StarMade 0.1616 Infinite Chain Docking

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The new rendering algorhytm is troublesome. Parts of the ships, especially at a more crowded base, just do not render visually, even if physically they are solid.

This is not a WIP, this is supposed to be a finished Blackbird. (see the original in community content). The ship is physically there, you can use the blocks if you find them somehow, but it just will not fully render visually.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    No joke shadow optimizations! Shadows went from 20-30 FPS on my system to 70-80 at full 256bit.

New universe generation and FTL actually on the drawing board?! "Soon" I hope ;)

Schema I'm going to Europe next year, what is your address so I can throw hand fulls of dollars at you in person. They will be American dollars however... so hopefully the exchange rate swings in your favor...

This has been a very good summer overall for StarMade! New planets, New weapons, New crafting, Shrapnel, Shadows, Custom Stations, and a bunch of little features and fixes here and there.

You've done great work in the last few months "Schema and friends" There are many members of the community that GREATLY appreciate it!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Infinite Chain Docking:eek::oops::p:D

i can finally build gundams:rolleyes:

Reaction score
    Well, this is awesome. Looking forward to the coming updates especially, as sector (both star sector and the smaller versions) transitioning is so...irksome. But don't rush it!

Make sure it is as bug-free as is possible. Creating a great game is the priority, after all (I'm sure people will agree, it's already pretty great, but it has SO MUCH POTENTIAL TO GO EVEN FARTHER!!!).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had the same issue with the Textures not showing on 64/128 pixels packs, i tryed almost every options mix to try make a work around the bug but it just seems undefeatable from my position.

-But there's no need to panic gentlemen, problems block the road from time to time, just wait n assist if possible until the HotFix is created to save our day.

Reaction score
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the universe generation is centered around star systems of condensed clusters where a lot is going on with very large empty spaces between these star systems that demand FTL

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    ultra shadows have no difference in fps for me
    i hate my computer

takethispie

Titan-class builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I have the same issue (texture not showing) and I think I may have found a temporary solution but not sure:
    launch the game with lightning quality 16 then exit and launch the game again but with lighting quality 256 this time , move around and see if it works ^^
    (I have shadows off)

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm i just stupid or is there no new file under files.star-made.org/build/?
    I can't download new versions with the launcher since the 0.15 update (I get the "Critical Error: CheckSumFailedException(...)") which hasn't been a big problem because i downloaded every version manually. But this doesn't work now because there is no new version under star-made.org/build/.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    @Master1398 , try deleting everything but your worlds (you need to back them up for obvious reasons), and download the launcher again.

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    @Master1398 , try deleting everything but your worlds (you need to back them up for obvious reasons), and download the launcher again.
    Already tried this many times befor. I even deleted my whole StarMade folder once. Didn't helped at all :(

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, at this current state of the game I'm unable to play. I simply can't find the core in my ship because it refuses to visually render. Tried changing texture packs, resolution, raytrace, VBO bulk, filters... nothing works, so I have to think it is due to the new rendering algorhytm. Waiting for hotfix.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    It works fine for me. It could also be that I didn't build a large enough ship to notce anything (the ship I built had a mass of 0.7).
    Something else: The shadow optimisations are brilliant! I can now run starmade with almost max graphic settings! (Antialias still doesn't like my pc).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh, i just got illuminated with a Temporal* Fix to the missing textures bug by a player (sorry i forgot ur name if u read this remind me)
    -You have to change your "Lightning Quality" settting to 64 before starting the game.
    Hope it helps all of you who had this problem so you can continue enjoying StarMade.
    -Greetings!