StarMade 0.09398

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

since there were no problems with the build reported, I'm going to release it as is, to not risk adding bugs by adding additional changes.

Here is the full changelog:

- fixed server shutdown freeze on machines without graphics (linux servers)
    - added debug broadcast and log friendly entry when a sector is lagging (to be able to isolate the issue)
    - fixed crash when having used cubatom panel (and then someone uploads a texture which causes a graphics error check (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)
    - improved instantiation of new network objects (caching constructors)
    - added more saved information for each update to retrace network data that was sent in case of an error
    - improved segment signature encoding to be 20% of the size it was before (timestamp and info the server sends before client is requesting the real data)
    - added admin command to enable god mode for player (/god_mode playername true/false)
    - added admin command to enable invisibility mode for player (/invisibility_mode playername true/false) (only applied to astronaut)
    - added relative projectile and missile speed for default max speeds faster then 50km/h (percentage gained). Can be deactivated in server.cfg
    - AI is now able to shoot fire and forget missiles
    - server cfg option for AI aiming accuracy
    - AI will no longer target entities in sectors that have the protected or peace flag
    - Server cfg option to prohibit local blueprint uploading
    - Improved the regular expression for navpoint input. The folowing is now valid:
    "input" -> (Result Sector)
    "1 2 3" -> (1, 2, 3)
    "-12 2 3" -> (-12, 2, 3)
    "-12 2 -343" -> (-12, 2, -343)
    "-012 2 -343" -> (-12, 2, -343)
    "012 2 -343" -> (12, 2, -343)
    "012, 2, -343" -> (12, 2, -343)
    "012, 2, -0343" -> (12, 2, -343)
    "012, . - 2, . -343" -> (12, -2, -343)
    "1.-2.33" -> (1, -2, 33)
    - added faction docking
    - fixed physics lag
    - improved general physics scalability and performance
    - changed server config relative speed for projectiles to a general multiplier

For people that are getting a GLException sometimes when players join the game: The crash is triggered at that point but the error has happened already way before that probably. If you get the error, please report what menus you were in (shop, cubatom, inventory, etc, as well as advanced build mode).

If your server is still crashing (cor3y), please send in a report directly from the server (the report tool can be used without GUI). I'll try to fix it asap.

thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    I am glad that you are very active in fixing those bugs! Thanks for the amazing game.

Pholopalus

あなたは笑う、あなたは失う
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    NASS has been having fun and crashing ships into planets, we\'re experiencing almost no lag even with 1.8 million block ships ramming into planets. 2.4 million block ships still seem to lag the server though!

Overall great work!

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    whenever i get close to my ship that has like 20 turrets on it my game lags alot. perhaps theres still some bugs when there is a lot of ships close by

Reaction score
    Hey schema.

I love you ... <3 <3 <3

Thank you so much ... for this Update ... awesome

Improvements everywhere!!!

Cheers

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Cor3y, not sure that\'s the report / log Schema was asking for.

Reaction score
    Hi schema.

The improvements dont fix linux servers.

Still crashing 3times in one hour. :(

I sent you allready many CrashAndBugReports.

Cheers

Reaction score
    What do you mean when you say \"added faction docking\" and how is it different from what we currently have?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello! Awesome update! Thanks, Schema. :)

I\'m not seeing the config options for these items, though:

• \"Server cfg option to prohibit local blueprint uploading\"
    • \"Server cfg option for AI aiming accuracy\"
    • \"Added relative projectile and missile speed for default max speeds faster then 50km/h (percentage gained). Can be deactivated in server.cfg\"

Just me? Anyone else not seeing these?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Everything ok here.

PROJECTILES_ADDITIVE_VELOCITY = true //initial projectile speed depend on relative linear velocity of object fired from
    PROJECTILES_VELOCITY_MULTIPLIER = 1.0 //multiplicator for projectile velocity
    ALLOW_UPLOAD_FROM_LOCAL_BLUEPRINTS = true //enables clients being able to upload their pre-build-blueprints to the server
    AI_WEAPON_AIMING_ACCURACY = 10 //how accurate the AI aims (the higher the value the more accurate vs distance. 10 = about 99% accuracy at 10m)

Reaction score
    thank you for the update and nice subtle logo change Schema :) just noticed it. pointy :D

Reaction score
    cant download it, tried to do it by downloading it but it wasnt on the build list.

Reaction score
    If you guys don\'t mind, try changing the value for \"AI_WEAPON_AIMING_ACCURACY = #\"

No matter what I change it too, the AI accuracy doesn\'t change. It\'s laser accurate no matter how low or high I make the value.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Since you did all those things with the navigation when you hit P and select a sector could we get a waypoint to go there or like when we click on the shop or station in the map could we get a waypoint? This would make traveling really cool!