StarMade Prebuild 0.093975: faction docking & more server options

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

The next prebuild is ready to be tested:

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20130917_173736.zip

(as always "dev" is username & password)

Faction Docking

Players can now dock ships that are not (yet) in their faction to a ship that is in that faction, as long as one pilot is a member of that faction. The faction of the dock ship will be automatically set to the faction of the mothership, without the use of a faction block. It will lose that faction status when it undocks and doesn't have a faction block however.

Navigation input

navigation input is now a lot more "dynamic" (for lack of a better word)

The folowing is now valid:

"input" -> (Result Sector)
    "1 2 3" -> (1, 2, 3)
    "-12 2 3" -> (-12, 2, 3)
    "-12 2 -343" -> (-12, 2, -343)
    "-012 2 -343" -> (-12, 2, -343)
    "012 2 -343" -> (12, 2, -343)
    "012, 2, -343" -> (12, 2, -343)
    "012, 2, -0343" -> (12, 2, -343)
    "012, . - 2, . -343" -> (12, -2, -343)
    "1.-2.33" -> (1, -2, 33)

Here is the full additional changelog:

- server cfg option for AI aiming accuracy
    - AI will no longer target entities in sectors that have the protected or peace flag
    - Server cfg option to prohibit local blueprint uploading
    - Improved the regular expression for navpoint input.
    - added faction docking

Furthermore I'm currently investigating the cause of this: http://star-made.org/content/server0overlappingbox-causing-extreme-lag-and-local-fps-drops

as it seems to happen on multiple servers and seriously impacts the fun to play I imagine

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    There is no way to deactivate the debug messages in the top right corner through server config, as of the prior update. This is annoying and also reveals locations of faction bases, which is never a good thing

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Still not updating until the turret docking returns to the old style. This new style completely destroys my project and it\'s nature. That\'s why I\'m sticking to the old version of the game.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I\'ll put in an option for the full release

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    have you tried deactivating docking area verification in the server.cfg of the new version (also available as admin command \'/ignore_docking_area true\'. You can see exactly wha the ship doesn\'t let you dock in the current docking settings. Maybe there is just a little difference and you can easily fix it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Kudus,

That\'s a very good update you\'ve have there. I\'ll try it later.

\"Server cfg option to prohibit local blueprint uploading\" Finally! I\'m not against it, but an option to turn it on and off is great.

@bigfootcz: The docking now works almost flawless. If you still have problems docking your turrets and ships that\'s because in the old system a bug allow you to dock ships/turrets bigger than the dock space. You can always use the command \"/ignore_docking_area true\" if you don\'t want to use enhancers.

Reaction score
    Hey Schema, are you planning to tweak missiles? Specifically make the KB ones actually not completely worthless if you have turrets on your ship please :>

Reaction score
    Oh, and also add a torpedo setting to the bobby AI, currently you can have 99% working torpedoes but they turn away 2m before they are about to ram the target, they\'re effectively KB missiles that doesnt target friendlys, would be nice considering they are a one time use every time you undock one as you need to build a new one and replace it.

Reaction score
    u need to release - fixed server shutdown freeze on machines without graphics (linux servers) this patch ASAP us linux servers are crashing constantly

Reaction score
    Possibly in the near future? I would really love to see this as soon as possible.

Reaction score
    One nice thing to fix would be the weapon/salvage-computers saving for slots they are placed. When i relog in game and enter my ship, all the weapon slots are empty. But if i \"shoot\" with empty slot it somehow assings all computers to some different slots.

Reaction score
    You aren\'t going to update a game in an Alpha state because stuff changed? Do you realize how silly that sounds?

Reaction score
    you know we always ask for chain docking. i think we should sit back, and wait for schema to add them at the right time. im thinking that schema is doing all this to prepare docking for a whole new level, so that normel docking is perfect and then upgrade it to chain docking, make it perfect and continue.

Reaction score
    oh and does the docking work on stations? my friend can hyjack ships easier if so, cause he docks, and then its easy to keep track without the gravity (hes on planet) messing it and shaking it up

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Could you have it where the port doesn\'t line up with the core if the box is big enough it should fit not just in line with the core beacause it causes a lot of clipping errors for me.

Reaction score
    Could you explain how the AI Accuracy config works?

The default is 10, which is pretty much 99% accuracy. I tried changing it to 1, and still no change. I\'ve tried value\'s 500, 5000, 0, 0.001, and -1. None of my changes seem to have any effects on the accuracy of the AI.

Am I using it right? Or is this currently a bug?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hey schema,

I understand posts like mine are annoying and even enraging, especially with all that hard work behind you and when you have to make compromises for the community itself which will satisfy one part and anger the other one. And I guess I\'m in the other part, so that\'s probably source of my disappointment.

I\'m not sure why you have decided to make these changes to the docking while it was working reasonably and logicaly. What about getting rid of the enhancers and docking areas completely and allowing every kind of ship/turret to dock? The only limit would be if you could physicaly fit the turret or ship in. Lots of us are building interior hangars, launch tubes and turret slits and the docking area is one of the most annoying things to get around while keeping the ship looking good.

Get inspiration here, keep the good work comming and make us all happy. The other part is begging you:

http://star-made.org/content/argument-better-docking-wif-pikchurrz

Sorry for my outrageing post, didn\'t meant to be that rude :(