StarMade 0.198.146 Hotfixes #1

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    No fix for light shining through slabs? o_O
    ...light SHOULD shine through slabs. Why in the world do you want a fix for this? Use a solid block.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1465673984,1465673894][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hello,
    there have been some fixes yesterday, and also just now:
    • ... (useless things)...
    thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema
    How about you actually hotfix the #1 thing crashing people out of servers right now - the custom texture / block question?
    Seriously, this is a slap in the face to your players. A really, really, obvious slap.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    ...light SHOULD shine through slabs. Why in the world do you want a fix for this? Use a solid block.
    You're a moron.

Light should not be passing through slabs as if they're glass. What should be happeniong is light passing though the gap, but that needs a light engine overhaul to work. What I'm talking about here is the clearly buggy fact that light is ignoring slabs.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Wow, name calling, how mature.

Well kid, next time define exactly what you want, eg - which type of slabs, instead of making a blanket (and wrong) statement, and expecting everyone to read your mind. Universe doesn't revolve around your point-of-view ;p

You were probably yelling at Schine also when no light at all came through slabs, no?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    "Ghent96" Probably born in 96, so 20 at the most
    "therimmer96" also born in 96.

next time define exactly what you want, eg - which type of slabs, instead of making a blanket (and wrong) statement, and expecting everyone to read your mind. Universe doesn't revolve around your point-of-view ;p
    I did, in the original thread for the update. You're the one making a blanket statement without any background on my meaning.

OOOO~ fixed lighting

*logs in*

So slabs are transparent it seems.

You were probably yelling at Schine also when no light at all came through slabs, no?
    Actually incorrect, I quite like the effect of them being solid, and use it so that lights will glow without lighting surrounding areas.

Reaction score
    Here's another fun little lighting thing for everybody: How many colors of standard armor wedge are there in the below image?
    Lighting Is Fun.jpg
    None.