StarMade 0.0939: Personal Shops

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

This update has got a great new feature: Players can now manage their own shops from their space station and their planets.

Hotfix#1:

Sorry, there was a compatibility issue with the new shop feature for old station/planet data.
    The new update should fix it and it should make the stuff reappear. If not please take the data from your backup from before the patch

Personal Shops

The new Shop Module (buy it in the space station category in the normal shops) converts any space station or planet into a shop. Once you place it down the [SHOP] sign will appear in the top right like with normal shops.

Shops have their own ownership data, so the first thing you want to do is to open up the shop panel and press "Edit". Shops can only be edited if you either are an owner, or if there is currently no owner. You can put more owners if you like. Destroying the shop will get rid of all ownership, as well as all items and cash inside it so be sure to either use it on your home base, or have good protection. One good thing is that the position of the module does not matter, so you can hide it deep in your station.

Another new thing is, that prices now can be not only be credits, but also blocks themselves.

If you are the owner of a shop, you can edit the price for every single item: The "edit price" button will appear in the owned shop if you press on an item (under the buy quantity button).

Owner are excepted from the normal "buy/sell" procedure, they can put and take items from the shop 1:1.

Also, shops now have their own credits. While NPC shops will get more money over time to refill, player shops have to be filled with credits for them to be able to give credits for blocks.

Withdrawal/deposit of credits can also be done in the "edit shop" panel.

I hope there won't be too many bugs with this feature, but server admins should please hold on to their backups in case there is an exploit.

Other changes fixes, and features

- fixed crashing build mode with meta item selected
    - fixed change_sector_for command
    - changed scheduled spawning method to load sectors on spawn, which should be more robust. Also easier to spawn into unloaded sector.
    - added admin command to spawn a blueprint anywhere with more options
    - added admin command to set global spawn point (/set_global_spawn)
    - fixed bug where enemies would not be considered enemies by neutrals
    - fixed exporter error to not set initial position of astronaut mesh correctly
    - removed some redundant data being send around for each player
    - fixed head movement with more then one astronaut around
    - added server hit indication (also to debug)
    - changed player orientation setting that might fix some glitches
    - fixed vertex order of buffers
    - optimized cube shader (eliminated all branches in vertex and all but one in fragment shader)

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would be awesome if you could sell ships you build through this system using blueprint data. Require the shop have the blocks on hand required to assemble the ship (maybe check the post-transaction total so the purchaser can pay in the same blocks used to assemble the ship).

Also, a server admin could restrict outside blueprints (or any/all blueprints) to a shop they upkeep to act as a gateway/bottleneck/item-credit sink to the blueprint system and keep it balanced for their server.

And it looks like there\'s a small bug. Selling items to the NPC shop is reporting a negative value in Sell Quantity screen. It does properly grant the correct amount of credits though, so it\'s not like it\'s causing you to lose money for selling items to the NPC shop. I don\'t think it was that way before the update, but I\'m not 100% sure.

Reaction score
    With this new update planets and stations are not spawning. My planet home base is invisible, you can see the atmosphere but no planet? Seems it is happening to other ppl as well...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Aye, the planets don\'t seem to be spawning. You get in close, but there\'s no where to land. Shops spawn, but no stations either.

Reaction score
    And now the economy shall begin in earnest. Watch the classic \"haves and have-nots\" syndrome quickly devour the more cutthroat servers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This. Is. AWESOME! As my factions salvage runner (I eat entire asteriods and space stations for the faction) - I can finally help make the faction some real money! All we need now is some good defenses. Thank you for this addition; this opens a whole new avenue of player interaction.

Reaction score
    Is anyone else still experiencing crashes upon entering a build block? I certainly am :/

Reaction score
    Great work schema, you effectively ruined people\'s ability to get max credits in a matter of hours and cause mayhem. You came up with an excellent solution to the problem of the economy being exploited.

Reaction score
    schema, i have a little suggestion, food

basically to start you get about 20 packets of some random food, which will last 6 hrs of gametime. With this we can make supermarkets!

Reaction score
    Will chain docking be added in soon? its a pain to have to remove all my ships gear just so i can dock the ship and then put the detachable gear on their own docks.