StarMade 0.09377

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Won\'t it be better to have it only be salvageable when someone is outside it and if someone is in it you can\'t salvage the ship. Because if you spawn a huge ship with super shields and you want to salvage it. Instead of destroying it you will have to break it with another huge ship(causing it to overheat and be salvageable) and which might take a while. On the other hand if you aren\'t on the ship It won\'t be salvagable by other players and won\'t be used as a weapon and while you aren\'t on the ship it will be salvageable by you and other players so You must not go outside it. Also it should only be salvagable by your Faction Only when a faction Module is placed

I hope this may be implemented but i would rather wait for the teleporters to be released first than fixing this salvage cannons :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey,

It look like the update broke any custom change to the server.cfg. Any changes (Max clients, listen_ip, etc...) are reset to default on server startup :/

Any chance you could give this a look ASAP ?

Thanks for your help with this matter,

Cheers,

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Schema, how about for next update, you make corner wedges be able to place sideways.

Reaction score
    If this happens, we should get an overhaul to the rotation system. It\'s hard to get the right orientation when you can only scroll left or right along a circular list of orientations. Would be much better with four arrows that correspond to two axes of rotation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    After the latest update, pirate stations cannot not have their control taken for yourself. Before, you could salvage the faction module and it become neutral, but now it says you have to destroy the module, although it cannot sustain damage, and is thus invincible. Am I missing something?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    are servers tend to crash now? i mean really i managed to log in 2 times in the morning on EU stickypiston and after that whole day \"DisconnectException: You have been disconnected
    from the Server (either connection problem or server crash)
    ActualException: EOFException but pings are stable and around 28 ms

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    With most servers having troubles even being able to run authentication on latest update and no word from any official line i would like to congratulate those servers that are in schemas pocket for geting there \"early fix\" :)

Peace.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Do you happen to be using Linux? I\'m having the same problem, I posted about it here: http://star-made.org/content/linux-server-could-not-read-settings-file-using-defaults

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The modified blueprint detecror, while a good idea, needs a re-think as to the implementation and if there might be better ways.

1. Upload a design somewhere where the settings (e.g. block costs) do not match what they were when you saved the BP. ZOMG A HACKER! Suggest instead verifying that valid existing blocks only were used and then recalc the cost of blueprints on upload and whenever blockconfig on server is changed.

2. Blockconfig on server is changed to rebalance costs. All designs in catalog now have incorrect orices that can be exploited if the detector doesn\'t freak out, and if it did, it would still be calling people hackers who weren\'t. Costs should be be recalculated in this situation.

3. HP of blocks is stored in designs, resulting in block maxhp increases leaving all designs (and existing blocks in the univese) appearing damaged due to not being at the new maxhp. We have not tested the opposite - That is, whether you could set your local blockconfig for 511 maxhp for all, develop designs with that, upload them, see if they came out with that hp on the servers or if the cheaty blueprint detector would pick it up. Even if it did, the ideal behavior, I think, would be to silently correct the hp down to the server\'s maxhp and always store the highest possible maxhp as the hp in blueprints when the hp is maxed on blocks so that they will load with hp=maxhp no matter what.

4. I\'m sure you\'ve already heard from your testers about the \"I buy design, then make change to rezzed object, and it calls me a HACKER!\" bug, or seen the forum threads.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    again> \" DisconnectException: You have been disconnected from the Server (either connection problem or server crash) ActualException: EOFException \" no way to come back to server but server is running some people are in, others cant get back.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    1. that\'s exactly how the detector works. It checks the blueprint price with blocks that have actually spawned on the server. If the price is lower than objects that spawn, the detector triggers (for price differences from blockConfig see 2.).

2. Price differences from different configs are already accounted for. Price is not saved as a pure number, but an array of types plus their counts. That system ensures that the price calculation (as done one server) would result in the right price with amodified config. the hack sets the counts to either that from a cheaper ship by copying the header, or directly edits the header to be 0 count on all types.

3. I can prevent that I think by checking the max hp on the server when a hit happens -> setHp(min(currentHP, maxHP) - damage). I could also check it each time a block is spawned but that would cost perfromance.

4. yes. The problem is probably that the check if a object was modified by hand does not switch off the detector. I\'ll check on that

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I\'m working on a fix (should be done in a few hours). Apparently players are not getting logged out properly and reconnection cause a AlreadyLoggedInException, which on some servers is not flushed out to the client before ending the stream

Reaction score
    Not only that, but somehow players randomly disconnect too, lots of player feedback info on these threads:

http://star-made.org/content/latest-update-breaks-authentication-system

http://star-made.org/content/latest-build-broke-servers