StarMade 0.0939: Personal Shops

Reaction score
    yes, we need chain docking, though a limit, so its not turret docked on turret docked on turret docked on turret, but turret docked on mothership and 50 more.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Played the game fine last night with no problem but after I updated to this version the game has been telling me to update my graphics card driver after I already updated it.

So, I deleted the starmade starter icon on my desktop screen and then redownloaded it in hopes that it would fix something but only made things extremely worse: it deleted everything on my Hamachi server I run. However, I only deleted the starter icon not the actual Star Made folder so if anyone could help me out on how to restore everything that would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I found that if you have \"preview block\" option on, entering a build block will crash. Turn \"preview block\" off in options and it should work.

Reaction score
    I love the idea of player-ran shops, it also gives the economy a lot more meaning!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have a texture pack mod I try to keep updated. My texture files are 256x256 instead of 1024x1024 big, that seemed to give some players a little FPS boost, but I can\'t confirm this by myself. Anyways, with this update I get stuck at 98 or 99% in the loading screen with the texture pack. If I upscale the size to the original it works fine.

The question is, does it make a difference in performance and why can\'t make them smaller anymore?

It\'s not a big deal but I\'m curious why that is.

PS: A bit weird to make decoration block 4 the new shop owner block :)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Lets call this update: \"everything is broken update\" xD But hey, we can run our shops now, shot with pistols, push with pulsars, flip our side turrets and permit strangers to use our docking ports, yay! So much fun now! xD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So oddly enough, I cant take more items from the shop than I could buy normally, even though I am the owner. It wont let me take all the salvage cannons I put in out more than 64 or so at a time. I could reset the price down and take em all out, but thats not the point. The fact is that taking out shop items IS restricted by money of the owner.

Please try to fix, but dont worry about this now, chain docking is waaay more important^

Thanks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi schema I dont think you would have seen my post about the weapons computers not firing after you change to another block because the thread got pushed to the bottom. When you set a weapons computer to fire left for example it will fire fine until you go into another block eg: a cockpit then it will default to firing straight ahead till you log out and in again. Then it will go back to firing in the correct direction, until once again you use any other block.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So it would be nice for some people if I could use the smaller textures again. But I guess I can\'t demand it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    hey schema i love your game, but the last update now makes it impossible to play. i sent in a bug report and your new features are cool and all, but dont sacrifice stability as its killing me not to work on my latest project.

Reaction score
    Yet, on a new server there is a money shortage of epic levels. Players go from shop to shop to sell goods, and get credits, leaving nearly all shops of the server without money,

Unless the shop is loaded in memory, they dont get refilled with cash.

So 0 money on a new server.

Reaction score
    What\'s this awesome new admin blueprint command you mentioned? What admins REALLY need is just an OP configuration that lets us override the whole catalog limit thing. Also, could you please update these links every time something is added to them?:

http://star-made.org/content/admin-commands

http://star-made.org/wiki/item-ids

Thanks!

Reaction score
    what is it? does it let me import ships even if my users get 0 catalog slots. please fix that. The server admin being restricted to the same in-game settings as the players is really kinda silly :P

Reaction score
    hire more programers and fix the damn game it gets worse and worse each patch