StarMade 0.1616 Infinite Chain Docking

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    HUGE HUGE, HUGE thank you, schema, for allowing infinite chain docking. I'm a huge fan of making my own scaffolding around bases, and around WIP ships, for effect and measuring. Now I can change up and adjust my scaffolds without building it all from scratch! :D Screenshots, SOON.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It worked o_O Thanks, random stranger!
    Im glad to see it helped you, if you find anyone with the same texture issue feel free to share with him the same method i mentioned before.

Ps: Stranger, but not Random
    -Enjoy StarMade.

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    The new rendering algorhytm is troublesome. Parts of the ships, especially at a more crowded base, just do not render visually, even if physically they are solid.

This is not a WIP, this is supposed to be a finished Blackbird. (see the original in community content). The ship is physically there, you can use the blocks if you find them somehow, but it just will not fully render visually.
    so I asked schema about this on skype, got a work around

[17:56:07] Schema: wait i got it
    [17:56:15] Schema: it seems to be caused by the raytrace number
    [17:56:25] Schema: you have 32, and i had 48 so it wasn't happening for me
    [17:56:31] Schema: ill fix that asap
    [17:56:50] Schema: you can meanwhile switch to 48 and tell everyone with the problem about the workaround
    [18:00:11] Schema: already have a fix in works
    [18:00:12] Schema: thank you

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    so I asked schema about this on skype, got a work around

[17:56:07] Schema: wait i got it
    [17:56:15] Schema: it seems to be caused by the raytrace number
    [17:56:25] Schema: you have 32, and i had 48 so it wasn't happening for me
    [17:56:31] Schema: ill fix that asap
    [17:56:50] Schema: you can meanwhile switch to 48 and tell everyone with the problem about the workaround
    [18:00:11] Schema: already have a fix in works
    [18:00:12] Schema: thank you
    Thanks Rimmer, now it's confirmed.

There's another weird thing going on. When I spawn after logging on, I don't spawn at my logoff location, instead several blocks under it, usually resulting in me finding myself outside whatever entity I was inside when I logged out. It bothers me to no end.

Reaction score
    Hold on a sec...

Black light? What does that do, make the room darker? WTF?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Hold on a sec...

Black light? What does that do, make the room darker? WTF?
    Haven't you ever seen a black light? They make certain colors glow a purplish color.

Reaction score
    Haven't you ever seen a black light? They make certain colors glow a purplish color.
    Yeah, I noticed that when I placed it and went 'oooh, BLACK LIGHT' And then I felt a bit thick.

But what use does a UV light have in this game? New feature?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Yeah, I noticed that when I placed it and went 'oooh, BLACK LIGHT' And then I felt a bit thick.

But what use does a UV light have in this game? New feature?
    From what I can tell, all it does ingame is cast a UV style colour, but has no effect on blocks other than that.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Night Club ship. That's all I have to say on the matter.
    Or a *cough* recreational station, if you know what I mean. Red light section, black light section etc :P Seriously, why no one submitted a party station in the Neutral section of the contest?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    schema is an excellent game developer

next up on the build list:

now you can actually build it module by module :)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just wanted to pop in and say two things:
    1. Thanks for the chain docking upgrade! I no longer have to do a fancy dance to manage the small turreted ship docking to the larger ship docking to the station. (Guess maybe I don't need the remote-undock button any more though.)
    2. The damage debris is awesomely weird. It's not just a visual illusion, you can actually knock it around and stuff... :D

Reaction score
    No thread for the newest update, I'm hoping this is the right place to post this.

I noticed in the most recent (0.1617) update, the original factories have been removed. I guess that was to be expected, but this has left a few holes in crafting:
    • Turning corners/wedges/etc back into standard hull
    • Turning hard hull into normal hull
    • PAINT (and washing back to grey)
    The first two may not makes sense to add back in, I'm not sure, but it would be really nice to be able to use paint, so that we don't have to create a new block if we already have tons of another color sitting around.

Also, has the power usage of factories been changed? I carefully determined that factories & enhancers use 500 power each cycle, and sized my setup accordingly (173 total factory and enhancer units, 86500 power per cycle). I created a power system for my WIP station of 154000 capacity, with 36000 e/sec recharge, so I could almost double the size of the factory if I needed to. I haven't increased the size, but since the update, the factory has been running out of power.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Why would you want to turn hardened hull into normal hull? You do know there is paint, right? And why would you turn hull into partial hull if you're not planning to use it? (Ok, maybe that should be added, like a new factory called the reverser that can turn it back into hull). I don't know about the power usage though.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    No thread for the newest update, I'm hoping this is the right place to post this.

I noticed in the most recent (0.1617) update, the original factories have been removed. I guess that was to be expected, but this has left a few holes in crafting:
    • Turning corners/wedges/etc back into standard hull
    • Turning hard hull into normal hull
    • PAINT (and washing back to grey)
    The first two may not makes sense to add back in, I'm not sure, but it would be really nice to be able to use paint, so that we don't have to create a new block if we already have tons of another color sitting around.

Also, has the power usage of factories been changed? I carefully determined that factories & enhancers use 500 power each cycle, and sized my setup accordingly (173 total factory and enhancer units, 86500 power per cycle). I created a power system for my WIP station of 154000 capacity, with 36000 e/sec recharge, so I could almost double the size of the factory if I needed to. I haven't increased the size, but since the update, the factory has been running out of power.
    You can use the Macro Assemblers for that, just select "Use slot recipe" when changing production, and put in your hull conversion recipe.

Reaction score
    Yes, I know there is paint. Sorry, I should have expanded on that. What I meant was, with the removal of the old factories, you can't use the recipes for painting a hull that you can buy from the shop, so therefor there is no way to use paint.

Thanks @Matt_Bradock, that's exactly what I was looking for. That makes sense too, I wondered why the drop down said that before you selected a recipe.