StarMade Lighting Sphere Tournament 24h Live Stream 3 hours from this post

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    But it\'s not as well optimized and it\'s kind of confusing :S Looks like I have no space game to play now.

Reaction score
    I started to play Starbound while waiting for this update. My server is boring and empty right now since everyone is waiting on an update. We are bored, we need more content! NOW... please

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Though the optimization will bea very nice feature - maybe then I can put 2 capitals next to one another and still get 60 fps ^^

Reaction score
    /\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\

Reaction score
    While y\'all are waiting you can play these:

http://procatinator.com/

http://weavesilk.com/

Reaction score
    Schema, we have been waiting a long time. I know its the holidays, but i really would like a prebuild or something before i leave back to sweden...[instert cute puppy with \"plz\" capation] i leave in around a week

Reaction score
    Thats what i love about space engineers. The developers actually Actively interact with the community. Although space engineers aint at all better than starmade ATM.

Reaction score
    Back when I first got this game Schema was active with the community. We would get updates and info all the time, once prebuilds came out, it was faster and easier for Schema to fix things and release builds faster.

But now I fear the worst. I fear Schema may have sold out to a company or something. And this \"company\" must be forcing Schema not to release any build because of some \"bullshit Reason\"

Schema, Dont listen to your corporate overlords. Give us some kind of release date, or prebuild. All I know is that I am not the only one getting bored and looking at other games for entertainment at this point.

Reaction score
    Then could we have some info on the NPCs or even a buggy prebuild? Even the slightest thing to keep the hype from dying.

Reaction score
    Or maybe the guy is just hungover. If you ask me, he has more than a good reason to get drunk.

Maybe he woke up in the Temple of Dibella married to a Hagraven...Still have patience ladies and gentlemen I doubt EA or Google has bought this game (Want to unlock the salvage block? £4.99 please. Want to enable multiplayer chat? Link up with your Google+ Account today!)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Everyone needs to calm down just a bit. It\'s true that Schema previously released pre-builds in quick succession, and I understand that it\'s boring having to wait -weeks- at a time for updates. But this is one man. And programming is a labor of love. It\'s intense and long just to crank out simple things. And it\'s christmas season, and he was sick as well as working on much heavier features/mechanics lately. Not to mention it\'s currently free.

If anything all this talk about \'other games\' and \'get back to work\' is dismaying and discouraging to him. So shut up.

Reaction score
    BECAUSE I\'M A PRINCESS AND PRINCESSES GET WHAT THEY WANT.

And after this update I *WANT* a new pony! Now!

Reaction score
    I agree with you, we should wait for it as long as we have to, but shouldn\'t we atleast have some more frequent dev news or sneak peeks?

Reaction score
    *reads comments*

...Wow, you guys are a fickle bunch, haha. Well, those who speak out in anger are simply the ones that have anger to speak out. I imagine much of the community is more patient, though that bit of a communication blackout from us was indeed unusual and I can\'t blame people for getting concerned. (Especially with so many other alpha games wisping away into vapor when the dedication of the developers runs dry. Thankfully, that will not be StarMade\'s future.)

Relax, everyone. Schema was with his family for the holidays. I\'ll make sure to poke him about telling the community when he\'s going to vanish, but development will continue as normal now that the holidays are over. I had personally hoped to release an update right before Christmas, but this update proved to be a lot bigger than expected and created a slew of bugs, which - as Schema mentioned above - rendered the game unplayable until they are fixed. It\'s just all part of the development process, though I regret it resulted in such a delay.

On a related note, I had been thinking about opening up a personal Twitter account where I could keep people updated on progress related to the models, animation and art of StarMade, as well as simply communicate with the community a bit more officially. This would have prevented the communications blackout as I could have maintained a constant presence and kept a stream of little sneak peeks of what\'s in the works. Do you think it would be a good idea?