StarMade 0.093941: Next one

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

Thanks to all who tested the last pre build.

here is the release for the new version with some more fixes:

- fixed crash when switching to sprite style blocks from advanced orientation
    - inserted debug stuff for possible invalid operation somewhere in the pipeline
    - fixed damage texture on blocks (also fixes shader crash on some machines)
    - added serverlog for a more user friendly filtered log output
    - fix for docking area bug (dimension were not applied to the orientation)
    - fixed bug where bounding box was not updated on empty segment
    - fixed bug where client bounding box wouldn't update
    - fixed lag when placing first block or removing last block in a new segment. Directly enqueuing lighting/draw update

New since the last pre-build:
    - fixed bug where skin file would upload every time to a server that already has that file when the user visits another server or plays single player inbetween
    - fixed player character rotation under gravity
    - fixed synch issue where astronauts in gravity would be displaced by a lot and glitch for players that login when the other player already is in (activated) gravity
    - apparently the database closing routine didn't fire, which caused the database to always be in a "semi open" state, which could lead to missing ships (in rare cases). Furthermore, the start of a server will now be faster
    - added G_USE_TEXTURE_ARRAYS to settings.cfg to work around texture bug on some graphics drivers
    - avoiding server freeze/physics excpetion by catching it before it happens. Debug output to catch the source of the problem in place
    - new thread running that will check if the server is still updating, and if not put out a thread dump to improve the possibility to find the source bug by a lot

I hope the game is getting more and more stable. For those who have startup errors (shader) that had the game running fine before: please send in a report, and tell me the first few letters of the email used here in the comments. I'll do my best to fix it asap, when I get my hands on a report.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    Thumbs up. Keep em coming.. Im glad that bug fixes are coming so regularly.

However I am too excited for new features.

Keep up the good work

^first

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Thank you Schema for your great work. I\'m glad that you making this game more stable. Really appreciate that more than new blocks and features ;]

Any unplaned hotfixes? xD

jk :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    \"- avoiding server freeze/physics excpetion by catching it before it happens. Debug output to catch the source of the problem in place\"

Is this related to server crashing when AI ships have turrets? Pardon if it\'s not at all related to that, but it\'s the biggest issue I\'ve had with the game so far, and I\'m excited to be able to fight big ships with turrets on them.

I love seeing all of these updates though, thanks for making such a great game! <3

Reaction score
    Before this update side and bottom mounted turrets could fit on the same pads as top mounted ones now all I get are docking area is to small for side and bottom... what gives.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Do missiles work with the relative velocity setting yet?

If not, don\'t sweat it. You\'re doing great with all of these other updates.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Bottom and Side Turrets either need super large Boxes or can dock at all. I have a 5x6x8 Turret and cant seem to fit it into a dock 3times its visual size (and yes, i am using faction units etc correctly)

Reaction score
    My side and bottom mounted turrets are not fitting at all in comparason to my top mounted turrets.

I tried expanding the non-fitting turrets to the point where the bounding box was twice the size but I get the same error message saying the target is not compatable because it is to small.

The turrets were working in the previous build and now they are not.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    damn it, side and bottom turrets undocking...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for the update Schema! This is the first time I\'ve participated in an Alpha, but I\'m really happy with you as a developer of a game I really enjoy!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So how does the new docking area work now? Does the dokcing area take into account things such as ship core positioning as well, of just any orientations that would make the ship fit into area?

One of the problems I\'ve found is when I make a large x by x area, with the docking module right in the center, only to have the ship not fit because ship core is located at the front or the back of the ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    It\'s not working, it\'s broken, only top docking ports working now...

Reaction score
    Came here to see if the docking was bugged for anyone else. Apparently so. Can\'t dock anything on the side.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    You released to soon, Schema, to soon, at least should be 3 day of prebuild testing until release...

We need fast hotfix now, because /pm and /f commands doesn\'t work, docking ports bugged as hell...

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I\'ll look into it. I got reports that docking was working from the pre build. apparently not :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Smaller turret docking ports works fine, but problem occurs with bigger ones.

Also there is some problem with faction permission block because it is not working anymore.