StarMade Prebuild 0.093955: Docking area fix

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello,

Despite belief and outrage of some I have no intention to change the docking system. The change you are experiencing is due to a bug that would display the wrong docking as well as put the projected docking position to the wrong position. I worked 14 hours straight on the docking and made the mistake to directly release it. I'm sorry about that, but please: people need to calm down when stuff like that happens. It almost makes me feel like some of you think I'm breaking the game on purpose, so I'm a little agitated at the moment. Thanks to all of those who give constructive bug reports, and test the game.

This is still in alpha. Once in beta there will be a whole other release line with a series of test builds.

I hope the docking size is now back to normal. I compared it to an older build.

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20130912_133004.zip

(as always "dev" is both username and pass)

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Also, docking areas are quite offset, so it\'s still not possible to dock...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Always amazed about people that get irate about something that is a. in an alpha testing status and b. free to use right now.

This bug made the mini carrier I\'ve been working on for awhile essentally worthless. i just shrugged, thought to myself \"I bet that is a mistake\" and went and worked on a different ship after making sure others had reported the bug.

So to everyone else: chill

To Schema: Haters gonna hate, just keep doing what your doing and don\'t get discouraged.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey schema, is it supposed for default docking area (with no enhancers) only accept 3x3x3 size ships?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can dock ship with 3x4x3, if the plus \"Y\" layer is under de core, not above.

This works:

HHH

HXH

HHH

This too:

HHH

HXH

HHH

HHH

This don\'t work:

HHH

HHH

HXH

HHH

H=hull and X=core

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It seems that the biggest ship size for a default docking space is 4x4x4, with the core offcenter, but only works in one direction though.

Reaction score
    I hope you will release this update as fast as possible, as the game is barely playable in current one due to the docking bug.

Reaction score
    I mean that after updating, each and every ship that had turrets attached to it becomes unusable, as there is no turrets on it anymore. And as far as i know, lots of people use turrets on their ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    But lack of turrents hardly makes it barely playable. Park your turret ship, grab a fighter and go knock over some pirate bases.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Sorry, I can\'t really do much with \"it\'s not working\". What exactly is the problem?

Reaction score
    but its still in engine testing how can you be advancing to beta if this isn\'t in alfa yet?

Reaction score
    The problem is i buyed a blueprint saved in previous version(\"next one\") and all the turrets unattached and cant attach back. I tried making docking area larger but they say the docking area is still to small. I tried same blueprint in 0.09395 and it still had 2 turrets attached but now all of them are out. As i said, all the turrets worked prior to 0.09395.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Turret docking is a little different, in that there can be no blocks below the core. Are there any cubes below the core? my turrents had a \"skirt\" below the core, and would not redock in the newest version until I removed those blocks

Reaction score
    Nope same problem. However i successfuly docked one turret on a dramaticly oversized dock this way. Normally sized docks(which worked before 0.09395) don\'t work, a well as a bit oversized ones.

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Your doing great schema, don\'t let them pull you down. Your doing your best, some of us believe in your work and will keep helping out in testing.

MORE POWER SCHEMA!