Starmade just got 0wned...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    well, well, well... look at this, another Minecraft in space pops out of nowhere and looks to be much farther ahead in development.

...meanwhile, we sit and gnash our teeth debating how to re-invent the wheel of power/reactors... again... Schine, you're looking to a lot of us like you're going nowhere fast. Stop dinking around, and move different directions.

Reactions: alij331
    Reaction score
    Meh. Though it certainly *looks* more polished, it seems like it lacks the charm that sucked me into starmade in the first place.

Though, I honestly feel that there could never be enough games that let me build my own space ships lol

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive

Starmade ships explode, they dont turn while then deleted. ;P
    Which trailers game looks better to you?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    sub-meter logic! But no regex jet?

BTW: I found the source-code of StarMade on sourceforge (but it was updated 2010 the last time):
    Schine Engine (It really is, or not?)

Last edited:

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    A lot of the parts in that game are pre-designed, so for that folding ramp there is only that one type of folding ramp (unless they changed that) while in starmade you can build any damn folding ramp you want.

Reaction score
    If Starmade got so fucking owned then best leave the forum full of loosers and go with your shiny Skywanderers. We don't need you.

Reactions: Starjet and alij331

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Half the trailer looked suspiciously adobe after effected to me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Starmade = Alpha
    Skywanderers = Pre-Alpha

We have no idea what the finished state of either of these games will be. Putting one over the other is silly. Especially since you use it to bash schine about redesigning power while Skywanderers doesn't have fully functional systems yet.

Last edited:

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    All I see is bad textures, a few particle effects, more bloom and glow and a HD skybox compared to SM, that's it.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The textures are reminiscent of the old Beetlebear textures.

(NEVER AGAAAAIN)

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Uhm, the only thing that this game does better is sound. Assuming all that was actual in-game graphics and sound, and not pre-rendered stuff.

Everything else, StarMade does as well or better than this game.

StarMade has not been "owned" at all.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Aparently that game have ladders and controls chairs, two things we have been asking for years some users, that is an improvement over Starmade.

But i do not think that game have "the drama" we have at this game.
    It's the internet, there's always drama. Want proof? Go to Skywanderer's forums and say that their game is going to get outdone by StarMade/Avorion/SpaceEngineers/etc. You'll see the same drama. :P

As for improvement over StarMade, StarMade has multiplayer, something Skywanderers isn't going to focus on. Skywanderers is focusing on building ships and stations, and crafting. Stuff StarMade already has. Those nice round planets? Can't touch them. And you won't be able to touch them til the game gets to deep beta.

You're likely going to run into the same things in SW as you have in SM.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Gasboy doing the forum thing is "forum drama", i think you need to play with more people and act like a dick to understand my "drama" point. [If you have never suffered that because two players are "at war"and one of them crash the server, is normal that you do not understand me.]

Skywanderers is using "eyecandy" to get players, only for that that game must to have shitty mechanics.

And the planet Stuff aparently that are a coming soon feature.

Since I played the starmade I've seen too much "drama" mixed with neutral moments and a few good ones, and I've never gotten to see that kind of thing in other multiplayer games.
    Uh. Pretty sure an online game is part of the internet. And I could have sworn I said there's always drama on the internet. You're not the only person who has experienced 'drama', and it would be incredibly naive of you to think that the shiny new game wouldn't have that too. People are people after all.

And you're right. No one would ever dare use prerendered graphics and misrepresent their game intentionally. And of course you know all the developers personally, they'd never do that, right?

You speak of drama and perhaps I am being too cynical here, but there are people who abuse the Greenlight system and there are people who misrepresent their products. After NoMansSky, only the latest but by no means the only 'heartbreaker', I think people ought to be more skeptical.

Reaction score
    I kinda agree with Arkudo. Unless Skywanderers was in development for a lot longer time than was told, it's likely these mechanics are simply bad. But it does look slightly better than Starmade. As for the drama, there is always some for everything. Game examples: Lol, Riot isn't listening to us; Minecraft, Microsoft is going to ruin it; Halo, 343 is changing too many things and is horrible; Rust, the devs don't care about us. Is just a natural part of life, though it could be toned down.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I kinda agree with Arkudo. Unless Skywanderers was in development for a lot longer time than was told, it's likely these mechanics are simply bad. But it does look slightly better than Starmade. As for the drama, there is always some for everything. Game examples: Lol, Riot isn't listening to us; Minecraft, Microsoft is going to ruin it; Halo, 343 is changing too many things and is horrible; Rust, the devs don't care about us. Is just a natural part of life, though it could be toned down.
    The best cure for drama is to ignore it, instead of feeding it. There are legit concerns, and there is drama, and you have to be able to differentiate between the two.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    well, well, well... look at this, another Minecraft in space pops out of nowhere and looks to be much farther ahead in development.

...meanwhile, we sit and gnash our teeth debating how to re-invent the wheel of power/reactors... again... Schine, you're looking to a lot of us like you're going nowhere fast. Stop dinking around, and move different directions.
    And where does this look more "complete" to you? I see similarities, the largest difference being the graphics.

I see mechanics, but not gameplay. I've watched just about every video on that channel so I'm not missing anything. There are pros and cons to the differences between StarMade and Skywanderers. It's been laid out in another thread that popped up with this trailer.

And I don't take offense at this game, it looks fine. But let's not pretend it's more "complete".