StarMade 0.1595 Display Blocks

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    yay now all we need is a teleportation system XD
    ^ This, more interactable things in Astronaut-Mode [sitable blocks for decoration] and the bit of text underneath this part are what we need!

And a "few little" additions to the current NPC's:
    If a admin spawn one with /spawn_creature he is already able to rename him after he hired him which only works if he is inside of the admins faction which again can be done via /faction_set_entity.
    Why not add some parameters to the /spawn_creature command like NAME and maybe FACTION_ID or preset the BEHAVIOUR (roam/idle/etc.) of that spawned NPC. Maybe a optional MOOD (friendly/neutral/aggresive)? Even a INVULNERABLE (true/false) or HEALTH instead would be nice to see. As it is planed (or was this screwed :( ?): A parameter to load certain things (text, quests, if crewmembers can be hired at this NPC, etc.) from a lua file would be awesome! (see examples below)

By the way: The pathfinding of a roaming NPC is bugged (at least it makes no sense). The NPC always trys to get out of a structure which is even worse when he is in gravity of it (runnig towards walls and permanent jumping after a certain time he failed to get out of the structure)
    What also would be a nice addition to NPC's: I somewhere saw something like this: Someone suggested a function that allows someone to upload a skinfile for all of his Crewmembers. My suggestion would be that one(admin) is able to upload a skin for a certain NPC.
    Example​
    PlayerDave runs the following command: /spawn_creature schema :D -2 roam neutral true NPC-schema
    Now PlayerDave has a NPC roaming inside of his station/ship who is part of the Trading Guild, can´t be harmed and also does fight back if he is attacked. His name is schema. Luckily, PlayerDave uploaded schema.smskin to the server. NPC-schema now uses that schema.smskin instead of the regular playertex.png. He also uses the lua-script NPC-schema which was also uploaded by PlayerDave. Now NPC schema says the following
    "Hello players, "
    "I´m schema, one of the gratets videogame developers of the known universe!"
    "You will probably encounter me in one or another way as you are a fan of my game StarMade."
    "I work really hard to create a game that on the one hand is what i ever dreamed of to make and"
    "on the other hand my beloved and awesome community enjoys to play!"
    "While i am priciple have nothing against you playing the game, i will respond if you shoot at me"..
    "as i´m just a NPC inside of my own game, talking to you. But don't worry:"
    "i won't be mad at you for long should you survive. ;)"
    " "
    " Thanks for playing StarMade,"
    "- schema"
    and the player can hire other NPC when he talks to schema just like he would be a regular Trading Guild trader.

Need another example?​
    Player MEFan decided to rebuild the Universe of "MassEffect" on his server. He has everything done but he wants to have a Commander Shepard NPC at the spawn. So he does: /spawn_creature Cmd.Shepard -5* idle neutral true NPC-Broshep (*See my signature for this)
    Now MEFan has a NPC called Cmd.Shepard who just stays where he spawned except he´s getting attacked because he´ll fight back then.
    MEFan also uploaded the Commander Shepard skin made by AnnaShade017 to his server and called it CmD.Shepard.smskin. Therefor his newly created NPC uses this and he looks just like Commander Shepard. The NPC-Broshep lua script just tells the player about Shepards adventures and he gives him quests (By the way: When are they getting implemented? Or if they can be done already: How to create them?)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Matt_Bradock
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    To Calibri, is the power requirements for thrust supposed to be extremely high? One of my ships has 10k thrust using 200k+ e/sec, and another ship with 30k thrust using 1.1mil+ e/sec.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey schema can you add a on/off mode to power regen, and shield regen that can be started via logic/structure tab/ or "R" button?

Last edited by a moderator: