StarMade 0.09395

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

sorry for making it short (I have to be somewhere)

Here is the changelog:

- fixed faction chat and pm
    - fixed cut off names in faction chat
    - fixed bug that caused larger docked ships to sink into the dock (the function that was in place didn't load the necessary value)
    - fixed docking size for fixed-docking
    - added docking dimension for docked ship build mode
    - docking should be more logical and robust now
    - empty region writing no longer mapped (hopefully helps with the saving bug) [for that bug I need more information since it may result from the OS behaviour with allocated byte buffers]

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Idk if you have know this but i think i have found one of the most inportent bugs to fix atm at lets that bug existed in the last patch. linked weapons makes big ammount of fps drops after a special ammount and this i found out when i was building my ship when i logg on i have my stable 2000 fps after 5 mins im down on 12 fps thanks of all my weapons linked. so i unlinked my weapons and all my fps is back. Just so you know if you havent fix that bug yet

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I\'ll have a workaround for that soon. Meanwhile you can turn off the wobble in the settings.cfg which should prevent fps drop in build mode

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    All turrets that were docked to a module facing downwards are disconnected and can\'t reconnect to the module. Error message is \"docking area too small\" but in fact, they now only accept turrets that have their core ON TOP of them to dock. When trying to dock with a turret made like that, docking happens, but the turret still doesn\'t align its core with the module, leaving it exposed on the other side...

CAREFUL BEFORE UPDATING TO THE LAST 2 PATCHES!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    thank you, dont need an server-reset again after build 0.093932 fuqqs our server up

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    its recommendet make the game self and not your 5 doughter (I know you don\'t have one)

Reaction score
    As Matt_Bradock says, the issue with turret docking from the previous patch doesn\'t seem to have been resolved. It\'s still impossible to dock on the sides and bottom of a ship, even when using docking enhancements to make a dockzone that is much larger than the turret. My current ship is looking more like a hugeass red cross at the moment :p.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi schema me again.

I found 1 more bug and that is that when i make my antimatter cannons output to current after i relogg or change sector this is not longer put there i put it to anymore. It\'s kind of pissing me of becouse its so many guns and i dont got a accses way to them so i can be fixing it all the time. maybe something to look into.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    try to redock those. I tested it with different shapes and I didn\'t have any problems (turret and fixed docking)

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It\'s not the shapes, it\'s the direction the dockin module is facing. Modules facing the side or the bottom of the object they are placed on, can\'t accept turrets that have their cores at their bottom (as you\'d usually construct a turret). Instead, for example, downward facing turret docking modules only accept turrets that were built with their core on the top side, left facing modules only accept turrets with the core on the right side etc. Turning the turret before docking doesn\'t help.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Found even 1 more bug with the docking box.

i got a docking area that is going though alot of blocks but still is possible to dock with kind of anyoing just letting you know that the box is abit off

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    So, this fixed the problem where I couldn\'t dock anything if it the dock wasn\'t facing upwards. Now I can, but I ran on something else. Hoewever, I\'va discovered something else.

I\'m not sure if it was a bug (I think it was), but up to now I could place one extra layer below the core of a turret (except directly under the dock), and it would still dock. Now it prevents me from docking it completely, and gives me a \"Docking Space too Small\" message with a \"General Notice\" saying that I can\'t place blocks below the core. Again, I think this is actually how it was supposed to be from the start, but honestly, I would prefer to keep the old way. Most of time my turrets are pointing somewere upwards, and that leaves the core completely exposed. With the extra layer, I could at least give a small extra protection to the turret, allowing it to last a bit more (they have pretty weak shields). And it usually looks much better. So, please, give that back.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Also, I forgot to mention, the extra block layer was also something that made manned turrets drastically more possible. The extra layer would be used to not only the door, but also to create a safe passage for the player to go through.

Tanks for listening.

Reaction score
    hmmm, seeing as your doing so much docking stuff, would you mind fixing the suggestion so many people want? multi docking.

infact it would be awesome:

cant have more then 20-40 docked items on the docked ship

i made a \"mech\" lately with 2 turret arms, i hate putting it in a hangar so i thought that would be nice, i took arms off though but they were cool so i could park on top of a shop and jump into arm and look around a little.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    is it just impression or did docks just get buffed a LOT?

I started in my game, and suddenly all my docks are several times bigger than before.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Anyone who\'s docking space isn\'t recalculated, you may need to remove and re-add a docking enhancer on an existing dock on your ship. I did that with mine and ALL of the docks immediately recalculated. Otherwise docks seem to be working much better for me now. Enhancers are being calculated properly, size checks are working better, and turrets are working as intended without being overpowered. I personally feel that allowing the core to be completely covered on a turret just overpowers them. Turrets have to have SOME weakness. These are automated and potentially powerful guns that you can coat your ship with, requiring little to no pilot skill for kills. Turrets do not require thrusters either, so power management on them is incredibly easy, even with potent onboard shields. They are also relatively cheap in the perspective of the game, so re-buying destroyed turrets is not difficult.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I personally feel that allowing the core to be completely covered on a turret just overpowers them.

They never were completely covered. Usually the most would be a single hull block (and everyone knows how easy they are to take out), since anything more than 2 blocks away makes zero difference once the turret is aiming up.