StarMade Prebuild 0.09433

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    \"Basically the more damage a weapon does, the less more time it will take to reload.\"

Had me confused, had to look further down to understand. Other than that great work!

Reaction score
    That thread everyone is talking about....i like it. Could at least give it a shot!

mou

Reaction score
    very nice idea about restricting acm per computer, I love it

that would force players to use turrets on big ships (turrets needs to be improved to then)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    For a simple fix:

Looking ahead, limiting AMCs per computer would probably just result in ships with dozens of checkerboarded turrets, which are just as powerful (if placed well), so any solution would have to affect a ship and all its turrets at the same time.

Even then, it wouldn\'t affect someone who launches a dozen fighters with checkerboarded AMCs, so an alternative which might work in all cases would be some kind of linearly scaling decrease in AMC performance based on number of guns per weapon computer, such that no matter how you split up the AMCs into multiple turrets or ships, the performance would be degraded the same amount. Even then, it wouldn\'t address the whole problem (big guns are weak, they only hit one block, they don\'t penetrate, etc, in short they\'re vastly inferior to shotgun arrays).

For a more complex reworking, that thread could provide some inspiration.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i tend to weaponize my harvesters, making a honeycomb of salvage cannons and amc\'s that start out being 21^2 and 30+ deep. this type of system is made simply out of me being lazy. i am going to take my lazyness even farther with my Yes ship. 500^2 face made for eating planets whole, and i am adding amc\'s as spaces between the salvage cannons. lag is a side effect of me merely being a few sectors away, much less firing my array of 500^2 honey combed amc\'s. crashing is the new worry. i hope schema can figure out a way to fix this in some way... maybe only rez a few of the shots, but still show the damage. i think most of the lag is from the amc rounds, rather then just the damage per blocks. maybe only rez 20 or so shots per server, at a time.

Reaction score
    A very good point, I think perfectly accurate turrets are really OP at the moment, the accuracy should be reduced (not quite to the point it used to be at). As far as I can tell, bobby hits anything in range, and drills straight into the core. (Surely I\'m not the only one getting killed by turrets 3+ sectors away)

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    AI accuracy is at serveradmin\'s discretion. There is a line in the server.cfg AI_WEAPON_AIMING_ACCURACY, which is 10 at default (maximum accuracy) but can be lowered if you wanna bring back the old Stormtrooper AI (a.k.a \"can\'t hit anything further than 10 blocks away even if our lives depend on it\")

Reaction score
    That config option hasn\'t worked ever since it was created. AI is laser accurate no matter what value you put there.