StarMade 0.151 (fixes)

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    william.brack
    A good example is that the Bobby AI unit does not control pirates. Pirates use a different script set all together, same with the trading guild shipments. The default ship, Isanth-VI, doesn't have a Bobby AI block on it. So how would an NPC pirate use it?
    Bobby ai and pirate ai is the same, it is just that pirates are by default hostile and do not require the block. When facing an enemy faction with bobby ai they behave the same as pirates for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Bobby ai and pirate ai is the same, it is just that pirates are by default hostile and do not require the block. When facing an enemy faction with bobby ai they behave the same as pirates for example.
    The key difference is that Pirates wander between sectors by default, unlike BOBBY Ai which do not and cannot. Trading Guild ships travel between sectors that have a shop in them. When either of these detect no hostiles in range, they go back to wandering (something BOBBY AI can not be programmed to do). While they all act the same in combat, this does not make them the same thing. Fallacy of composition;
    when one infers that something is true of the whole from the fact that it is true of some part of the whole.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The key difference is that Pirates wander between sectors by default, unlike BOBBY Ai which do not and cannot. Trading Guild ships travel between sectors that have a shop in them. When either of these detect no hostiles in range, they go back to wandering (something BOBBY AI can not be programmed to do). While they all act the same in combat, this does not make them the same thing. Fallacy of composition;
    when one infers that something is true of the whole from the fact that it is true of some part of the whole.
    yeah that's right, but just so you know this is not theory of knowledge forum this is starmade

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    yeah that's right, but just so you know this is not theory of knowledge forum this is starmade
    Hahaha, I know. Sometimes I have too much time and go browsing the forums, and then come across a post that I feel is incorrect or egocentric. It's really bad of me, but I always feel the need to try and bring them down-to-earth. Not always the smartest thing to do in my spare time. :/

Reaction score
    Is it intentional that all the weapons use massively higher amounts of power now. My missile systems on a smallish gunship can only fire one array at a time, totally draining my 130k energy array. Cannons without a cannon subsystem are also insane power hogs. Haven't tried the other subsystems yet.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Is it intentional that all the weapons use massively higher amounts of power now. My missile systems on a smallish gunship can only fire one array at a time, totally draining my 130k energy array. Cannons without a cannon subsystem are also insane power hogs. Haven't tried the other subsystems yet.
    I think it is, basically so it is harder to make op weapons, which makes sense in a way that fights won't be over in just a few seconds, or as soon as the shields are down. Now we need to tactically choose weapons for different tasks. If we want many tasks then we need ai :D

Reaction score
    I think it is, basically so it is harder to make op weapons, which makes sense in a way that fights won't be over in just a few seconds, or as soon as the shields are down. Now we need to tactically choose weapons for different tasks. If we want many tasks then we need ai :D
    The only problem I have with this is that I now have a supercarrier with >1 billion shields. Good luck with knocking those down with anything that ISN'T op. lol. It's not even an issue for the carrier, but for the smaller ships. Even simple cannon arrays take disproportionate amounts of power to run.

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The only problem I have with this is that I now have a supercarrier with >1 billion shields. Good luck with knocking those down with anything that ISN'T op. lol. It's not even an issue for the carrier, but for the smaller ships. Even simple cannon arrays take disproportionate amounts of power to run.
    Mhm, but I'm pretty sure an ion cannon of similar size would be able to take out the shields in a bit of time :D

Reactions: Terraniel
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The most important thing to remember with this update is that it introduces a new game balance, throwing the old one out the window. Shield blocks give so much more shields now, but they also drain a noticable amount of more power.

In my opinion, this is a good thing. It means we can afford to build ships that use significantly less shield blocks, and instead use that room for power generation and storage, as well as new weapon configurations.

Reaction score
    The most important thing to remember with this update is that it introduces a new game balance, throwing the old one out the window. Shield blocks give so much more shields now, but they also drain a noticable amount of more power.

In my opinion, this is a good thing. It means we can afford to build ships that use significantly less shield blocks, and instead use that room for power generation and storage, as well as new weapon configurations.
    using more shields in a ship is not many times reasonable I build a engine room usually for some ships and with that I don't usually make it a decorative room I fill it with power

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    using more shields in a ship is not many times reasonable I build a engine room usually for some ships and with that I don't usually make it a decorative room I fill it with power
    Actually I said we can build ships with less shield blocks, not more. People can build ships however they want, but everyone needs to adjust to the new balance with this update. This will (most likely) mean that people use less shields, and more weapon and power blocks. Some people enjoy making grandiose or interesting interiors, and that's fine - that's always been a thing that people choose to do as opposed to building a ship purely for the stats. It just means that "RP ships" are more slightly viable than they used to be compared to "non-RP ships" from this update.

Reaction score
    Actually I said we can build ships with less shield blocks, not more. People can build ships however they want, but everyone needs to adjust to the new balance with this update. This will (most likely) mean that people use less shields, and more weapon and power blocks. Some people enjoy making grandiose or interesting interiors, and that's fine - that's always been a thing that people choose to do as opposed to building a ship purely for the stats. It just means that "RP ships" are more slightly viable than they used to be compared to "non-RP ships" from this update.
    that makes more sense but what if your going into war you need to balance all three not to mention the thruster but also the new physics update with when you crash you could lose all there from a crash

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    that makes more sense but what if your going into war you need to balance all three not to mention the thruster but also the new physics update with when you crash you could lose all there from a crash
    If you're looking into the combat aspects of the game, then you would build a ship with the combat aspects in mind and not worry about interiors. And (as far as I know) there has been no new physics update, but there has been a server.config option to turn on or off collision damage for quite a while now. Most players and servers turn this off, because it's a bit troublesome in it's current state.

Reaction score
    The ne
    If you're looking into the combat aspects of the game, then you would build a ship with the combat aspects in mind and not worry about interiors. And (as far as I know) there has been no new physics update, but there has been a server.config option to turn on or off collision damage for quite a while now. Most players and servers turn this off, because it's a bit troublesome in it's current state.
    w Phisics update is were blocks fly off ships that hit others

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The ne

w Phisics update is were blocks fly off ships that hit others
    That's another server.config option that's been around for a while, block breakoff. It's also usually disbaled due to it's tendency to cause massive lag. Unless a server has both block breakoff and collision damage turned on, there should be no problem.

Reaction score
    That's another server.config option that's been around for a while, block breakoff. It's also usually disbaled due to it's tendency to cause massive lag. Unless a server has both block breakoff and collision damage turned on, there should be no problem.
    Wher has that been