StarMade 0.093865: Small but important fix

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

I'm now trying not to push updates too often, except when there is something critical or a substantial new feature.

This time it's something critical. There was a huge bug in the client's calculating entities near them (in sectors). This caused random glitches of objects appearing/disappearing, physics glitches, laser beams out of nowhere, all the way to client's not being able to move (while still moving for other players).

In addition I also fixed docking blocks for the faction permission block. I'm aware that the "connect" system (like weapons) would make more sense, but there are a few scalability performance problems with that approach. I cannot describe them in detail right now.

Furthermore there are some minor fixes like space stations reappearing after being deleted.

The lag compensation correction has been increased a little to be more accurate.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    More Power schema, great job on the update. Can\'t wait to test it out, me and my friends are enjoying this game. Hope you read my bug post, item duplication needs to be fixed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So will this fix the issue with missles spawning beneath near the core rather than from the actual weapon output as well?

Reaction score
    I set my AMC and Missles to fire from the side as I have rotated them but they only fire from the front.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i updated and my client says cureent verson 0.0 build undefined should i be worried or something

Reaction score
    just the orientation of the looks, the only difference orentation does is on wedges and docks.

Reaction score
    If you rotate the weapons computer facing in the right direction, then enter the weapons computer you can fire from in that direction. You can\'t fly the ship though.