StarMade cannons

Reaction score
    So I've been building ships and one of the many things I need is how much power the cannons use. This would be useful for making efficient ships. Plz Help!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I believe its 100 energy per activation per cannon module.

There are tables relating to each weapon type and show the power consumption and other values of the weapon both with and without all possible secondary weapons.

In the case of cannons, that is 100 power per module per second (without any secondary weapons). So a 10 block cannon would use 1000 power every second if your firing as fast as you can with it. A 100 block cannon system would use 10,000 power every second. and for a 1000 block cannon system you could expect 100,000 power to be used every second.

Link:
    Weapon Systems - StarMade Wiki

hope that helps.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well if you've already built the weapon, hit G to bring up the weapon list, and click on it. It'll show you a list of all the arrays connect to that computer, hit the + sign to open the dropdown, and it'll show you lots of stats for it. Including damage per shot, reload time, and power consumption per shot.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Really though, having cannons made just big enough to use every last drop of power is not a very good idea, as it makes you super vunerable to EMP weapons.

Reaction score
    I was just confused because between the chart and actual consumption is different. Doing the math yields a consumption of 80000. Here's the math (in case I'm wrong) 100x800 = 80000, so if I'm producing 450,000 energy per second, I should have enough energy, right?

Reaction score
    What else is draining power? Thrusters, shields, passive effects, turrets, other weapons, all of these affect total power. Make sure you have enough regen to sustain all of this and more simultaneously.

Reaction score
    I believe I have solved the issue. You must have enough power capacity for the weapon to fire. I only had the base power capacity meaning even with enough regen, you can't use it until you have enough in your capacity