlayerFactionManager] reorganized offers in 0, out 3 on Client(41)

But nothing showing why fps should drop...

Reaction score
    Schema please take a look at this thread in reguards to AMC. It is creative, and could work out in the long run.

http://star-made.org/content/my-take-new-amc-system

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Tested the reload speed change with a fighter with checkerboarded AMCs which did 9300 DPS prior to this dev version. Fired on a HeldTech Briggadier (1638450 shield capacity) from directly above the core, so as little armor was in the way as possible, and recorded it to see how long it took to punch through the shields.

First thing to note was that the guns were firing about twice as fast as they did in all previous versions (including the last release).

Time to break the shields, punch through the armor, and overload the core: 93 seconds

Time it should have taken just to break the shields at 9300 DPS: 176 seconds

Time it took to break the armor: About 1 second

Estimated DPS (using 92 seconds): 17,809.24

So the deadliest configuration of AMCs becomes almost twice as deadly (and the game seemed to be struggling, too). Back to the drawing board?

Reaction score
    As Trafalgar has shown, lots of small AMCs are OP, and the balance change has made it worse. Ultimately, for balance purposes, small ships need to get more damage/second per block than large ships. So far, the solution has been to have AMCs scaling with a square root function, which works, making small amcs better. Unfortunately, large ships are using hundreds of small ship guns, which makes them OP.

The solution is to limit the number of separate amcs connected to a weapons computer. Whether the limit is 4, 8, 10, 50 doesn\'t really matter, but it has to be limited. I think Schema avoiding doing this because it will break most current ship designs, but the longer he waits, the more ships are built using the system that will eventually have to be changed, increasing the inconvenience for the players. Just bite the bullet and do it, then, you can start balancing properly.

Reaction score
    Just to make sure it gets heard, the ideas in this thread: http://star-made.org/content/my-take-new-amc-system

Please make them happen. Those changes would make AMC\'s way more fun and balanced.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    weapons computers being limited is a good idea shotgun arrays are overpowered. the dps of a gun of 100 blocks should always be greater than 100 individual blocks or else there\'s no point in building grouped blocks at all if all you\'re going to do is shot-gun everything to death.

Reaction score
    Check this thread out out. It should balance AMCs properly and I think it deserves testing. The system you\'re testing will probably just encourage more spamcannons.

http://star-made.org/content/my-take-new-amc-system

Reaction score
    That update caused my big ship\'s DPS to drop like 3 times, from 200000 dps to 70000. Are you sure this is what you want?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Just imagine something like this 10 times bigger...

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Shotgun ships got stronger now than ever before. Yes, I\'m talking about those lag machines with often thousands of single block AMCs on them. As in the shield/damage discussion, several comments were posted about their imbalance, and it still persists, actually became even worse

The number of groups connectable to a single computer needs to be limited, and limited strictly. While Thunderdome designs are fun to watch, their large-scale counterparts have no counterplay - only range, maybe. A limit must be made, because currently, that kind of design vastly outdamages any other.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    There were some discussions of generally curbing effectiveness of too many weapons linked together on reddit. I still believe that increasing severely power demand in relation to the demand of the last block and per every additional block would do it. As in, for example, 1 block takes 1 unit of power, 2 take 2.4, 3 take 3.9 etc.

Actually, rate of fire isn\'t as much of the issue as just how many such cannons can be installed and shot at once. By making it so damn expensive to shot that AMC arrays would be impossible for anything but the biggest of stations and ships, the problem is mitigated.

Details of all such ideas are on reddit so I\'ll just hope that Schema will just endure it and read all the stuff there, as dull and tiring it may be.

Reaction score
    After firing for too long your guns overheat and have to wait for them to cool.

Could be a stat value too: \"cooling time\"

BearishMushroom

Modshroom
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Can you maybe buff the scaling on pulsators. Small ones are quite effective but they are quite useless on a large scale.

BearishMushroom

Modshroom
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    After some testing I found that 40 pulsator blocks on the Z-axis gives a force of ~990N while 80 blocks on the Z-axis gives a force of ~1100N. That is a very small difference for doubling the size of the group.