StarMade 0.198.146 Hotfixes #1

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello,
    there have been some fixes yesterday, and also just now:
    • Fixed issue where "Play in Background" isn't shown on the automatically played intro video
    • Fixed issue where F8 didn't open the Tutorial Selection Screen
    • Fixed backside of angled shapes being drawn, even if adjacent to an opaque face
    • Fixed wedges side triangles being drawn both in transparency and opaque (rest of the angled shapes will follow soon)
    • Fixed crash on mac when playing any video

This is just a build change, and doesn't increase version, so servers don't need to update.

thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Tab + F8 open the tutorial menu on linux.

and i had "cannot run program./lib/ffmpeg/ffmpeg64:error=13 permission denied
    This happen when entering a universe and tutorial is enabled.

Edit: Now when tutorial enabled game crashes. Not even a warning message anymore.

ah and game crashes when spawning multiple ships at once admin mod...

otherwise, love the game keep up the excellent work. Thanks so much for making this game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    I was building a new design in the shipyard and went into the test sector.....BAD MISTAKE!!!! You cannot exit the test sector! All you get is the tutorial videos pop-up and cannot exit. I quit to menu and logged back in....back in test sector! I quit to desktop and reloaded the game....stuck in test sector! As a last resort I forced a respawn (suicide) and I am now back in the universe!

Reaction score
    Lighting:

- Heptas in tight inside corners appear black(as in wedge-hepta-wedge), despite lighting.
    - Tetras appear black in tight outside corners(as in wedge-tetra-wedge), despite lighting.
    - Light passes through Slabs.
    - Cameras not seeing through wedges (FIXED).

Tutorials:
    - Tab + F8 goes to tutorial menu (Windows).

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hello,
    there have been some fixes yesterday, and also just now:
    • Fixed issue where "Play in Background" isn't shown on the automatically played intro video
    • Fixed issue where F8 didn't open the Tutorial Selection Screen
    • Fixed backside of angled shapes being drawn, even if adjacent to an opaque face
    • Fixed wedges side triangles being drawn both in transparency and opaque (rest of the angled shapes will follow soon)
    • Fixed crash on mac when playing any video

This is just a build change, and doesn't increase version, so servers don't need to update.

thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema
    Noticed that an in game browser was mentioned on the News regarding this patch as a future implementation.
    Had you considered just using the steam browser it is already there?

That said implementing gecko or blink would give you a lot of options besides an in game browser.
    Technically you could use it to replace the entire UI and allow customization of it and skinning it as people want.

By the way good work so far. Love the fact you are polishing the game up and cleaning up the rough edges before throwing to much into it.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Keep in mind they want both steam and non-steam players to be able to play the game right now. >_> If you put in steam only things like that you are losing a good percentage of the playerbase.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Keep in mind they want both steam and non-steam players to be able to play the game right now. >_> If you put in steam only things like that you are losing a good percentage of the playerbase.
    Ya, if this game goes steam-only, I'm gone(no big loss, I know). I 100% REFUSE to allow valve spyware on my computer.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Tab + F8 open the tutorial menu on linux.

and i had "cannot run program./lib/ffmpeg/ffmpeg64:error=13 permission denied
    This happen when entering a universe and tutorial is enabled.

Edit: Now when tutorial enabled game crashes. Not even a warning message anymore.

ah and game crashes when spawning multiple ships at once admin mod...

otherwise, love the game keep up the excellent work. Thanks so much for making this game.

Is that still happening? Because that's the exact issue we fixed for mac (the error being that the executable flag wasn't set). And since mac and linux are pretty much unix, it should work for any linux distro as well.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Is that still happening? Because that's the exact issue we fixed for mac (the error being that the executable flag wasn't set). And since mac and linux are pretty much unix, it should work for any linux distro as well.
    No, it appear to work fine now.

EDIT: Still happens 2 times out of 3 login....
    Thanks again for being so responsive.

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hurray for fast hotfixes! I look forward to the rest of the lighting bugs being fixed in the coming patches.

Exozen

C-D SOLDIER
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This and new lighting... best update ever! Thankles, Schema :v

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Any bugs from the latest bug storm still around killing people?

Reaction score
    schema. there is still an issue with broken test sector for shipyards: clicking on "exit test sector" button opens tutorials menu. I was able to leave it only using console commands.

Reaction score
    Hmm, not being able to leave the test sector is an odd bug. I don't use shipyards that much (obviously I prefer a more hands-on approch to ship building), so it doesn't affect me that much, but I can see the problem it causes, since the tutorials sould be a totally separate process.

It seems that the tutorial system was implemented a bit oddly, because we seem to be having the tutorial window popping up in multiple occasions already. Pressing F8 in any occasion brings it up (even when used in key commands, such as Tab + F8 to move between ships as Admin/in SP when using default key mappings). Seems like the functionality of the tutorial window needs tweaking, as well as the new lighting model. I'm hoping the next few hotfixes are used to fix the problems in both affected systems, and not simply put on a back burner.