StarMade 0.0944: Chain Docking, Balance, Fixes

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I can see an easy way of dealing with these shotguns. place a small reload time for each gun (AMC array) connected to a weapons computer.

example:
    2 arrays = 0.1% more reload Time
    20 arrays = 1% more reload Time
    200 = 10%

So more arrays = more reload time betwen shots

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    While I welcome the AMC fire rate going down as more blocks are stacked in the same group, I DO NOT welcome that the damage does NOT go up. In fact, it is a little lower (Personal test: AMC group, 422 damage, 105.2 reload pre-patch, 421.8 damage, 151.1 reload post-patch) for the same group. The goal should have been the DPS scaling remaining intact while fire rate decreases... not just a simple fire rate nerf.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    i don\'t like the fact that tiny fighters regenerate their shields in 1-2 seconds after they are out. Combined with their maneuveralbility it\'s almost impossible to have a quick dogfight :I

Reaction score
    The invulnerability of the home base planet of a faction, it isn\'t transferred through the chain docking.

Reaction score
    I am really impressed with you as a developer. You communicate constantly with the community, update your game constantly, and even after all that hard work you manage to thank me for playing StarMade at every turn!

I LOVE StarMade so far bro. Love it. My friends are all playing on my server now and we are in love. The platform you have created is so fun. Building ships, fighting pirates, mining ore... It is all so much fun! I can\'t wait to see the Steam release as it will be an insta-buy from me and all my friends.

Keep up the good work. You are bringing hours upon hours of fun to me and my friends. For every hour of effort you put into the game there are tons of players who will receive hours of enjoyment. I look forward to seeing what you put out next. Each update seems to solidify and enhance the already amazing foundation you have in place.

Thank you for making StarMade.

Fifthdread

I am really impressed with you as a developer. You communicate constantly with the community, update your game constantly, and even after all that hard work you manage to thank me for playing StarMade at every turn!

I LOVE StarMade so far bro. Love it. My friends are all playing on my server now and we are in love. The platform you have created is so fun. Building ships, fighting pirates, mining ore... It is all so much fun! I can\'t wait to see the Steam release as it will be an insta-buy from me and all my friends.

Keep up the good work. You are bringing hours upon hours of fun to me and my friends. For every hour of effort you put into the game there are tons of players who will receive hours of enjoyment. I look forward to seeing what you put out next. Each update seems to solidify and enhance the already amazing foundation you have in place.

Thank you for making StarMade.

Fifthdread

Reaction score
    I keep getting lag when placing blocks out side of a build mode. Also it takes a few seconds for a plex door to close or open when it should be instant. anyone else get these.

I \'ve had bugs of everything undocking and mass teleportations a couple of times, but no logs to go with them so eh.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    None of my plex doors will connect and can only be operated one block at a time

I cannot dock any ships onto my station

I\'m getting constant console spam \"Cannot validate docking yet, because enhancers aren\'t fully loaded\" even though everything in the sector is in fact loaded.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    A server restart seems to have fixed these issues, the server seems to have been stuck in a loop and was not proccessing any requests.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Small AMC arrays have been nerfed incredibly hard in that they take exponentially more energy per block per group. Using them on any ship that has reached the soft cap on energy regen will cripple you enough that you can only fire a few arrays at a time. It is much better to have the versatility, range, and undodgeability (If that\'s even a word) of a smaller amount of larger cannons on any mid-large ship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Is there a fix for the problem with collisions in ships? I find that when I am in any of my larger ships with gravity, I suddenly find myself teleported away from the ship. I think it\'s a problem with the collision rules, teleporting me away even if I\'m not stuck at all. It happens waaaay too often. And then other times I\'m suddenly stuck inside another block (in astronaut mode), and it refuses to teleport me away.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Could you have it when we add more AMC blocks or take away the settings stay the same cause they reset if you add or remove them so could you set the settings to just that computer? This would really help thanks schema.

Reaction score
    Instead of debuffing the groups of AMCs unecessarily, just remove the equation in larger AMC arrays that makes larger guns less effiecient the bigger they get. This balances AMCs because even though larger guns are now more efficient, multiple arrays are required for efficient block breaking, otherwise it takes a long time destroying objects one block at a time.

Reaction score
    Space Engineers competes quite well, acting like a mix of starmade and kerbal space program, and has utterly beautiful graphics. The down side of it is that even for very early alpha access, you still need to pay $15 and it kills my computer which runs starmade at over 100 fps on ridiculously high settings.