StarMade dev news #2

Reaction score
    I agree it would be nice if there was only a gray regular and hardened hull then you paint it what colour you want.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    what about block WITHOUT that triangle?

|\\/| <-- lookin alike. there is both type o blocks in Space Engineers, for example.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    omg! thank you schema so many times i have built ships and try to add wedges and starmade doesnt have the wedge!

Reaction score
    In order to get this update out sooner, I am devoting all my time to finishing the final work on the art side until it\'s ready. Not sure how much sleep I\'ll get tonight, if any. I\'ve been widely busy, but I should be able to finally get this out to you guys ASAP. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thank you Omni

Have some PlexGlass to sell for credits :P

im asuming your the texture artist [going from your comment]

Reaction score
    Nope. I\'m the modeler and animator responsible for the new player model, upcoming animals/creatures and more. ;)

Back to work!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Oh my god, I\'ve been waiting this for soooo long. Time to save up on the blocks...

Reaction score
    I\'m really glad to get these new shapes, as well as orientations. However, it\'s bittersweet because now I\'ll feel guilty for not going back and reworking all of my old ships.
    I can\'t wait for an update!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    because I now the new commands and Im using the new (but not finshed) player mode its awsome

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    At first I read it as animals cruelty...

Now I wish that the models can be torn appart so that we can do actual animal cruelty. :D

Getting on a random planet and abducting the equivalent of their cows to probe and experiment on, I want to be the alien the galaxy needs, not the one it deserves!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Good to hear you are now okay! :) And so much thanks for the development of this awesome game :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well, then, it\'ll be you then I\'ll keep an eye on, waiting for some basic furniture for new civilian ships and space stations so they won\'t be too bare inside. :P

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    How broken will turrets be? XD

Reaction score
    i hope you can fix the ship gravity bug when enter a new sector and my friends get lost in space :-(

this would get awesome, if me and my friends can be a crew to explore new star systems.

thanks a lot schema, for now :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello, I had this problem for a while... I have a server, and I have a fairly large ship so I guess its to do with the size of it but idk. When I play starmade it all looks completly fine, when I spawn it (the ship) and all that, BUT when I exit and log back in there are MASSIVE square alike holes on it (basically missing blocks) and I have no idea how to fix it. Is my ship simply too large? its about 300k blocks which is not a lot compared to 5 mill ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    if you want to have a full crew, and have each one able to work together in a way that lets them rp better, then you should look into helping to get this idea going: http://star-made.org/content/cockpit-fixing-mod

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    there are many out there who care about the looks of their ship, before they can about what it does. due to this, they will continue to look into using the new parts, even if they are not as functional as the old. those of use who build the function of the ship, before skinning over the looks, will be the only ones who even look at the value of the new blocks, vs the old.