StarMade Development Direction

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'm wondering if we'll be able to setup some NPCs at shipyards and have them auto start up builds of provided blueprints and designs and than prep them for launch with more NPCs creating a fleetyard of sorts to send out huge fleets in an area. :)

Reaction score
    . It would be a great alternative to having to return to a shipyard for major repairs you don't want to or can't do yourself.
    That and/or making astrotechs repairing the ship to the design in the ship core. I could just go on and on about that. Therefore, please consider the spoiler:
    Taken from my own: AI Ideas Thread
    My idea is that astrotechcomputers could be hooked up to a storage with blocks. It woulduse the input design in the shipcore(I have heard much talk ofthis, it would be basically the shipyard design and putting it in the core [leave it to :schema:to find out how]) to replace blocks on the ship. It would have a punch-through beam effect that would heal all blocks in a line(and maybe an area effect too). However, when it placed blocks it would place then with one hitpoint, and AI would replace all blocks in an area(decided by the program? If you piloted it it would do where you pointed it? Give me your opinions) before starting to heal them. This would mean if you got hit by a missile you could call in support drones to heal you, but risk getting hit with another weapon that could be very weak that would destroy all of your newly placed blocks. It would also look really cool, like a scab or something glowing red as repair drones healed it.
    Fleet command would work well with both of them, to.

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    Hey,
    I'm a fan from the Rail system and it would be nice when I can create lifts with the rail system, so that I can storage my "containers".

Reaction score
    It's been a while since I've checked in. Wow! Just wow! When I first bought this game there wasn't much to it. Build a ship, find an abandoned station, cannibalize it, sell and/or use the parts, build a bigger ship to slaughter pirates, be bored. But I knew the potential for this game so I didn't give up. I came back shortly after the crafting system had changed. Played around with the new systems. I quit playing because of sluggish large ships and couldn't chain dock. Also I got burnt out on minecraft type games. Now many of the features I've wanted in a space based game are here, and some I didn't even think of. The remaining features I've wanted are being planned out. My dream game is being built! It makes me want to buy it all over again, and again. I'm going to continue to wait for more features so that I have tons of new content to explore. I am anxious and drooling but I will continue to be patient. Thanks for everything!!!

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It's been a while since this thread was started almost 8 months ago. Wow! Just wow! only 2 of the 10 features listed have been implemented. At this rate we'll hit Beta within the millennia!

I apologize for the snarky comment, but I'm just SOOOOOooooo tired of waiting :(

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    If you can do better apply for a job with them rather than whining about it. >_>

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    It's been a while since this thread was started almost 8 months ago. Wow! Just wow! only 2 of the 10 features listed have been implemented. At this rate we'll hit Beta within the millennia!

I apologize for the snarky comment, but I'm just SOOOOOooooo tired of waiting :(
    Recently we've re-addressed our development timeline with regards to dependencies etc and found that a lot of what was initially mentioned as things that would be added in over the next few months in this thread have now been pushed back due to the number of other dependencies that have to work the way we want them to. It does highlight though that we should probably do an updated thread speaking on development timelines again.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3

Recently we've re-addressed our development timeline with regards to dependencies etc and found that a lot of what was initially mentioned as things that would be added in over the next few months in this thread have now been pushed back due to the number of other dependencies that have to work the way we want them to. It does highlight though that we should probably do an updated thread speaking on development timelines again.
    Thanks for the update :D

Reaction score

I for one would be most pleased to hear another 'state-of-the-starmade' type dev blog that gives us a re-outline of whats coming with fresh timetables.

Nothing ever goes as planned, everyone knows that. But having an idea of a direction we're heading in is very nice indeed.

Reactions: nightrune

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    My two cents worth...

I have little patience for impatience. If getting SM released sooner means it becomes a bad clone of a poorly thought-out game we have all played before then I'll wait. I urge Bench and the team at Schine to have faith in their vision and in the gamer community. I am always glad to hear that there is a critical path being followed and that Schine has a good handle on what needs to be done before fancy new feature can be implemented. It gives me confidence that the devs are planning this thoughtfully and not just responding to every whim and request of it's 'enthusiastic' community. Stay the course folks, we have your back. :cool:

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    My two cents worth...

I have little patience for impatience. If getting SM released sooner means it becomes a bad clone of a poorly thought-out game we have all played before then I'll wait. I urge Bench and the team at Schine to have faith in their vision and in the gamer community. I am always glad to hear that there is a critical path being followed and that Schine has a good handle on what needs to be done before fancy new feature can be implemented. It gives me confidence that the devs are planning this thoughtfully and not just responding to every whim and request of it's 'enthusiastic' community. Stay the course folks, we have your back. :cool:
    There isn't a power in the 'verse that could keep :schema:from staying true to himself and putting out a quality game.
    Master Yoda once said: A poorly thought-out bad clone, this game will never be.

Us impatient folks got your backs as well.

Last edited:
    D

Deleted member 392097

Wow! All that that sounds great! Hope to see all this in-game soon!