• Councillor Gold
    It doesn't change that the language itself is orwellian as fuck

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    That particular rule has been in place since the beginning; it was modeled after Eve Online's very similar language, and I stand by it.
    Respect Others
    Do not abuse, harass, undermine or threaten others. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • Failing to immediately answer questions from, or follow the instructions of, an Admin.
    And what if the person asked by an admin did not see the message? What if the person is AFK? What if it's not possible for the person to answer the question? and what if it's not possible to follow the instructions?

Why is that rule even Important :u
    I mean sure you need to listen to the admins but this looks like something from a slave camp.

Erth Paradine

Server Admln & Bug Reporter
    Reaction score
    So what you're saying is you have a rule in place AGAINST questioning your leadership... got it.
    No, we have a rule modeled off a much larger MORPG world, and that rule is against unfounded slanderous accusations against leadership; implying. It has always been there. There are many servers which take different approaches, our approach will not satisfy everyone, and we don't expect it to; there are other sandboxes for those players to jump into.

As for further picking apart of StarBit's rules. I encourage StarBits community members to jump onto our forums, express concerns, and their alternative approaches.

edit: added emphasis

Reaction score
    That would be great and all if you didn't IP ban me from said forums immediately after trying to save your server from impending doom.

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Travelers had it this morning. Looks like either they didn't have time to raid the storage or they couldn't find it.
    they dont have any FP
    That would be great and all if you didn't IP ban me from said forums immediately after trying to save your server from impending doom.
    That is very true. You link all this "evidence" but it cannot be read. The argument is flawed if other parties are unable to access it.

ZeroRa

Vaygr Representative
    Reaction score
    All these abusing butt-blistered badmins...

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    If you guys keep teaming up and smearing starmade servers, soon there wont be starmade servers to play on.

pianoknight raised some valid points of concern, lets hear what Erth Paradine has to say about what changes they would be making to prevent situations like these from happening again.

Because stuff did happen, people feel wronged/slighted, so something should be shown as "changed". Then we can debate if it is enough or to little, etc etc.

Reaction score
    If you guys keep teaming up and smearing starmade servers, soon there wont be starmade servers to play on.

pianoknight raised some valid points of concern, lets hear what Erth Paradine has to say about what changes they would be making to prevent situations like these from happening again.

Because stuff did happen, people feel wronged/slighted, so something should be shown as "changed". Then we can debate if it is enough or to little, etc etc.
    Yea, I agree

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Erth Paradine , that is a horrible rule. If no admin is in error, they will be able to explain what happened. Not allowing players to publicly call administrator action into question will simply breed more distrust, whether or not any admin has done anything wrong.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    That particular rule has been in place since the beginning; it was modeled after Eve Online's very similar language, and I stand by it.
    except I dont know, EVE doesnt ban people for "Repeated unprovoked bullying or targeting of specific individuals or groups." PvP is player created content in sandbox games. If your server is listed as PvP then it's generally a bad idea to restrict it, especially in a sandbox game where the only content is player created content. You don't see CCP going around banning goonswarm for repeatedly war decing/ extorting ISK from other corporations do you?

Erth Paradine

Server Admln & Bug Reporter
    Reaction score
    except I dont know, EVE doesnt ban people for "Repeated unprovoked bullying or targeting of specific individuals or groups." PvP is player created content in sandbox games. If your server is listed as PvP then it's generally a bad idea to restrict it, especially in a sandbox game where the only content is player created content. You don't see CCP going around banning goonswarm for repeatedly war decing/ extorting ISK from other corporations do you?
    Your quote is misleading. Our complete rule/line reads (emphasis is mine):
    • Repeated unprovoked bullying or targeting of specific individuals or groups, over a period of time, for minimal material gain.

Moving onto your other point. If goonswarm were doing things to intentionally crash EVE's server cluster, then I have no doubt CCP would step in. That is my underlying point, and the core-basis for most of StarBit's recent bans.

As for exactly how CCP might effect bans, I disagree with your opinion, and so does CCP's suspension and ban policy. Aside from a few high-profile bans, and well published IP-level bans, I have no doubt that other policy enforcements have occurred.

Above-all, StarMade is not EVE, Elite, VO, or any other space-based RPG, but should each StarMade community reinvent the entire wheel? Is it verboten to borrow and integrate ideas and concepts from other RPGs?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Starmade servers are a mess. Course, so is the community, so that figures.

Ouch, that hurts my confidence in EE2
    Also, I dunno if you've ever been on ye olde HSZ or AnarchyButton, but admin fuckery tends to be just Spawning a shit ton of pirates of people screaming for a fight, normally ending in either a reward of corpses, or at worse your ship being replaced. Hell, I remember one incident on HSZ where leanson spawned someone's new stronkest ship and challenged him to defeat a horde of pirates with it. It's the fun kind of admin abuse.

Reaction score
    The homebase was my doing. Erth said everyone in the faction was going to be killed (banned) so I left and brought everything I could with me in hopes that whoever didnt get banned would be able to go with me and still have their stuff.
    Thanks for clearing that situation up for me.

ZeroRa

Vaygr Representative
    Reaction score
    If admins abuse their powers people will leave the server and complain, rightfully so. This is not smearing. The admins did this to themselves. Hopefully the owner can publicly remove the admin from his position then apologize to community.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    You people should take a look at Eldiwyn post about SS as it is far worse. Also to the point of being IP banned from the forums I noticed that certain players had started to post some nasty things that are incredibly childish. Napther You should be aware of the problems that were on the SS server and the reasons on which why lots of people left there as they were far worse than Erth Paradine has ever been. Simple fact is guys if you cannot follow a server rule than you should not be on that server. You all seem to be showing an attitude of a pouty child and it's quite irritating. So learn to grow up and follow the rules of servers as I did on SS and sun-world before it. Also claiming that you are an admin of another server and that your rules are better than the StarBits server's rules is like comparing the legal systems of the United States and China. They're completely different things and I would think that any person reading this would realize that this kind of Faulty Comparison makes this entire post moot.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464813315,1464813009][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's the link for all of you who are ignoring this Server Review Of My Experience On A Servers "Shatteried Skies"

Reaction score
    When did I once in this post even mention SS? Also, Erth continuously kept changing interpretations of said rules to fit his purposes as some of the rules are vague. As for you, Spocklin, I know you are Erth's lapdog, but come on man. The only actual rule that was broken at any point was not immediately mining planets that were blown up to save for later, which only one or two people did and they promptly stopped once they were told about it.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464814568,1464814452][/DOUBLEPOST]As for the rule for harrasing a single faction for little material gain? The end goal was to negative Spocklins faction points to get all of his resources from his home. That is not "little material gain".
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464814735][/DOUBLEPOST]The swarmers that ended up being prematurely set up at spawn were initally intended to overload Spocklins AMS system when the time came to do so and we were going to move it into position but the one doing so had to go afk and temporarily docked it at spawn as it was closer than our homebase.

Reaction score
    By using an in-game flaw to attack me that was breaking the rules. Napther was to keep away from me while I was to keep away from him he obviously could not handle that. I have had my share of disagreements with Erth over various subjects and I will not get into them right now. SS is by far much worse and I think Eldiwyn post should get more attention. I am no ones lap dog I answer to me myself and I period. I would have destroyed anyone who dared attack my faction hoe and you know it or did you forget the fact that my fleet reigned superior to your one massive ship. The ai simply cannot handle hundreds of entities attacking it.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464815054,1464814948][/DOUBLEPOST]You also would have caused a sharp response from the rest of the server Piano with your stupid plans. You were simply outnumbered and outgunned yet you fail to realize that. Plus you guys should just realize that exploiting an in-game flaw like taking away my stations using ramming drones so that I cannot find out who it was exactly without an admin's help is extremely childish and would not have worked as I have 105k FP's.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464815140][/DOUBLEPOST]Then there's the fact that several SS admins joined the server in order to harass me all of the time for leaving SS. This is a common tactic of your friends Piano.

Reaction score
    Spocklin spocklin, bro. First how are you doing mate. I will like to state that not every admin on bad servers are bad. Yes napther knew about stuff but he was like me when he cannot do anything about it. Dont generalize the whole community please mate, it hurt meh feelings. The WORST admins i have ran into are in fact Gorn, Guthris, And Chicken based on their trolling, how they act when people dont agree with them and them doing what ever they want to get their way. Now i should not just call Spocklin out bc thats mean. Everyone, dont assume the whole team is bad just because of a couple bad apples. thanks :P

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    Sorry I was more trying to point towards chckn and guthris earlier. Napther was not so nice to me either though. My point still stands though that these players broke in-game rules and were punished for them. By players I am referencing Napther and apparently Atheu.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464816517,1464816122][/DOUBLEPOST]luewind

Status
    Not open for further replies.