StarMade 0.1839 Bug Fixes & Balance

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    oh snap I hope that the new trailer will not be only dalmont/mushroomfleet ships

edit: ah ok so it was Zanaten who made it not bench then that explains a lot.

Reaction score
    thank you for fixing salvage eating power but it feels really weak now.

some bugs maybe,

my 94 lazor + 94 cannon + 94 overdrive setup eats 0 power,

Disintegrator on a ship dose not disappear after being activated and deals no damage to the ship but deals damage to surrounding objects, funny to bore through stations and stuff with 1 core 1 disintergrator lol

not sure if this is a bug but salvage beam sticks around pointing the direction you were firing after you've stopped holding click.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    thank you for fixing salvage eating power but it feels really weak now.

some bugs maybe,

my 94 lazor + 94 cannon + 94 overdrive setup eats 0 power,

Disintegrator on a ship dose not disappear after being activated and deals no damage to the ship but deals damage to surrounding objects, funny to bore through stations and stuff with 1 core 1 disintergrator lol

not sure if this is a bug but salvage beam sticks around pointing the direction you were firing after you've stopped holding click.
    It's a bug (I reported it and it's in queue), although I must say that I only reported it for logic activation, so it might be a good idea to submit another report.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Love the changes, thank you for putting the little extra effort into it, feels so much nicer.

btw. i just wanted to have a look at the new tutorial, it is not fool proof yet :) leaving the ship for example can spawn you outside of the station with no way back in. Also unbuilding ships messes up the progress as well for the ai wants you to return into a ship which is no longer there . just saying someone might want to polish this first impression a little bit more.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    oh snap I hope that the new trailer will not be only dalmont/mushroomfleet ships

edit: ah ok so it was Zanaten who made it not bench then that explains a lot.
    Zanaten did this trailer, I did the Schine logo update and animation of it at the start. Hope that makes more sense.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Good job on the patches, we really appreciate your hard work.
    However, I would suggest not worrying about balance so much for now, since we are still inside Alpha stage, and that's a job for the Beta stage.

There are still some simple features that a lot of the people are waiting on, which I don't believe they are very hard to do/code at all, for example, a way to restrict access of faction ships according to the faction rank, in order to avoid incidents like the CR de-homebasing and destruction we had on the past again.

With the objective of continue growing, most of the powerful factions are having to create sub-factions for recruitment - it is a temporary solution, but it shouldn't be that way.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Good job on the patches, we really appreciate your hard work.
    However, I would suggest not worrying about balance so much for now, since we are still inside Alpha stage, and that's a job for the Beta stage.

There are still some simple features that a lot of the people are waiting on, which I don't believe they are very hard to do/code at all, for example, a way to restrict access of faction ships according to the faction rank, in order to avoid incidents like the CR de-homebasing and destruction we had on the past again.

With the objective of continue growing, most of the powerful factions are having to create sub-factions for recruitment - it is a temporary solution, but it shouldn't be that way.
    I respectfully disagree. If these were minor changes I'd be feeling the same way, but this update balanced things so they're not broken anynore (salvage-cannon as main example).

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    I hate it if people complain about inevitable changes. But I have to say that the change back to a 1:1:1 ratio feels more intuitive. Good work in filtering the useful comments from the general nonsense talk. I hope this doesn´t mean that you change everything if enough people cry. :D

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well, color me interested at this. I think pulse-missiles needed a buff. Also, I have a basic logic clock run a supply beam recharge unit attached to my titan. Will the update make the the beam fire and need to cooldown before the clock finishes a rotation, or will it generally work out. Bit of a logic noob here, haha! Never much understood redstone either...

Last edited:

Captainredfox

Custom titles... neat
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well now salvage isn't completely broken, now it's just useless. Why couldn't the change just have been reverted?

Other than my single woe, hurray for steam and fleets!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Salvage had to change some time. I don't know if this is final, but we seem to be heading in the right direction. I would have much preferred it if the "damage" that had to be dealt would be dependent on the block hp, but I'll give it a try to see if it works. If not, you'll see me posting a thread in suggestions. If it does work, I'll just praise it to salvage heaven.

I just realised what these changes meant. Expect a new suggestion thread soon.

Nah, never mind. I still like the changes. I might still want to rebalance some effects so not only the cannon combo is useful, but for the rest it seems fine.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    When StarMade gets into Steam, will not be possible to play for free? I'm in charge of the star-made.es community server and they'll ask me sooner or later.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    It's been a fun ride, watching this grow from infancy. Congrats to Schema, the devs, and the community on the upcoming Steam release.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    What exactly did you think was wrong with salvage, apart from cannon-salvage I just don't get where you're coming from.

I like the new damage system for salvage, but it's implemented very wrong.
    The other effects were also broken. I like the damage system too, but like you I feel that it is implemented in the wrong way.

I personally feel that it should be based on the hp of the block that is being salvaged. I have a thread about it over in the suggestion forum, be usre to check it out. I'd love to have some feedback on it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The trailer was amazing and all but... did.. they.. just.. render Dave through the glass?!?!?! Do Character models render through glass again just like before? :eek: