StarMade 0.09392: Exploits

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

this update takes care of some exploits that some players were starting to use to grief.

Thank you all for testing the pre-release. From what I've gathered there are no game breakers atm.

Hotfix #1: fixed bug where new anti-exploit function would forbid to take control legitimately. Ghost players showing up in ships are now gone.

Hotfix #2: fixed bug from hotfix #1 (sorry :( )

Exploits

There was a possibility to take control of ships from the client, and also discard a kick with a hacked client. Control is now double checked on server. Kicking now severs the direction even without the client answering.

Re-Naming and Spaces

Structure names can now contain spaces. You can also no rename any structure by placing down a faction block, declare it as a faction object. Activating the block again will give the "rename" option.

Other fixes

- cleaned up death routine and control units
    - kicking now immediately disconnects client after kick command has been sent (fixes anti-kick exploit)
    - fixed bug that would cause lasers not to hit astronauts in certain situations (callback had wrong meta data)
    - fixed player directions
    - added admin command to issue debug routines to enhance log output (to specifically debug certain objects)
    - extra check on server to prevent players from using a hacked client to take control of structures
    - extra check when blocks are placed to prevent missuse
    - player object changes checks on server if the changes came from the right client, and will report otherwise (attempt to control another player)
    - improved memory scalability for bigger structures
    - structure names can now contain spaces
    - structure names can now be changed with the faction module
    - fixed texture array fallback (crash on startup for some graphics cards)

New fixes since the pre-release

- fixed crash on suicide
    - fixed lighting of block bottom face
    - fixed initial position of build mode to where the object was entered
    - fixed crash in build block build-mode
    - fixed "preview block" being used when it's off in the options
    - added frustum & distance culling to buildmode wobble boxes to increase performance in high numbers
    - advanced build mode mass placement will now check for each block if it has enough space to be placed
    - added debug mode to trace corruption (versioned backup of every raw file before writing)

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    i HOPE this is now finally fixed. I already fixed it once and it came back.

Btw you now have to activate \"block preview\" in the options to get the visible block type you are placing in build mode.

Reaction score
    All servers admins from the official servers list has received an email so that they are aware of the availability of this update

Reaction score
    any idea if we\'ll ever get more than 10x advanced build mode sizes? (for the larger builds :P )

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The launcher never suggested an update, so I reinstalled the game and I was still unable to enter the game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    http://prntscr.com/1ozej2 I\'v updated everything and even reinstalled java. Please help?

Reaction score
    theirs exploits that are bugs and i have it on evrey game and it makes stuff super easy cuz im a modder and not a hacker and i can do it by lower my inernet connect by an app on my computer and those exploits are permenent

Reaction score
    does this mean that star made 1.0 is next and it will cost money to play it?

Reaction score
    Continuing to build on and change names of ships is a major help, as is being able to use REAL SPACES instead of_the_awkward_underscore! Keep it up!

Reaction score
    Hey there. The updater continually gripes about checksum errors the past few days.

Seems the mirrors have bad copies, or somethign is goofed with the checksum

Reaction score
    Any chance we can get sliders to adjust the 10x10x10 thing instead of buttons?