StarMade Prebuild 0.093955: Docking area fix

Reaction score
    This is what he said:

This is still in alpha. Once in beta there will be a whole other release line with a series of test builds.

Thats doesnt mean he is going beta, he is just saying what to expect when the day it does comes. Also this is alpha, anything less and you would likely not be playing it right now as it would still be in its initial dev build being worked on in provate till deemed usalble to the public and that phase has passed. The only privacy is them working on new stuff and then releasing what they think is far enough along for the public to help bug test it in the form of an update.

Reaction score
    You\'re going to get people like that no matter what you say or do but they are a MINORITY, however they re a LOUD MINORITY, the rest of us follow what you\'re doing with respect and patience. So if you\'re asking us to not get mad at you, then we need to ask you to ignore the people who shot at you, because they represent a small but unnecceserilly loud part of your fandom. Anyway, thanks for the fix and good luck on the next batch.

Reaction score
    Wasn\'t talking about you, i was talking about the complainers and whatnot.

Reaction score
    That\'s true. The fact is, people who like things just use them. People who hate things hate them in comments.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well spoken and seconded!

For the record, After the last update I have rogue shuttles bouncing all over my carefully crafted docking bays, so if anybody should be complaining it\'s me.

Schema: don\'t let the bastards wear you down!

Haters: How about if I craft you a 1000x1 dockable scale finger?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    As far as i\'m concerned changing the size of the docks dosen\'t bother me. Yes, that ment all my hangars/docks/yards were virtually useless, but i see half the fun of the game in re-modeling what you build. You build something, and then what do u do? leave it? If its something like a station most defiently not, you add to it, change it, or in this case re-parts as there is a change in the game (and im sure it wont be the last change were things you build will have to be re_done). Its like playing lego as a kid :) One thing i would like to see changed is the oriantaton of the ships once docked, would be good to pick which way you want it to face, as in real life if you had pads all the way around a base then naturally most of the ships would be facing inwards/outwards, not all in the same direction. If the ship would just dock to \'best-fit\' then that would be good, i.e the ship would oriantate itself so its length would line up with the longest side of the dock you have built.

Sorry for being so long winded, wasn\'t ment to be :) thanks

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Please Schema I was never angry about this. When I saw the change I was quick to start rebuilding my ships to make use of the space. I love rebuilding the ships when things change so even though this was a bug, I would have lived just fine with the larger areas.

Alpha is Alpha and we should expecct things to change as time moves on :D

It\'s a truly great game and I had a great time trying to figure out what was going on! thanks for posting about this so quick! and damn 14 hours straight I should buy you Pizza/beeer sometime!!

MushroomFleet

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    And I wanna say, NO, I don\'t wanna this update. I liked that bugged as it is now, because its better for me. Because it\'s not blocked I can make better protected turret docking ports by surrounding them with hardened hull. Maybe it\'s a bug but really nice and useful bug. So, don\'t you dare Shema updating to this one! :P At least leave that feature/bug with not blocked turret docking areas in this one.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don\'t see how people can be outraged, this game is brilliant. I can\'t wait to see it reach beta.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    The fact that you can\'t dock ships or turrets on the sides or bottoms of ships or stations is A-okay with you?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    ... is amazing! Especially because it\'s still in alpha. I\'ve tried my hand in programming and website design, and sometimes things just don\'t work. And then you rewrite the code from scratch and something completely different happens, still not as intended. It\'s a tough job programming, and you\'re doing a better job of it than any of us could ask for.

I\'m sure people that are complaining have the best intentions at heart - to let you know that something isn\'t working properly - so that you know to fix it in the future. It\'s just they do it in a way that isn\'t very helpful, and doesn\'t make you (the developer) feel very good. And shame on them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    What are you talking about, everything works fine for me. Maybe you should update first to latest version...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Who cares about plex lifters... He should try gravitational lifter :P

Reaction score
    Hey schema, keep up the great work, don\'t let the spoilt brats who expect everything from you get you down, they are probably just 10 year olds who are used to getting thier way. Those of us who have been around a bit longer understand the process, and are continually blown away by your skill and perseverence in making this game for everybody\'s enjoyment.

Cheers mate! And thank you so much!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Bet it\'s a bunch of the people who play it for free that are complaining... Ignore them I \"bought\" the game and find it very fun. Thanks for all you do and the people who are complaining should just be glad you allow them to play it for free...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Excuse me? But as far as I know, there are no \"devs\". Just 1 man trying his best to make this game as best it can be.

Is \"DDG\" a programmer? Does he work tirelessly as the only perosn that develops a game that thousands of people play? And furthermore, does his views represent all 250k of his subs?

Schema is an absolute workhorse. The stuff he does for this game is absolutely amazing, he\'s a one man army. People don\'t give him enough credit.

Reaction score
    Yeah I was trying to get some docking ports hooked up into my new Frigate yesterday and lets just say I got pretty pissed because the docking ports were all messed up and nothing would dock properly, and things that were the correct size would not dock.

Either way the game is still awesome! And good luck with this release and any releases in the future!