StarMade 0.163 Bugfixes, Shield beams, Tutorials

Reaction score
    Power supply do, I know that. Not the shield beams yet, however.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    @AndiP Found a potential shield supply issue...

... hadn'T he time to investigate jet ...

If you have a few small-medium ships docked inside your titan and they supply it with energy, would this not bypass combat regeneration nerfs and power-supply efficiency loss both?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    @AndiP Found a potential shield supply issue...

... hadn'T he time to investigate jet ...

If you have a few small-medium ships docked inside your titan and they supply it with energy, would this not bypass combat regeneration nerfs and power-supply efficiency loss both?
    u can do the same already with power suplies on docked ships with logic controled power beams
    i would guess its meant to be like that

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    how do i download the dev build since it just comes up as a folder on the ftp i need to download all the files but dont want to do it file by file for the dev build

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    u can do the same already with power suplies on docked ships with logic controled power beams
    i would guess its meant to be like that
    Yes, but if you have reactors power supply on a docked ship and shield-recharge on your main ship, it suffers 9/10 regen penalty because of the combat regen feature.

But if you use shield-supply, you don't need power-supply and shield-supply beams both.
    It essentially replaces power-supply, being a lot more effective at the cost of not being usable as versatile (for thrusters, etc) out of combat.

I don't say I dislike it (I like the ability to tie some power regeneration or tanks to specific functions) but having 10 times as much combat repair seems OP and needs a look at / some polishing.

HTML:
    Shield Regen (edited)
      <ShieldRechargeTotalMul>5.5 / second</ShieldRechargeTotalMul>
      <ShieldRecoveryTimeAfterOutage>10</ShieldRecoveryTimeAfterOutage> <!-- time, the shield will not recharge after reaching 0 -->
      <ShieldDirectRecoveryTime>60</ShieldDirectRecoveryTime> <!-- this time is set to the value gives after each hit sustained. In direct recovery, <ShieldRecoveryMultPerPercent> is applied. Otherwise it's running on full recharge -->
      <ShieldRecoveryMultPerPercent>0.5</ShieldRecoveryMultPerPercent> <!-- MAX % at high health  -  in direct recovery, the shield recharge will be multiplied by (1-((shield/max)*thisValue));-->
      <ShieldRecoveryMult>0.1</ShieldRecoveryMult> <!-- MAX % at low health  - in direct recovery, the shield recharge will be multiplied: recharge = recharge*thisValue;-->
      <ShieldRechargePowerConsuption>10</ShieldRechargePowerConsuption> <!-- (when shield < 100%) per regen point -->
      <ShieldFullPowerConsuption>1</ShieldFullPowerConsuption> <!-- (when shield == 100%) per regen point -->

PowerSupply, Shield Supply (merged)

<BasicValues>
                            <SupplyPerHit>40, 10</SupplyPerHit>
                            <PowerConsumption>60, 60</PowerConsumption>
                            <Distance>200, 200</Distance>                        <!-- timeBetweenHits = 1 / (unitSize^pow)*mult -->
                            <SpeedPowPerUnit>1, 1</SpeedPowPerUnit>          <!-- this non linear scaling up of beam ROF the larger an array is will impact balance in a nasty way, can we make it a set value -->
                            <SpeedMultPerUnit>7, 2</SpeedMultPerUnit>
                            <CoolDown>1, 1</CoolDown> <!-- Time it takes to fire beam again from the start-time it first activated -->
                            <BurstTime>1, 1</BurstTime> <!-- Time the beam will fire -->
                            <InitialTicks>0, 0</InitialTicks> <!-- Ticks to do at the initial contact of beam with a block -->
                    </BasicValues>
    Basically it says that with about 5000 power generator blocks for 1kk energy in a roughly 24..32 ^3 cube, it supports 0.1kk shield regen,

for 93.5k shield regen and 5.5 per block and second you need 17k shield re-generators (and you get no power outage by a safety margin of 65k power per second)

Power consumption currently only applies once per array (dunno if it is a bug or if it is fixed), thus 10 supply *2 speed mult per block = 20 per block per second = 4'700 blocks are required

To transfer the used amount of power (and suffer 1/10 combat regen) you need 1kk / 7*40 = 3500 power-supply beams.

As long as the combat repair penalty is not also applied on docked entities or supplied shield is reduced while target shield is under combat repair influence, shield supply needs a *4/30 nerf to be balanced.
    Or maybe *2/10 nerf because you can't use the power for something else but shield regen.

EDIT: NOTE: I speak about the theoretical case. Lags may influence results, needs some tests about practicability, thoughts about how many power/shield storage you need for reduction of fluctuations (I guess max. 2/10), ...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    TurtorialException: java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: c

dieser Fehler kommt seit dem update bei ein paar spielern von uns.... auch nachdem
    Starmade sowie Java neugemacht und upgedatet wurde.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, but if you have reactors power supply on a docked ship and shield-recharge on your main ship, it suffers 9/10 regen penalty because of the combat regen feature.

But if you use shield-supply, you don't need power-supply and shield-supply beams both.
    It essentially replaces power-supply, being a lot more effective at the cost of not being usable as versatile (for thrusters, etc) out of combat.

I don't say I dislike it (I like the ability to tie some power regeneration or tanks to specific functions) but having 10 times as much combat repair seems OP and needs a look at / some polishing.

HTML:
    Shield Regen (edited)
      <ShieldRechargeTotalMul>5.5 / second</ShieldRechargeTotalMul>
      <ShieldRecoveryTimeAfterOutage>10</ShieldRecoveryTimeAfterOutage> <!-- time, the shield will not recharge after reaching 0 -->
      <ShieldDirectRecoveryTime>60</ShieldDirectRecoveryTime> <!-- this time is set to the value gives after each hit sustained. In direct recovery, <ShieldRecoveryMultPerPercent> is applied. Otherwise it's running on full recharge -->
      <ShieldRecoveryMultPerPercent>0.5</ShieldRecoveryMultPerPercent> <!-- MAX % at high health  -  in direct recovery, the shield recharge will be multiplied by (1-((shield/max)*thisValue));-->
      <ShieldRecoveryMult>0.1</ShieldRecoveryMult> <!-- MAX % at low health  - in direct recovery, the shield recharge will be multiplied: recharge = recharge*thisValue;-->
      <ShieldRechargePowerConsuption>10</ShieldRechargePowerConsuption> <!-- (when shield < 100%) per regen point -->
      <ShieldFullPowerConsuption>1</ShieldFullPowerConsuption> <!-- (when shield == 100%) per regen point -->

PowerSupply, Shield Supply (merged)

<BasicValues>
                            <SupplyPerHit>40, 10</SupplyPerHit>
                            <PowerConsumption>60, 60</PowerConsumption>
                            <Distance>200, 200</Distance>                        <!-- timeBetweenHits = 1 / (unitSize^pow)*mult -->
                            <SpeedPowPerUnit>1, 1</SpeedPowPerUnit>          <!-- this non linear scaling up of beam ROF the larger an array is will impact balance in a nasty way, can we make it a set value -->
                            <SpeedMultPerUnit>7, 2</SpeedMultPerUnit>
                            <CoolDown>1, 1</CoolDown> <!-- Time it takes to fire beam again from the start-time it first activated -->
                            <BurstTime>1, 1</BurstTime> <!-- Time the beam will fire -->
                            <InitialTicks>0, 0</InitialTicks> <!-- Ticks to do at the initial contact of beam with a block -->
                    </BasicValues>
    Basically it says that with about 5000 power generator blocks for 1kk energy in a roughly 24..32 ^3 cube, it supports 0.1kk shield regen,

for 93.5k shield regen and 5.5 per block and second you need 17k shield re-generators (and you get no power outage by a safety margin of 65k power per second)

Power consumption currently only applies once per array (dunno if it is a bug or if it is fixed), thus 10 supply *2 speed mult per block = 20 per block per second = 4'700 blocks are required

To transfer the used amount of power (and suffer 1/10 combat regen) you need 1kk / 7*40 = 3500 power-supply beams.

As long as the combat repair penalty is not also applied on docked entities or supplied shield is reduced while target shield is under combat repair influence, shield supply needs a *4/30 nerf to be balanced.
    Or maybe *2/10 nerf because you can't use the power for something else but shield regen.

EDIT: NOTE: I speak about the theoretical case. Lags may influence results, needs some tests about practicability, thoughts about how many power/shield storage you need for reduction of fluctuations (I guess max. 2/10), ...
    i agree it is powerfull and atm costs a credit a peace but u do need alot of beams in different groups to acualy make a difference in sheild % moved from one ship to the other