Starmade Logic Tutorials

Reaction score
    Bench, I want to make a pulse pattern - like 0.5on, 0.5off, 0.5on, 1.5 off. So, PULSEPULSEwait PULSEPULSEwait PULSEPULSEwait. I'm thinking something like:
    activation module->and1->or1->delay#1->activation module2(light)->not->delay#2->activationmodule3(light)->not->delay#3->delay#4->delay#5->and1+or1

Thoughts?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So, if I understand correctly, all of your salvage beams empty into one storage module. Once they're in the one storage, you filter into the individual ones? I didn't realize you could set the filter on the receiving storage module.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Salvage empties into 6 storage to ensure enough capacity, then the other storage in sorting room filter blocks from those 6

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Bench, I want to make a pulse pattern - like 0.5on, 0.5off, 0.5on, 1.5 off. So, PULSEPULSEwait PULSEPULSEwait PULSEPULSEwait. I'm thinking something like:
    activation module->and1->or1->delay#1->activation module2(light)->not->delay#2->activationmodule3(light)->not->delay#3->delay#4->delay#5->and1+or1

Thoughts?
    Like this

~ShinNoir

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    @Bench , ive made a simpler and much easier to design Gravity lift
    It only comprises of 2 circuits
    I even made a video tutorial on how to do it!

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    @Bench , ive made a simpler and much easier to design Gravity lift
    It only comprises of 2 circuits
    I even made a video tutorial on how to do it!
    Not bad man, that definitely works for simple gravity lifts. Nice work! Mine has the few extra things like buttons for each as well as plexdoor on both top and bottom of the tube so i needed the extra circuits, but if people are looking for something really easy to implement for a ship then definitely check out Crimson-Artist's

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Not bad man, that definitely works for simple gravity lifts. Nice work! Mine has the few extra things like buttons for each as well as plexdoor on both top and bottom of the tube so i needed the extra circuits, but if people are looking for something really easy to implement for a ship then definitely check out Crimson-Artist's
    thanks. i actually wanted to make a tutorial for ppl who just want an elevator but were a little intimidated with the amount of logic required in your video. this way they can get the same effect but in a simple and straight forward way.

the next video that I'm going to work on is advanced gravity tubes. things like omni directional movement and/or multi floor elevators

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    thanks. i actually wanted to make a tutorial for ppl who just want an elevator but were a little intimidated with the amount of logic required in your video. this way they can get the same effect but in a simple and straight forward way.

the next video that I'm going to work on is advanced gravity tubes. things like omni directional movement and/or multi floor elevators
    Awesome, yeah that's why there a little bit more logic as well, to allow for both directions in the lift in light of the double plex door as well.

Multifloor is interesting, been trying to mull that one over. Looking forward to seeing your solution.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    if it gets pulled out and works fine then ace, it was to keep the circuits clean when i was initially building, i didn't trial afterwards for without them

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Awesome, yeah that's why there a little bit more logic as well, to allow for both directions in the lift in light of the double plex door as well.

Multifloor is interesting, been trying to mull that one over. Looking forward to seeing your solution.
    tried some tests.

looks like my idea for multi floor elevators is a bust. at least from a game mechanic stand point. As far as i know there is no way to switch area trigger controller on and off with the flip of a switch.

gravity orienting circuits only seem to work when it through a direct input (a button push or walking through a area trigger). Turns out you can't force gravity through additional inputs like putting a change in gravity at the end of a circuit.

Until this gets changed then i'll have to go with my original idea. just made two elevator tubes, right next to one another. one for going up and one for going down

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    tried some tests.

looks like my idea for multi floor elevators is a bust. at least from a game mechanic stand point. As far as i know there is no way to switch area trigger controller on and off with the flip of a switch.

gravity orienting circuits only seem to work when it through a direct input (a button push or walking through a area trigger). Turns out you can't force gravity through additional inputs like putting a change in gravity at the end of a circuit.

Until this gets changed then i'll have to go with my original idea. just made two elevator tubes, right next to one another. one for going up and one for going down
    Yeah that's why i've done the separate elevators for each floor, just alternating sides. Schema and I have been trying to come up with solution as the gravity on delay prevention is due to a couple different game mechanics and performance things that were put in place. Will work it out ;)

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Yeah that's why i've done the separate elevators for each floor, just alternating sides. Schema and I have been trying to come up with solution as the gravity on delay prevention is due to a couple different game mechanics and performance things that were put in place. Will work it out ;)
    Just finished building one so will be putting up the tutorial for it soon as well as module releases for it

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6

This little module makes multi-floor elevators easy! Showcase and release tomorrow

Reactions: Crimson-Artist
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey, I have watched your logic tutorials with great interest.
    Have you found a way to delay a launch of a missile or firing of a cannon to create a constant stream of projectiles instead of both barrels on two-barreled turret going off at the same time?

I have been experimenting with logic blocks and I have yet to succeed in making the cannons not fire simultaneously.

Last edited: