StarMade dev news

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi players,

I'm still working hard on new features. There will be more info at the end of the week (TM).

Also, I'm still working on stability and performance, and there are some great news. A bottleneck cause physics to do a lot more work then they needed to on servers (suspected main reason of lag besides SQL). Sql amount of rows can be now by over 90%, by using deterministic generation in case a sector was not "touched"(an asteroid was edited or moved).

Expect a new pre-build tomorrow,

cheers,

- schema

Reaction score
    their is a problem with the server not relasing ram when not needed it goes up as ppl come online and does not go down as they leave

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Anything on crosshairs not being accurately drawn on screen? I keep having the main one appear centered with the image 1/4th of it\'s size offset below where the bullets fire, same effect from the radar targets of ship cores. It is normally not noticable but when I try to line up a shot using radar only it gets annoying when the shot is one block down and one block left of the core.

Reaction score
    Thank you for your continued work on Starmade. It\'s a wonderful game. I hope will continue working on it, even while getting more and more competition from other titles.

Starmade has an unique charm.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Tweak the time it takes for starmade to unload sectors. It will fix more problems than you can think of.

WARNING: Do not use this on production servers without testing

Reaction score
    The cross hair is where you target, not where you shoot from. It shoots from where you placed the guns. Therefore, it doesn\'t always hit exactly where yu are ointng, especially when the angle between the gun and target is very small

Reaction score
    Would ray tracing and volumetric rendering from a Sparse Voxel Octrees fix collision issues?
    Other ideas that might be used in your game.
    http://www.oocities.org/tzukkers/isosurf/isosurfaces.html

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    A clue as to what all these \"New features\" are would be nice.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    sorry to bother you schema
    but would you be so kind to take a look at the game and how it works with Nvidia/Intel graphic cards?
    it seems to crash very often for me, even with the latest update of the graphics card.

else keep up the good work!
    its a fantastic game :D

Nauvran

Reaction score
    Hi schema.

Great news. I\'m excited about the new features. I am pleased.

Cheers

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had it perfectly aligned, yet the crosshair image is not properly centered with the static crosshair image that rotates, and even if the amc array is perfectly centered behind or in front of the cockpit, the shot is skewed. Also the core is clearly offset from the radar target. The source appears to be the improper aspect ratio for resolutions. Neither 1360x768 or 1366x768 are exact 16:9 ratio, and combined with the fact this game handles resolution changes badly, the hud textures are often misaligned by varying amounts. The image below visualizes my point.

Other issues that are not visible in this image is that on a resolution change the chat migrates to the very bottom of the screen, and the mouse sometimes has it\'s selection point offset (much more rare since fix). The textures used were from http://star-made.org/content/improved-hud-textures