StarMade 0.163 Bugfixes, Shield beams, Tutorials

Reaction score
    so your saying we need to hook up the shield drain to a clock and fire both that and our Ion weapons for maximum shield damage?
    They aren't about maximum damage, they can be used on their own, or yes in tandem. But the point is they impact the targets shields less per block you use, than if you used an ion effect, in return you gain a portion of that drained shield.

Reactions: Aridhol
    Reaction score
    Excellent update. Now the planets (Atlease for me) load much better and without high ping, but now with the new crafting system and astronauts now more likely to visit planets i say fix/expand the atmosphere it seems like its not there unless your in a really low valley on the
    planet. oh and planet gravity too.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    But planets already have gravity? The atmosphere not showing is a bug, and it is being worked on.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Meanwhile on elwyn...
    Me: why are faction modules cheaper than hard hull now
    (Faction modules are cheap now)

Reaction score
    But planets already have gravity? The atmosphere not showing is a bug, and it is being worked on.
    (i meant to expand gravity effect on planet not fix.)
    Yeah, but look how close you must be to the planet surface before the effect of gravity, and the atmosphere seems to have never been updated since the new planets been implemented. Its still seems the same size as when the planets where flat.(i never seen the atmosphere problem as a bug just need to be expanded)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Meanwhile on elwyn...
    Me: why are faction modules cheaper than hard hull now
    (Faction modules are cheap now)
    They are cheaper because they are easier to craft... Schema did say prices would be adjusted according to the new crafting system, so its not really a surprise when things get shifted up/down a fair bit

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I believe that the planet gravity indeed needs to scale with the planet size. I also believe that you should be able to leave the planet's gravity when you build out far enough. The atmosphere (around the planet) also needs to scale properly with the planet, and once it does, that atmosphere could be the gravity border. The gravity also should indeed immediately affect ships when they enter that atmosphere, but I think it would be better to wait for fixing that until the planet generates better (you don't want to hit the core).

Reaction score
    I believe that the planet gravity indeed needs to scale with the planet size.
    I may be wrong, but I got the impression that it does. When I checked out the improved terrain generation in one of the dev builds it seemed far easier to me to lift off a small planet than one of the larger ones.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    So i guess overdrive bug isn't fixed yet lol
    it was fixed
    but he added alot more bugs in its place that make weopons useless and faction modules worthless
    reduced faction module price to 1000
    weopons use more power and do less dmg even with no effects

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Are you certain that that is a bug? It could be preparation for the hp system. It is doubtful that that is the case though, so I would look into it if I were you.
    I forgot to check if dynamic prices are default now, so if it is default, and/or you have it on, it would explain the price of faction modules.

Reaction score
    Schema said this will happen to the price. he changed star made economy its now based off the basic resources (Crystals and Ores). so whatever the item is made of will distinguish the price of it. (its fairly easy to make faction modules).

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Shield Supply/Drain Beam

Now we only need a logic-link beam which works like the docking beam, except it is on/off-able by logic-blocks :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Crimson-Artist said:
    so your saying we need to hook up the shield drain to a clock and fire both that and our Ion weapons for maximum shield damage?
    They aren't about maximum damage, they can be used on their own, or yes in tandem. But the point is they impact the targets shields less per block you use, than if you used an ion effect, in return you gain a portion of that drained shield.
    I guess Calbiri means that the new shield drain module is more like a "tank" kind of strategy module, because it drains enemy shields and replenishes yours in the process, making your ship a hard to kill target because of its shields stealing functions. well, i guess so ^_^

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    oh and for everybody getting a socket address exception on the new launcher, i uploaded a fix to the same address. so if you downlaoded the new launcher, please replace it by redownloading from the same address you got it from

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Is the ratio of drainage equal as the powerdraining modules ? If so, it will be useless, just like the former. Maybe except for the shield supply...