StarMade Lighting Sphere Tournament 24h Live Stream 3 hours from this post

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello StarMade players,

come watch or join join the Lighting Sphere tournament 3 hours from now (starting 8AM mountain time) at http://www.twitch.tv/muzzledelk

Hosted by Muzzle & Yelby

Prize: 50$ In Steam Games or Amazon

The Lightning Sphere in a nutshell

The lightning sphere in its most basic state is a gladiatorial arena made of glass in space, built in starmade.

Two fighters have three minutes to build their ships in a 9x9x9 box before being let out to kill each other.

The rules

Fighters may build in any fashion they wish within the 3 minute build timer, but they may not use shields, disintegrators, cloaking, radar jamming, guided missiles, faction modules, and they may not build when the fight starts.

You are allowed one non-fighting ship around the sphere, and that ship has a maximum size limit of 20x20x20. Special occurrences will be considered, but this stream and sector are not for showing off large ships, its for fighting in.

>No shields

Reason: Fights with shields for ships that are a maximum of 9x9x9 blocks large are incredibly boring and unbalanced.

No disintegrators,

Reason: Disintegrators as they are currently in starmade are far too easy to abuse by just wrapping your ship in them and ramming the enemy. Everyone dies instantly = no fun.

No cloaking,

Reason: Cloaking a 9x9x9 ship and still have it be a fun fight to watch is difficult at the best of times. Imagine watching a submarine race.

No radar jamming,

Reason: Locking onto the opponent in the Sphere is essential to actually finding and fighting them. Not having a lock will cripple the fighter without jamming, making the fight boring to watch.

No guided missiles,

Reason: Missiles can lock onto other ships from a long distance away, including in the build boxes. A fighter can just gain a lock from his box, fire the missiles and be guaranteed an eventual hit. Heatseekers are glitchy at the best of times, and often go for ships outside of the sphere.

No faction modules.

Reason: Faction modules have a disproportionate amount of health and can be used to essentially make a fighter invulnerable if used cleverly.

No building after the fight starts.

Reason: This one should be obvious, since the matches are decided by one party being killed by the other.

Once you are unable to fire your weapons, let go of the keyboard and let yourself be killed.

The matches are decided by one party being killed by the other. (With the exception of really long matches where I call the winner by vote.)

---------------------------------

New version info

: I already did some non-public test builds, but I never did so much changes in one version, so there is already a bunch of bugs that I need to fix before it's even playable. I'll do my best to get it running for you ASAP.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Radar jamming should be allowed since it requires a lot of power to power it up and also since it is a relatively small arena, you should have to use your eyes (skills) to track your weak oponent, Since they are jammed they can\'t have very good weapons.

Reaction score
    *Looks at comments*

*picture takes up my 50\'\' screen*

*Turns 360 degrees and moonwalks away*

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Sounds familiar somehow, glad something along this line is back :D

Reaction score
    So uh schema...

Are we getting this on Christmas or is it just too complicated? Any specifics as to what you\'re having problems with? Will it at least be released before 2014?

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    uhh... I really hope the next update will be playable quickly :eek:

In my opinion one of the best things is the new player model.

Reaction score
    Is the Gravity system upgraded too in the update? Its really annoying that i have to activate it for my base every time i log in. And it would be cool if i could activate it for the base generally. so everyone who gets there is in the gravity. like on a planet.

Reaction score
    Merry Christmas Schema, I really hope you enjoy a break over the holidays, and enjoy time with your family. We can wait a few days. ^.^ Keep up the amazing work.

Reaction score
    Didn\'t think of that, Schema might be enjoying Christmas with his family and that is why its taking so long! At least I hope he is going to enjoy some time off.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Meanwhile, for those who just can\'t wait, do listen to this 10 hour long song from The Stanley Parable :) It will provide the adequate soundtrack to reflect your emoions during this time of anticipation and cheer ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=guIaCocnNaw

Reaction score
    When Schema woke up the next day, he released the test build to his fan\'s delight.

Don\'t derail the story, Schema.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I guess I have keep myself entertained learning to fly a 4 channel helicopter until the update is here ^^

Reaction score
    it is curently 5:25 from this post... but its stilll chrismass. merry chismass.

Reaction score
    Doubt it. Huge update, and still lots of bugs to fix.

However we can stay hopeful.