Starmade NOPE Moments

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Working on a logic gun to fire missiles really fast during an autosave and suddenly everything in the viscinity starts loosing chunks really fast like a wave of nothingness is passing through the sector, cue "Aww hell no!"
    lol never seen that happen. XD

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I made an entity for bug testing and after shooting at it I found out that the thievish "trade" guild took over ownership of said entity. A squadron of Isanths spawned next to the nearby shop station to "punish" me. They damaged several of my ships before I could delete them. Judging from the damage one of them must have even spawned inside my mostly hollow titan. So much about not having to constantly save stuff in the "safe" zone around a shop. Now I have a WIP titan that received an unknown amount of damage in unknown places (too low damage isn't visible) without a way to reliably repair it, and I have no idea what exactly I changed since the last save.

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    starmade-screenshot-0247.png
    with collision damage turned on.

the next second, I had to reinstall the game.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    Refitting my Republic Frigate for some better capabilities, I decided to test the unsaved, new, improved version on a newly spawned version of the same ship (Without my cool new changes). Please note that the ship DOES NOT have a BOBBY AI in it, except for the five different turrets. So I should've been safe. I started firing, pleased with the shield damage I was capable of doing. It then proceeded to turn and engage.

I finished the battle, but by the end had gained multiple deep penetrations from the opposing ship's cannon, and a missile crater in the salon pod.

I checked out the damage, thought of the effort required to fix it, and went "Nope."

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I was building a little anti drone turret in a beautiful nebula sector. I went into flight mode to switch into the turret base, but instead I accidentally undocked the barrel. The game froze for a few seconds, and when it unfroze, I was in the barrel in pitch black space. I wasn't sure what was going on until I looked at my speed: 2,147,483,648 m/s.

I turned around to try to find the turret base. It was several hundred million km away and growing. I was going so fast (a thousand times faster than the speed of light) that I actually clipped through the sector boundary - I hadn't actually left the sector despite being so far from it.

Needless to say, I lost that turret barrel. The base, miraculously, only moved about 100m, and everything else in that sector was fine.

So, what I'm trying to say is, if you need to get somewhere fast, hit me up.

Reaction score
    And you, Mon, have officially become the first person to experience truly FTL in Starmade!

Congratulations!!!

Reactions: jontyfreack
    Reaction score
    While Madman was testing his new and improved Frigate on an old version, I was refitting one with a far more efficient internal layout.
    Shields - uninstalled.
    Weapons - cannon barely fires, missile - NOPE.
    Same Faction as Mad (LAN server).

Dangit, Mad.

Drives: Installed and freakin OPERATIONAL!
    Response: RUN FOR IITTTTT.
    See, I went and helped him fire on the killing machine we had built. Unfortunately, it packs more punch than I planned. Mad's shields drop, he runs. I say alright, I'll do it myself .... mwahahaha... oh crap I DON'T HAVE SHIELDS!
    Fire the missile, fire the missile ,fire the ... POWER FAILURE???!?!?!?!
    I managed to escape with just one cannon hit on myself.
    Needless to say, we returned and fragged that thing later.
    However, said cannon round penetrated 5 blocks standard armor in a row, before eliminating approximately 24-36 (depends, there were SOME empty spaces; I had not finished using space-fill 10x10x10 cubes of shield stuff) reactors, capacitors, and shield blocks and leaving two more damaged. Yeah. Killing machine. This AFTER finishing shields.
    But in the middle here... Mad runs, and I'm taking hull damage... NOPE! I'm outta here!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1459787214,1459786936][/DOUBLEPOST]And another one:
    Building a new heavy cruiser/battleship, approximately 2/3 hull done, about 45K blocks and 7600 mass or something like that.
    No power, no drives, no modules of any kind.
    The star shifts out of line, so I decide "Let's move this thing around a bit". So.... my Republic Frigate model contains 48K blocks and masses a heck of a lot more than the heavy cruiser. This ship rolls fast, knocks the frigate around, bats a small gunship like a toy, and throws several small fighters a good way. Unpowered, stupid big hulk hits 48 m/s with no drive. So.... genius idea time: Let's take the frigate and CATCH IT. Madman attempts to do so (building together on LAN server) ... and this results in the thing gaining MORE velocity in the OTHER direction!
    NOPE!
    Add thrusters, power regen... more power regen... more thrusters... 1m/s/s acceleration... Several minutes later we resume construction on a newly positioned hull. Lol.

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    so a little while ago I decided to have a look at this ship I had just built. starmade-screenshot-0152.png
    I didn't expect it to look like this.
    safe to say, the trousers I was wearing have been burnt, and my house should be safe to live in now.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    Measure hallway lengths re; consistent light spacing.
    All prime numbers.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Long ago, explosion damage could penetrate surfaces. So if you were inside a faction base and a missile hit the ceiling directly over your head, you'd take damage because you were in the explosion radius.

So, long ago, early in my Starmade carrer, I had had great luck in farming pirates with heatseekers (missile/missile), so I thought to myself "Self, you should put heatseeker turrets on your base!" I thought this was a great idea, so I put half a dozen on there, each with something like 6 tubes each.

So I'm working on something, when pirates pop up on the radar. "Ha ha, I'm prepared for you this time!" I thought and went out to watch the carnage. I saw my turrets turn, fire, and then about half way to the pirate they turned around and came right back at the base. And me. I went boom.

Respawned, tried to reach the turrets, no dice, the only place in the station that was far enough from the outside (it was a small station) was the build block, if I went very far from it, the heatseekers pelting my invincible faction home simply penetrated the hull and killed me inside it.

Panicking, and still somewhat new, I got the bright idea to try and delete the turrets. Of course, being in the station build block, all I managed to do was delete the docking block as the turrets then floated off into space, still spinning and firing at the pirate that stayed just outside of range, presumably laughing his AI ass off.

I tried zerging out to the turrets and disabling their AI's, but somehow they kept firing.

Finally had to call for help and have someone with lots of shields come blow all of my turrets off the face of the universe just so I could walk to my own ships.

Lesson learned, never build Missile/Missile turrets. Ever.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Chilling in astronaut mode around a spawn shop, minding my own business, counting my fancy new blowtorches.
    Next minute, my astronaut is moving... fast... away from spawn, gravity is suddenly applied and I find myself taking dmg while floating through the void away from safety at 400m/s. Before I die my surroundings suddenly change.

I have been abducted via public permissioned transporters into an auto gravity cell full of lava. On a cloaker. :(
    New ideas were had that day.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1460103921,1460102867][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Long ago, explosion damage could penetrate surfaces. So if you were inside a faction base and a missile hit the ceiling directly over your head, you'd take damage because you were in the explosion radius.

So, long ago, early in my Starmade carrer, I had had great luck in farming pirates with heatseekers (missile/missile), so I thought to myself "Self, you should put heatseeker turrets on your base!" I thought this was a great idea, so I put half a dozen on there, each with something like 6 tubes each.

So I'm working on something, when pirates pop up on the radar. "Ha ha, I'm prepared for you this time!" I thought and went out to watch the carnage. I saw my turrets turn, fire, and then about half way to the pirate they turned around and came right back at the base. And me. I went boom.

Respawned, tried to reach the turrets, no dice, the only place in the station that was far enough from the outside (it was a small station) was the build block, if I went very far from it, the heatseekers pelting my invincible faction home simply penetrated the hull and killed me inside it.

Panicking, and still somewhat new, I got the bright idea to try and delete the turrets. Of course, being in the station build block, all I managed to do was delete the docking block as the turrets then floated off into space, still spinning and firing at the pirate that stayed just outside of range, presumably laughing his AI ass off.

I tried zerging out to the turrets and disabling their AI's, but somehow they kept firing.

Finally had to call for help and have someone with lots of shields come blow all of my turrets off the face of the universe just so I could walk to my own ships.

Lesson learned, never build Missile/Missile turrets. Ever.
    Kek, bought a nice looking drone BP when i played on SS, spawned it in at homebase and had a good look around at it... only to find it was a missile/missile drone... for H O M E B A S E D E F E N C E. Not seconds after the designer was killed, you can imagine by what.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    Man I gotta spend the time and learn to work all the new stuff soon.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Chilling in astronaut mode around a spawn shop, minding my own business, counting my fancy new blowtorches.
    Next minute, my astronaut is moving... fast... away from spawn, gravity is suddenly applied and I find myself taking dmg while floating through the void away from safety at 400m/s. Before I die my surroundings suddenly change.

I have been abducted via public permissioned transporters into an auto gravity cell full of lava. On a cloaker. :(
    New ideas were had that day.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1460103921,1460102867][/DOUBLEPOST]

Kek, bought a nice looking drone BP when i played on SS, spawned it in at homebase and had a good look around at it... only to find it was a missile/missile drone... for H O M E B A S E D E F E N C E. Not seconds after the designer was killed, you can imagine by what.

Why would you kill caught astronauts with lava? That's dumb.